By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Details on Donkey Kong Country Returns

Smeags said:
Khuutra said:

Oh it's going to be a good year for platforming, yessir.

One could even make an argument that 2010 is the best year for platformers ever! If I said something like that during the PS2/GCN/Xbox days, I would be promptly be shown the door. "Nonsense!" they would say, "Platformers are behind us now. It's time to look towards the future!"

Well the future is here and platforming has made a fantastic rebound this generation, to the point where even 2D Platformers are thriving. It's a wonderful time to be a platformer fan. ^_^

I mean, just look at my most anticipated games... it doesn't get much better than that.

Seriously  2D mario, DK, and kirby, and sonic! Tell this to anyone 2 years ago and they would've dubbed you insane(hell i would've said so too!). 

Seriously all that im doin is watching DKC videos on youtube, i am this much hyped!!!

Around the Network

Heh, I never liked donkey kong country... and this looks similar... I'm looking forward to epic mickey the most... or Kirby. and LBP if they add keyboard and mouse support

noname2200 said:

I don't know how much Retro's artists get paid, but they certainly earn every penny.

I'm loving Retro more and more. I would totally try to land a job there in 3D models or animation if they weren't based in Texas. Sadly I will probably have to settle for High Voltage since they are Chicago based, and Midway has essentially gone belly up :(

Yay Rambi!

Rambi was always my favorite animal friend, anyhow. I'd be satisfied even if none of the other ones made a return.

Bah!

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

Definitely Game of the Year. Or was or is there another game I am forgetting about?

Ah yes, of course. Metroid: Other M.

True, but there's a couple of others as well IMO (mainly Tri and Galaxy 2). But this could be up there, no question...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

RolStoppable said:

Definitely Game of the Year. Or was or is there another game I am forgetting about?

Sin and Punishment 2!

And All Points Bulletin, of course.

The overworld's a 3D island you explore? Really? Wow.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

So far I'm eagerly anticipating it's arrival.

www.tranmererovers.co.uk

Currently playing: Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks and Red Steel.

Wii Friend Codes:

Smash Bros Brawl- 5284 2865 3565

Mario Kart Wii- 0216 0932 4306

Mario Strikers Charged- 034471 707985

Send me a message if you have added me.

"- now you jump with the cart, instead of jumping out of it"

In the first DKC you actually jump with the car.

MY ZELDA COLLECTION