By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 to sell 50m through retail by end of 2010? Lets track it......

AnveL said:

no need to track, sure it will reach it cause of crazy american supporting.. xD

it's a 100% confirm over 50M by end of 2010, so don't worry.. xDD

State the obvious with 2 weeks of sales to go..

This thread was made 3 months ago,BEFORE kinect was released - ie before we knew what impact it would have on the worldwide sales, as it stands I don't think 360 would have made it over the 50M mark this year without Kinect.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Around the Network
NotStan said:
AnveL said:

no need to track, sure it will reach it cause of crazy american supporting.. xD

it's a 100% confirm over 50M by end of 2010, so don't worry.. xDD

State the obvious with 2 weeks of sales to go..

This thread was made 3 months ago,BEFORE kinect was released - ie before we knew what impact it would have on the worldwide sales, as it stands I don't think 360 would have made it over the 50M mark this year without Kinect.

Maybe not, but I don't think the PS3 would have ever cut into the XBox 360 's lead without the PS3 Slim. Every system needs something to get that edge back, whether it's another system or a price drop.

'gaming till I'm gone'

Tagged.  Gotta read this one later.

You reckon it can hit 50 million this week?

Yay go X360 crack 50 million.

Around the Network

I wonder what it will sell next year lol. im gonna go and guess at the end of 2011 the 360 will have something around 60-65 million consoles sold. Im assuming MS is going to do a Price Cut sense they haven't done one in a while now and maybe even lower the price of the Kinect sense it does cost around 50 to make. So if MS plays there cards right next year like they did this year They could have another healthy year. 

d21lewis said:

Tagged. This will make sure you read this.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
d21lewis said:

Tagged. This will make sure you read this.

I didn't read it.  You failed.

We should congratulate Microsoft for the achievement. Early on I predicted it would stop at 45M max, but look how good it's been doing tell now, I do believe that it reached it's peak & it will start fading but still 2 or more years are left in it, Still 50M is a great achievement

GuiltySpartan77 said:

I wonder what it will sell next year lol. im gonna go and guess at the end of 2011 the 360 will have something around 60-65 million consoles sold. Im assuming MS is going to do a Price Cut sense they haven't done one in a while now and maybe even lower the price of the Kinect sense it does cost around 50 to make. So if MS plays there cards right next year like they did this year They could have another healthy year. 

Imo 2011 could well be 360 peak year, if they slash the price of 250GB SKU's to $199 and price of 4GB SKU's to around ~$125, adding kinect bundle into the mix for around ~$75 when coming with additional console, it could cause serious damage. I think it all primarily comes down to what MS will release for Kinect next year, if it's a serious mix of core titles and party titles, it will succeed by taking two birds down with one stone - the cores and casuals.

Dramatic slashes I know, but it seems like all 3 consoles are likely to cut prices next year, with maybe an exception of Sony as it still was barely into double digit profits last time they reported their manufacturing costs, so the competition will be fierce, through some walmart gift cards into the mix(Even 20$) and the next holiday will be entertaining with meltdowns on all sides as sales will keep jumping all over the place, although I think that Wii might have it's best holiday yet if the price is slashed.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.