By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 to sell 50m through retail by end of 2010? Lets track it......

BHR-3 said:

laughing out loud

codbo pushed hw for both HDs one would think everyone would have one after cod waw?

even if it doesnt push HW like COD PS3 exclusive SW releasing month after month will do one thing and that is keep HW numbers stable through the dry portions of the year

COD BO PS3 did 4 mill first week, most of the exclusives coming out next year for PS3 won't reach that lifetime, so no, incompareable.

Around the Network

360 would have to fall in Americas this week to lose any cushion it's built up. I think we all agree that's unlikely, it can gain anywhere from 0k - 150k this week.

Wow, the 360 has just about matched the same week so far with EMEAA sales. It sold 317k this week and 318k this week in 2008. That's pretty good as it was still riding high off of the price cut back then. Kinect and the 360S are making quite an impact.

Americas numbers last week were 50% higher than they were 2 years ago. (450k vs. 298k) Looking forward to the new numbers.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

kowenicki said:

Due to a strange anomalous blip in the space time continuum, the sales of the 360 fell back a little this week...

But it will still be ahead by over 300k. 

Next week 360 gets it's $75 wal mart card and stock replenished (I bloody hope anyway)
Japan gets FFXIII (for what little good it'll do)
EMEAA will likely keep getting rises close to xmas, with Kinect getting bigger and bigger there

Japan - 10/20k
EMEAA - 350k
Americas - pfft .. 500/800k

860/1,170k

kowenicki said:
Seece said:
kowenicki said:

Due to a strange anomalous blip in the space time continuum, the sales of the 360 fell back a little this week...

Next week 360 gets it's $75 wal mart card and stock replenished (I bloody hope anyway)
EMEAA will likely keep getting rises close to xmas, with Kinect getting bigger and bigger there

Japan - 10/20k
EMEAA - 350k

860/1,170k

well if the 360 cant meet demand for 500k in the US then the whole shortages angle falls to shit.

nobody can tell me that MS could supply more in 2008 then they can now...

I don't know I had a very hard time finding a xbox around me for my cousin.  I had to call 5 stores until I found a unit and then go to the broke side of my county to pick it up. could just be that people where waiting for the 75 giftcard deal.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Seece said:
kowenicki said:

Japan - 10/20k
EMEAA - 350k

860/1,170k

well if the 360 cant meet demand for 500k in the US then the whole shortages angle falls to shit.

They just did an extra 500k in US alone Nov, so I imagin they're well above 2008 and what they expected. Heck Nov 2010 > almost Dec 2009 with an extra week. It is pretty unprecedented for the 360.

kowenicki said:
bannedagain said:
kowenicki said:
Seece said:
kowenicki said:

Japan - 10/20k
EMEAA - 350k

860/1,170k

I don't know I had a very hard time finding a xbox around me for my cousin.  I had to call 5 stores until I found a unit and then go to the broke side of my county to pick it up. could just be that people where waiting for the 75 giftcard deal.

Cant havbe it both ways... it cant be people waiting for a deal AND its supply constrained...

I'm being coinsistent here.. I always had a go at the PS3 crowd when they used to bleat about supply....

I was just saying that I had a hard time, not that it was shortages.

going to be down about 50k this week because of supply issues

kowenicki said:
Seece said:
kowenicki said:
Seece said:
kowenicki said:

Japan - 10/20k
EMEAA - 350k

860/1,170k

They just did an extra 500k in US alone Nov, so I imagin they're well above 2008 and what they expected. Heck Nov 2010 > almost Dec 2009 with an extra week. It is pretty unprecedented for the 360.

I'd have to check but I am pretty sure supply was massive in 2008, the following shipment was low as there was still supply in the chain early 2009.  So plenty of slack in 2008 but struggling in 2010.

I figured it out! So I went to wal-mart just now and my buddy works in electronics. They had 250GB xbox's but no kinect and he was on the phone with all the wal-marts in the area and they do not have any kinect xbox 360 units or stand alone anywhere. However that is this week and Only in my area. SO I think it could be that the kinect units are what is the driving force for the big surge, No kinects unit, no surge.  All anecdotal evidence or we could go with what others are saying and say it's undertraced. BLAH, I will take the numbers the way they are though.

Remember M$ shot for 5 million and that could be in short supply. Best reason I got, I'm spent.

bannedagain said:
kowenicki said:
Seece said:
kowenicki said:
Seece said:
kowenicki said:

Japan - 10/20k
EMEAA - 350k

860/1,170k

I'd have to check but I am pretty sure supply was massive in 2008, the following shipment was low as there was still supply in the chain early 2009.  So plenty of slack in 2008 but struggling in 2010.

I figured it out! So I went to wal-mart just now and my buddy works in electronics. They had 250GB xbox's but no kinect and he was on the phone with all the wal-marts in the area and they do not have any kinect xbox 360 units or stand alone anywhere. However that is this week and Only in my area. SO I think it could be that the kinect units are what is the driving force for the big surge, No kinects unit, no surge.  All anecdotal evidence or we could go with what others are saying and say it's undertraced. BLAH, I will take the numbers the way they are though.

Remember M$ shot for 5 million and that could be in short supply. Best reason I got, I'm spent.

I work in the GM Receiving area of walmart and I can tell you that we just now got out first Kinect bundles in over a week... and we got something like 30... it's hard to remember cause I was so sick yesterday... if I have the time I can scan and check to see how many are in our warehouse as well as scan to check if any local walmart have any... it wouldn't be scientific but you would get a feel of how well they are being supplied