By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii remote with wii motionplus built in is Real.

Nice. And long overdue, imho.

I suspect Zelda will launch with a gold version of this packed in.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

I was already interested in this game, but with that my hype has gone up a lot.

Above: still the best game of the year.

dahuman said:

if there is something they should redesign, it's the wiimote, not the wii, they did such a good job with the wii that a redesign would be too hard, it's basically a much more powerful gamecube redesigned into something that's the size of an external dvd drive, hell it's smaller than a lot of external drives out there, I just don't know how they'd make it even better.

If they wanted they could do a Wii in the same size of a portable CD player...

Of course they can do a different redesign, they can always make it bigger, don't forget redesign doesn't mean smaller. Take a look at DSi XL.

Just a different shaped wii with some new tiny features such as more space would gather interest.

they couldnt possibly make the wii any smaller like 360 or ps3

I'll take two plz.

Honestly, this is why I waited on getting WMP. 

Around the Network

cool was interest in flingsmash and dont have wmp yet will definitely get this

After watching the trailer on youtube I'm not too sure about the game.  It just doesn't seem like my type of game.  However, the news about the Wii Remote Plus is awesome.  I will pick up 2 new controllers for sure when they are sold separately.

Oh, as for a redesign for the Wii, I think it would definitely be good for sales.  I just don't know what they could do to redesign it, maybe adding a hard drive to it.  Anyways, like I said I don't know.

Mr.Metralha said:
dahuman said:

if there is something they should redesign, it's the wiimote, not the wii, they did such a good job with the wii that a redesign would be too hard, it's basically a much more powerful gamecube redesigned into something that's the size of an external dvd drive, hell it's smaller than a lot of external drives out there, I just don't know how they'd make it even better.

If they wanted they could do a Wii in the same size of a portable CD player...

Of course they can do a different redesign, they can always make it bigger, don't forget redesign doesn't mean smaller. Take a look at DSi XL.

Just a different shaped wii with some new tiny features such as more space would gather interest.

Yeah. It's really just about raising interest in the product. They don't have to make it smaller, just give it a more modern look and some improvements because they certainly have the games to push the Wii until at least 2012. If you believe your product can still sell big numbers you give it an overhaul and save the costs of developing a new one.

Edit: Obviously, reducing the package size and the production costs alone would be enough for Nintendo to do this. It's not about making people happy in the first place it's about money.

Whew.

I knew waiting was the right idea!

I was only slightly interested in this game.  Now, needing a fourth WiiMote, I'll definitely pick this up.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2