By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii remote with wii motionplus built in is Real.

I am no longer going to doubt the sales capacity of Flingsmash

Around the Network

I'm buying 3 of this game.

Not kidding.

Another 10 million seller?

Now they just need to release a redesigned Wii and everything's gonna be alright for them... honestly how could Nintendo refuse to redesign its console? They did it with the NES, the SNES, the Gameboy, the Gameboy Advance and the DS. This is a common business move not only in the video gaming business but pretty much everywhere. And with the new Wii remote this would be the perfect timing (considering a redesigned console would be less impressive without a redesigned Wiimote included). Do it!

UncleScrooge said:

Now they just need to release a redesigned Wii and everything's gonna be alright for them... honestly how could Nintendo refuse to redesign its console? They did it with the NES, the SNES, the Gameboy, the Gameboy Advance and the DS. This is a common business move not only in the video gaming business but pretty much everywhere. And with the new Wii remote this would be the perfect timing (considering a redesigned console would be less impressive without a redesigned Wiimote included). Do it!

I've been saying this for quite a lot of time...

We can see 2007~2008 numbers all over again if a redesign of the Wii hist the market.

With it, the wii can even surpass the 50% marketshare...

Around the Network

Not surprised but very happy , hope i can buy this game for the extra remote.

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

Mr.Metralha said:
UncleScrooge said:

I've been saying this for quite a lot of time...

We can see 2007~2008 numbers all over again if a redesign of the Wii hist the market.

With it, the wii can even surpass the 50% marketshare...

Exactly. With some thought put into it a redesign will also reduce Nintendo's production costs for the Wii hardware. They could put Wii Sports  and Sports Resort on a single disc, have the motion plus built into the Wii remote, they could redesign the console in a way they don't have to include that grey stand anymore (which would reduce the size of the package) make the hardware a tiny bit smaller and thinner and give it a more modern look. Additionally they could put a wireless sensor bar in there and maybe even a wireless Nunchuk (but that wouldn't save costs, probably) and increase the internal memory to 2GB or something.

That should be enough to get people excited and it would reduce Nintendo's production costs while allowing them to raise the price of the hardware or keeping hardware at the same price for an extended period of time.

It seems weird that Iwata, who was so aggressive and willing to excite customers with the DS doesn't put more ressources into the Wii when it comes to these things.

i hope there will be a white bundle

UncleScrooge said:

they already did, it's called redesign of gamecube. wii is compact and looks fine, no need to change it.

dahuman said:
UncleScrooge said:

they already did, it's called redesign of gamecube. wii is compact and looks fine, no need to change it.

Sales say no. We don't need it, they need it. People just go crazy over redesigns (exept for PSP Go)...make it Nintendo or you'll have to launch Wii 2 in 2011!

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)