By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK: F1 2010 outsells Halo Reach & Dead Rising 2 combined!

A203D said:

This list is odd, Prince of Persia, which i thought was a flop is in the top 10?? and Mass Effect 2 which i also thought would have been dead by now (Jan release) is in the top 20??

It's UK only remember. I think PoP (the movie) was recently released on DVD/Blu Ray which could have boosted sales and ME2 is just a great game :P (maybe it had a price drop?)

Around the Network
Scoobes said:
A203D said:

This list is odd, Prince of Persia, which i thought was a flop is in the top 10?? and Mass Effect 2 which i also thought would have been dead by now (Jan release) is in the top 20??

It's UK only remember. I think PoP (the movie) was recently released on DVD/Blu Ray which could have boosted sales and ME2 is just a great game :P (maybe it had a price drop?)

Yeah thats actully a good explaination, i suppose a theory for ME2 is the surge of 360 sales, it couldve been bundled with Reach i think, which would explain it. really good sales for F1, hopefully GT5 will far eclipise them!!

Here is the individual formats chart

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110032

What is interesting about it is 360 version sold more. I would of expected the PS3 version to be first as i thought they were the racing fans, i bought it on my ps3 as you can see from my tag thingy.

Sports champions down to 7th on individual format. If it can stay around there for the next few weeks itwill be doing okay.

Hyruken said:

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110032

What is interesting about it is 360 version sold more. I would of expected the PS3 version to be first as i thought they were the racing fans, i bought it on my ps3 as you can see from my tag thingy.

Sports champions down to 7th on individual format. If it can stay around there for the next few weeks itwill be doing okay.

i would never buy a racing game on my ps3 if i could get it on my 360. the triggers are much better for the pedal feeling if you dont play with a wheel. and why do you think the racing fans have a ps3? just because gt is on ps? if i think back on games like ralli sport challenge on the old xbox, for me there isnt a big diffenrence between both consoles in this genre. ok, f1 was ps exclusive some times but i dont think one of both consoles is the special console racing fans buy.

btw i expected those sells for f1 in the uk. hamilton and button had big success the last years and they have both still the chance to win this year. mclaren and williams are  british companies as well, this season is on of the most exciting the last decades and the game is very good :)

here in germany it will be a big success as well because there are lot of german drivers and mercedes...

Hyruken said:

Not that suprising when you take into account the 360 userbase in the UK. Whilst it's true that it's much harder to sterotype PS gamers like you can with the 360 (FPS/TPS), the userbase is massive.

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:

here in germany it will be a big success as well because there are lot of german drivers and mercedes...

A lot of German drivers? It's practically half the grid!

crissindahouse said:
Hyruken said:

i would never buy a racing game on my ps3 if i could get it on my 360. the triggers are much better for the pedal feeling if you dont play with a wheel. and why do you think the racing fans have a ps3? just because gt is on ps? if i think back on games like ralli sport challenge on the old xbox, for me there isnt a big diffenrence between both consoles in this genre. ok, f1 was ps exclusive some times but i dont think one of both consoles is the special console racing fans buy.

btw i expected those sells for f1 in the uk. hamilton and button had big success the last years and they have both still the chance to win this year. mclaren and williams are  british companies as well, this season is on of the most exciting the last decades and the game is very good :)

Reason i got it for my PS3 is i have the steering wheel for it. I haven't got one for my 360 because the official one is never in stock here. However when i was at game a few weeks back the guy behind the counter said a new official 360 one was coming out in october.

Well what can I say. All around pretty expected sales.

F1 2010 got the number 1, Reach saw the Halo typical 80% drop, some "classics" hanging in there etc.

Should be a good week for the UK

Great to see people buying F1 2010, and hopefully this will mean more sales for Codies other racing games

Of course, none of these are going to be top next week, FIFA 11 will just destroy everything else

Little assumptions...

• F1 2010 (X360) 
  • F1 2010 (PS3)
  • Halo: Reach (X360) - 86k (80% drop from last week)
  • Dead Rising 2 (X360) - 40k? (combined < Halo: Reach)
  • Dead Rising 2 (PS3) - 35k? (combined < Halo: Reach)
  • Civilization V (PC)
  • Sports Champions (PS3) - 15k (12% drop from last week)
  • Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock (X360)
  • Final Fantasy XIV (PC)
  • Just Dance (Wii)