By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - are you a fanboy ?

I consider myself a Nintendo Fanboy on the basis that I love almost everything they release, but I don't bash the other consoles and appreciate what they offer.

As much as I hate that new age "everyone is right in their own beliefs" crap, it's my philosophy when it comes to the video game wars.

Around the Network

I've alway's been a fan of the Playstation brand(so not Sony as a whole), and alway's loved Nintendo until the Gamecube days.

But if i can be accused of be a fan of anything, it has to be PC. PC is where my gaming days started and i will support it forever, so yeah i'm a PC fanboy.

i like all consoles but only love the ones from nintendo, if that makes me a fanboy then yes i am.

if i was a fanboy i would have a perma ban right now.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Very much so, though it's a matter of time as much as taste. I barely have time to play all i wish to on the platforms i own (i never bought Muramasa, Electroplankton, Zack and Wiki, Mario and Luigi, lots of stuff across Wii and DS), so i couldn't really justify buying other platforms, though there are games in both places i would enjoy

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

I tried to give away my Wii yesterday and the person wouldn't take it. I am a Nintendo fanboy to the end.

We all prefer certain things, but my sony fanboy days are over I just support it more because its in third place. Actually in the three years I owned my 360 and PS3, this is the first year the 360 will beat my PS3 for exclusives. Wait check that I forgot Mass Effect 2 went multiplat to PS3.

Yup, I'm a fanboy of Flower (#1 on VGC in fact!), Guild Wars 2 (#1 on VGC again), Heavy Rain (I would be murdered brutally for trying to claim #1 on this one. ) and games that try to do storytelling and atmosphere well.

For this reason, I'm a bit of a Sony fanboy, not because of the hardware they build, but because of the games they build and support.

I think this thread of mine illustrates my stance on hardware pretty well though (exclusives suck!).  

I used to be a big Nintendo fan when I was younger and remember when I used to tell PS1 owners that it sucks and explain how my N64 was so much better.

Now I remember how shortly after I that I got a PS1 for Christmas and my love for JRPG grew and it is now probably my most favorite console.

What I know now is that being a fanboy is such a waste because your opinion can sway in an instant.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Yes I am a fan of video games and a guy.  So yeah, I'm a fanboy.  :)

dunno001:

"Needless to say, I've never trusted them, or, frankly, any other review source. What I do trust, is what I see with my own eyes and play with my own hands."

Favorite Games of All-Time:

1.  Star Ocean 3   2. Kingdom Hearts:  Birth by Sleep  3. Kingdom Hearts 1/2  4.  Metal Gear Solid 4    5.  Super Mario 3  6.  Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess/Ocarina of Time  7. Uncharted 2

By the way, the one you linked to me on Bestbuy is A LOT better.

The ones in the OP sucks, but the one in the link is pretty good. It shows how the little girls motions effect the game.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!