By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 to sell 50m through retail by end of 2010? Lets track it......

Dam shortages. 200K less than expected in America this week, right?

(or was that last week, Im so confused)

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:

Dam shortages. 200K less than expected in America this week, right?

(or was that last week, Im so confused)

I know...next week though we could see anywhere from 1 - 1.5 million plus any adjustments up for the past two weeks once NPD reports in January.

I expect big adjustments up for 360 and Kinect, VGchartz has been undertracking both for some time.

There will probably be a 25-50K adjustment for the XBox 360 next week. Kinect bundles are selling like crazy. Every retailer I do into I see someone playing it.

yeah, but they are doing their best to figure it out.  It's tough when a product that used to do average sales is suddenly selling out, it changes their calculations.

Around the Network

it got the mil,   i have to admit if asked in jan... i would have put it under 50 million ... impressive what the slim has done, now for  a price cut next year

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

looks like it is gonna fall short, probably another 1 million next week, but it won't get 900k the week after christmas.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

johnsobas said:

looks like it is gonna fall short, probably another 1 million next week, but it won't get 900k the week after christmas

Naw, it will clear 50M pretty easy. After this week 360 is at 49,008,718 worldwide, and next week is the biggest week of the year.  I am expecting:

Week ending 12/25/2010: 1.1M

Week ending 1/1/2011: 460k

Total worldwide: 50.650 Million

So it will be about 650,000 over 50 million, pretty nice.

johnsobas said:

looks like it is gonna fall short, probably another 1 million next week, but it won't get 900k the week after christmas.

???

I'll just have to assume you have your weeks or its current total mixed up.  It's at just over 49 million now and VGC still has 2 more sales weeks to report for this year, with one of those being THIS week leading up to Christmas day, quite often the biggest sales week of the year.

Such a bold prediction this was.  Quite amazing to see it coming to fruition.

Congrats in anticipation to 360 making 50 million. I only gave it an outside chance, but it's gonna breeze past 50 milllion. And even if there are some downward adjustments I don't think they'll be so large as to bring it back under 50 million by year's end.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix