By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 to sell 50m through retail by end of 2010? Lets track it......

BHR-3 said:
Seece said:

360 should do 14 - 14.5 million this year.

im interested to see what you think it'll do for the 4 remaining weeks since you threw in the 14.5 in there

its at 10.4M now so it needs 1 mill each week for the rest of the 4 weeks to hit 14.5M

my beliefs are

5th Dec - 11th Dec -820k
12th Dec - 18th Dec -920k
19th Dec - 25th Dec- just over a 1M
26th Dec - 1st Jan - no more than 600k

total 3340 10.4M=13.8

give or take my math it could hit and pass 14M but my beliefs are 13.8-14M

not thats bad b/c most thought that it wouldnt even do that beginning of this year myself including

14.5 is the very upper limit, if 360 goes and pulls a 3 mill NPD out the bag and what have you, I think it'll just pass 14 mill if it remains above pace.

I'm using my charts btw, 10.7 mill, for some reason I can't figure out the dates for yearly totals, if you know please spill

But along the lines of what you posted yes.

EDIT - I use 1 week earlier, I assume brett uses 1 week later. Hence our discrepency.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=113257&page=1

EDIT 2 - http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=116786&page=1#

That said, 360 is trending above PS3 last year since Kinect launch, so that no more than 600k for Jan 1st doesn't make sound logic. PS3 did around 600k, so 360 should do 700k if it follows the same trend. I assume you think 360's magically downfall will hit straight away in 2011 and PS3 will be back to first straight away?

Around the Network

i just used the charts on the vgc page hit yearly and picked 2010 thats how i got 10.4M

i used 08 numbers it looks like 360 is doing 100k more each week than it did then it did 600k this week in 08 360 did 720 so i believe it might follow the same trend as it did then with te addition of 100k or so its peak week for last week sales out all the yr its been out i believe was that yr also at 360k so even if we inflate it by 200k it still would be under 600k thats how i came up with that

since yo turn it into ps3vs 360

no i believe ps3 will start winning WW maybe end of Jan or Feb idk i have to check SW releases but 360 will win all the 4 weeks of this year and most likely 3 out of the 4 in jan if you look at 09 ps3 got some wins even before slim and the sales were pretty close weekly aswell  i believe ps3 sw releases will be even bigger than in was in 09 and in early 09 ps3 was $400 its now $300 so i believe it wont be that difficult to steal some WW victories over it in the early and mid portions of the 2011

Play Me

BHR-3 said:
Seece said:

360 should do 14 - 14.5 million this year.

im interested to see what you think it'll do for the 4 remaining weeks since you threw in the 14.5 in there

its at 10.4M now so it needs 1 mill each week for the rest of the 4 weeks to hit 14.5M

my beliefs are

5th Dec - 11th Dec -820k
12th Dec - 18th Dec -920k
19th Dec - 25th Dec- just over a 1M
26th Dec - 1st Jan - no more than 600k

total 3340 10.4M=13.8

give or take my math it could hit and pass 14M but my beliefs are 13.8-14M

not thats bad b/c most thought that it wouldnt even do that beginning of this year myself including

sounds about right. Maybe we can get to 14.

BHR-3 said:

i just used the charts on the vgc page hit yearly and picked 2010 thats how i got 10.4M

i used 08 numbers it looks like 360 is doing 100k more each week than it did then it did 600k this week in 08 360 did 720 so i believe it might follow the same trend as it did then with te addition of 100k or so its peak week for last week sales out all the yr its been out i believe was that yr also at 360k so even if we inflate it by 200k it still would be under 600k thats how i came up with that

since yo turn it into ps3vs 360

no i believe ps3 will start winning WW maybe end of Jan or Feb idk i have to check SW releases but 360 will win all the 4 weeks of this year and most likely 3 out of the 4 in jan if you look at 09 ps3 got some wins even before slim and the sales were pretty close weekly aswell  i believe ps3 sw releases will be even bigger than in was in 09 and in early 09 ps3 was $400 its now $300 so i believe it wont be that difficult to steal some WW victories over it in the early and mid portions of the 2011

I don't get why Sony's lineup for next year is going to have much of an impact on sales.  Most are sequels so wouldn't most of the people interested in them already have a system by now?

laughing out loud

codbo pushed hw for both HDs one would think everyone would have one after cod waw?

even if it doesnt push HW like COD PS3 exclusive SW releasing month after month will do one thing and that is keep HW numbers stable through the dry portions of the year

Play Me

Around the Network

PS3 sales will see a sustained boost once _____ is released.

Insert MGS4, Killzone 2, LBP, Uncharted, Uncharted 2, GT5, GOW3, MAG, etc.  It never seems to end.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

thx1139 said:

Insert MGS4, Killzone 2, LBP, Uncharted, Uncharted 2, GT5, GOW3, MAG, etc.  It never seems to end.

I don't know about that. Only MGS4, FF XIII and GT5 really gave PS3 a boost. Mostly because the games were bundled with the systems. Without the bundle the PS3 sales boost wouldn't be that great.

I don't think a PS3 price drop will happen until E3 and if it doesn't M$ will drop their price as well. Microsoft is going to drop it $50 anyways, that's a give. The XBox 360 Slim (4GB) is already $200 and that will drop to $150 next year. Hopefully M$ will include a real HDD. Maybe a 20GB or 40GB would be nice. That would be perfect. The 250GB 360 Slim will be $250. With Kinect, it'll be $350. Sony's not going to drop their price $100, as they are currently making a profit on the system. They do not want to lose that profit at all. They are still in the hole with the PS3. They will drop the price $50, I'm sure.

thx1139 said:

I don't know about that. Only MGS4, FF XIII and GT5 really gave PS3 a boost. Mostly because the games were bundled with the systems. Without the bundle the PS3 sales boost wouldn't be that great.

I don't think a PS3 price drop will happen until E3 and if it doesn't M$ will drop their price as well. Microsoft is going to drop it $50 anyways, that's a give. The XBox 360 Slim (4GB) is already $200 and that will drop to $150 next year. Hopefully M$ will include a real HDD. Maybe a 20GB or 40GB would be nice. That would be perfect. The 250GB 360 Slim will be $250. With Kinect, it'll be $350. Sony's not going to drop their price $100, as they are currently making a profit on the system. They do not want to lose that profit at all. They are still in the hole with the PS3. They will drop the price $50, I'm sure.

MightyGrogg said:
thx1139 said:

Only way that Sony or MS includes a small drive is if it is a USB drive.  They include the most cost effective drive expected for the year and then adjust mid-year.  a 20GB or 40GB drive costs more than a 250GB drive.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

i wanst the 1st to bring ps3 in this thread and even commented about why others where bring it up go back and read my posts

i tried to keep it OT even gave my beliefs on what the numbers for 360s console only will be for the remainder of the year in my 1st post here i never got my reply back on what one said poster thought they would be in order to hit his 14.5M estimate instead of 4 weeks of 360 numbers i got this response

"I assume you think 360's magically downfall will hit straight away in 2011 and PS3 will be back to first straight away?"

i 1st responded to this question and was done with it left it alone for days what should ive done he left a ? at the end i respect people so i give them respect and answer there ?s towards me instead of leaving them hanging i quess i just wont give certain posters respect from now on

and then again to this one there was a ? mark so i thought i just give my answer

"I don't get why Sony's lineup for next year is going to have much of an impact on sales.  Most are sequels so wouldn't most of the people interested in them already have a system by now?"

Play Me