By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Last Story: Wii's Best Looking Game?

The Last Story: Wii's Best Looking Game

September 30th, 2010, by Carl B. - Among all the sloppy ports and games with PS2-quality graphics that make their way to the Wii, there have been some fantastic looking games both from Nintendo themselves and third party studios. Hironobu Sakaguchi -- creator of the Final Fantasy series -- and his Mistwalker studio are hard at work on The Last Story, a Nintendo-published exclusive Wii title. With an early 2011 release date set, The Last Story is already looking to be the Wii's best game visually. 

The first image is The Last Story, and the second image is the Wii game its being compared to. 

The Last Story vs Monster Hunter Tri 

The Last Story vs Super Mario Galaxy 2 

The Last Story vs The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 

The one exception: The Last Story vs Xenoblade 

http://inintendo.net/Articles/TheLastStoryBestLooking.php

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

Xenoblade and the last story both look exceptionally well. It's really unbelievable how some companies dont even try. Now SMG has a different art style, but if you compare monser hunter to last story or xenoblade, im sure we'll see a huuge difference.

trailers and such...

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

From the videos, the last story just pawns Xenoblade. I mean Xenoblade has beautiful environments, but the character models can't even be compared 

Monster Hunter 3 looked horrible on my TV :/ I'd place Zelda and even RE4 above it in terms of visuals.

Around the Network

I already knew it would look great. Glad these screens confirm my thoughts.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

--OkeyDokey-- said:

Monster Hunter 3 looked horrible on my TV :/ I'd place Zelda and even RE4 above it in terms of visuals.

RE4? Really :S

Xenoblades art style and music >> the rest  

xenoblade FTW!

Edit: and Metroid Other M DESERVES a mention for graphics but I guess everyones just down on it so much they are being unfair now.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

unless the game doesn't come to the west... then it sux :x

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Its a close call between Xenoblade and TLS but my undying bias towards anything "Xeno" related gives it the edge for me.