By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii remote with wii motionplus built in is Real.

dahuman said:
UncleScrooge said:

Now they just need to release a redesigned Wii and everything's gonna be alright for them... honestly how could Nintendo refuse to redesign its console? They did it with the NES, the SNES, the Gameboy, the Gameboy Advance and the DS. This is a common business move not only in the video gaming business but pretty much everywhere. And with the new Wii remote this would be the perfect timing (considering a redesigned console would be less impressive without a redesigned Wiimote included). Do it!

they already did, it's called redesign of gamecube. wii is compact and looks fine, no need to change it.

This is not about whether there is a need to redesign it. It would be a business decision just like everything Nintendo does is a business decision. It doesn't matter whether the Wii looks alright, it's about relaunching your product which, as I said in my previous post, is a common business strategy used in numerous markets to revitalize interest in your product.

When a product declines in popularity but a company is certain the product has life in it yet and is willing to continue to push the product instead of releasing a new one there is nothing that comes close to a redesign / relaunch if you want to raise awareness of your product in the market. And this is the case with the Wii. The product itself is extremely popular but it didn't get a lot of support during the last 9 months or so which causes awareness in the market to drop. A redesign / relaunch causes awareness to explode suddenly and Nintendo has the games to back it up, like Donkey Kong and Wii Party (and Mario Bros. of course) which resonate really well with the mass market.

Around the Network

I hope Zelda comes with this one, because playing with the WM attachment can be annoying if you need to switch to nes style at anytime.

So they're bundling a Wiimote with two of their holiday games?  Interesting.

Bout time- looks epic

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I want this so much

Around the Network

It still is going to flop, not many people are interested in Fling Smash, I expect this to be released with Zelda too.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

cr00mz said:

i hope there will be a white bundle

I was going to say that. Of course, I could just get a set in black and make them "stand out."

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

I have dreamed about a Wiimote with a built-in mplus. Awsome if true!

if there is something they should redesign, it's the wiimote, not the wii, they did such a good job with the wii that a redesign would be too hard, it's basically a much more powerful gamecube redesigned into something that's the size of an external dvd drive, hell it's smaller than a lot of external drives out there, I just don't know how they'd make it even better.

I was always going to buy FlingSmash to begin with but now its for sure.

Also could Wii Remote Plus be more accurate than Motion Plus? I mean if they are going to build a new Wii Remote with Motion Plus they should take the time to make it even better right?

Anyway F.S was just another Wii game but now F.S could become a System seller along with Wii Party,Donkey Kong Country Returns and Kirby's Epic Yarn.