By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK: F1 2010 outsells Halo Reach & Dead Rising 2 combined!

Most of the people I know have purchased F1 for the PC, It certainly did a roaring trade on Steam visit the steam forums and see the uproar when it was delayed going on to steam in the UK.

The one guy who I spoke to most was pretty pissed about having to wait. He has had nothing but good things to say since. Would he be buying GT5 though? No mainly be cause he felt this game was better and he also did not like what they were doing with giving out headline car numbers then limiting features buy car and track. I may not agree with his reasoning as I am not really very familiar with GT5 so will not comment (other than to say the rain effect looked awesome in the video), also I am not a big racing fan although I do own FM3 but that was only because I own a 360 and the game looked cool.

So based on this rather small survey of one (Only slightly smaller than a Hair product survey) is it possible that F1 could take some GT5 customers? Or do you think as stated in a post above it will increase peoples excitment?

Clearly it demonstrates that Gamers still want quality racing games which I think you could of been tricked into thinking was not the case anymore with all these FPS around. 

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:

Great to see people buying F1 2010, and hopefully this will mean more sales for Codies other racing games

Of course, none of these are going to be top next week, FIFA 11 will just destroy everything else

yeah FIFA will easily outsell all those games on the list combined. Not just Reach and Dead Rising 2 :P

welshbloke said:

Most of the people I know have purchased F1 for the PC, It certainly did a roaring trade on Steam visit the steam forums and see the uproar when it was delayed going on to steam in the UK.

The one guy who I spoke to most was pretty pissed about having to wait. He has had nothing but good things to say since. Would he be buying GT5 though? No mainly be cause he felt this game was better and he also did not like what they were doing with giving out headline car numbers then limiting features buy car and track. I may not agree with his reasoning as I am not really very familiar with GT5 so will not comment (other than to say the rain effect looked awesome in the video), also I am not a big racing fan although I do own FM3 but that was only because I own a 360 and the game looked cool.

So based on this rather small survey of one (Only slightly smaller than a Hair product survey) is it possible that F1 could take some GT5 customers? Or do you think as stated in a post above it will increase peoples excitment?

Clearly it demonstrates that Gamers still want quality racing games which I think you could of been tricked into thinking was not the case anymore with all these FPS around. 

Well, exactly as you say in your last paragraph. Gamers still want racing games, which was taken into question in regards to the sales GT5 gonna achieve. So clearly, from that perspective, GT5 doesnt have to fear that racers arent cool anymore.

Im absolutely sure some wont purchase Gt5 because they already have F1. But i dont think it will make an notable difference. I go for your last question - F1 will increase peoples exitement for GT5.

Wenn killerspieler in killerspielen killerspieler killen, dann killen killerspieler in killerspielen killerspieler.

sirvice said:
welshbloke said:

Well, exactly as you say in your last paragraph. Gamers still want racing games, which was taken into question in regards to the sales GT5 gonna achieve. So clearly, from that perspective, GT5 doesnt have to fear that racers arent cool anymore.

Im absolutely sure some wont purchase Gt5 because they already have F1. But i dont think it will make an notable difference. I go for your last question - F1 will increase peoples exitement for GT5.

F1 and Gran Turismo are two very different things though. In UK we love our racers, we are petrol heads. But other then that F1 is a huge sport here. It has a big following and is watched by millions. It helps that two of the top drivers are from England of course. In contrast GT is just a game and focus' on a very different aspect of racing. For example F1 has the whole event where you practice, qualify then race. That is the sport side of it. GT doesn't do that, it is more arcade then simulation in that respect. Gt5 is going to sell big in UK, i would say it will easily outsell F1 2010. But a lot of people who play F1 do so because they are fans of the sport, they know the drivers etc.. It is the same with Football here. Huge fans of it. Fifa sales will be monster, easily a million first week across the formats. But that doesn't mean all football games sell well. A Steven Gerrard football game called Pure Football was released by Ubisoft here a few months back, it bombed hard for example.

ethomaz said:

Little assumptions...

• F1 2010 (X360) 
  • F1 2010 (PS3)
  • Halo: Reach (X360) - 60k (80% drop from last week)
  • Dead Rising 2 (X360) - 30k? (combined < Halo: Reach)
  • Dead Rising 2 (PS3) - 25k? (combined < Halo: Reach)
  • Civilization V (PC)
  • Sports Champions (PS3) - 15k (12% drop from last week)
  • Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock (X360)
  • Final Fantasy XIV (PC)
  • Just Dance (Wii)
  • Reach is 86k

300k is first day,not first week

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=116840&page=1

Around the Network
    Hyruken said:

Here is the individual formats chart

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110032

What is interesting about it is 360 version sold more. I would of expected the PS3 version to be first as i thought they were the racing fans, i bought it on my ps3 as you can see from my tag thingy.

Sports champions down to 7th on individual format. If it can stay around there for the next few weeks itwill be doing okay.

Not only that but , but those are combined sales.

D-Joe said:
    ethomaz said:

Little assumptions...

• F1 2010 (X360) 
  • F1 2010 (PS3)
  • Halo: Reach (X360) - 86k (80% drop from last week)
  • Dead Rising 2 (X360) - 40k? (combined < Halo: Reach)
  • Dead Rising 2 (PS3) - 35k? (combined < Halo: Reach)
  • Civilization V (PC)
  • Sports Champions (PS3) - 15k (12% drop from last week)
  • Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock (X360)
  • Final Fantasy XIV (PC)
  • Just Dance (Wii)
  • Reach is 86k

300k is first day,not first week

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=116840&page=1

Thanks... fixed.

Great to see race fans showing up and supporting a mostly quality product.  I say "mostly" because in less than a week of release a dump trucks worth of bugs/glitches have been snuffed out by the community.  Codies has already stated that a patch is in the works, hopefully it is an ambitious patch that really improves the base game as opposed to one that is merely designed to pacify the masses.

icelt said:

Great to see race fans showing up and supporting a mostly quality product.  I say "mostly" because in less than a week of release a dump trucks worth of bugs/glitches have been snuffed out by the community.  Codies has already stated that a patch is in the works, hopefully it is an ambitious patch that really improves the base game as opposed to one that is merely designed to pacify the masses.

What sort of glitches? I'm getting the PS3 version tomorrow.