By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Different between Move and Wii?

Squilliam said:
sly777 said:
Squilliam said:

You guys have all got it wrong!

The difference is in the games.

The Wii has games.

Thats the difference.

agree... and the move is 5 years too late !

4 years too late... you cannot release Move before the PS3 is released, can you?

I think he just meant that PS3 was 1 year late... :)

Around the Network
Icyedge said:
wfz said:
Cheebee said:
wfz said:
Hynad said:

Some people here obviously never heard of the Difficulty Setting concept.  ¬_¬

We were talking strictly about 1-to-1 use of motion controller. As far as I remember, there is no "easy 1-to-1" and "hard 1-to-1." That is a ridiculous idea. =P 1-to-1 is just that... 1-to-1.

God I hate typing that (1-to-1) out constantly. We need to find an easier way to say it. like 121. >.>

Lol, I was going to say exactly the same thing, you beat me to it! 1:1 Is 1:1, easy or hard 1:1 is just silly. XD If it's made easier, then it's not 1:1.

And bytheway, there's the easy way to type it, 1:1.

*face palm* Thank you.

Difficulty setting like assist in Move table tennis. The paddle will go in front of the ball by itself, like W.S.R.. If you prefer total 1:1, then you also have that option. The difficulty setting remove total 1:1 in favor of a limited 1:1. Thats what he meant guys.

Yup, this is. I'm sure 99% of people here would get bored of a table tennis game which represents 100% accuracy their movements with a racket. People want to be good at what they do at videogames, and with motion controls this isn't only a matter of the difficulty level, but the assistance that the game gives to your movements. 1:1 isn't something really desirable, it would discourage most players.

Almost no one knows how to lob, how to control spin, slice or volley. I need assistance to my movements, I don't want to hit the ball 99% of the times out of the playing court.

The move can be used for Airplane Trafficking , while the Wii Mote doesn't

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Cheebee said:
wfz said:
Kynes said:

What I don't get is why people want it to be perfectly 1:1 accurate. Does we play videogames to be as bad in them than in real life? When I play a tennis game, I want to be as good as Rafa Nadal or Roger Federer, I don't want to be as bad as I'm in real life. Being 1:1 isn't fun, because then 95% of the players here won't win a single point against a virtual Tsonga, or a virtual Nalbandian.

This is why I think 1:1 is a fallacy, and we want to be helped when we play games, because real life is much harder than videogames, and most of the time being real isn't as funny as winning.

This is true whether people want to admit it or not. There are some simple, mundane exercises you can do in 1-to-1 and have fun, but when things get more complicated, you're limiting yourself to your real physical abilities. Have fun playing God of War and Tiger Woods golf.

Quoted for truth.

that doesn't work though, that's like saying "Why would I want my analog stick to be 1:1? I don't want to be good at a game, I just want to have fun"

I mean the move doesn't have to be 1:1, that's like saying the PS3 has to be HD with every single game, because it's superior. I mean the software can be made to not be 1:1, just how you can make a game with analog sticks not be completely precise either, so in reality the move is simply a superior controller than the wii mote even with motion plus, that's like having a PS2, that plays ps 1 games. You can play games not as technically advanced like what's on the wii, but also play more technically advanced games on the move.

mM

yer move is more accurate.

however I do not know how it compares to Motion Plus as it has lacking efforts on it thus far.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:

You guys have all got it wrong!

The difference is in the games.

The Wii has games.

Thats the difference.

True. I was expecting a better lineup for move :/ Sports champions wont justify me to get one. But a shooter will, or something with swords(star wars hellooo).

However what i think will happen is that more multiplatform games for PS/Wii will happen, as developers are more encouraged to develop good motion games. And i think we'll begin to see that mid 2011 and later on. So as a Wii owner im satisfied with this without getting move. But if you'd had to choose as someone who has neither a PS3 or a wii, it depends on the games and i think the move is better than the wii mote from what i've seen

Edit: God people, can we just accept that the move has been released -.-

TukTuk said:

I look at Move and it just looks like a Wii Remote with a glowing bulb.  What's the key differences?  Why is it so much better?  I'm not trying to flame, I just want to know why I should pick one up over the Wii?

let's put it this way.

the move is an evolution of the wiimote. I enables better Z plane tracking and the technology for the rest is more recent....

that said, if you're looking for motion control games... the Wii has plenty of good ones, the move just released... soo....

I'd say if you have a wii don't buy move. If you have a PS3 wait till there are games. If you have neither... well do you want to play right now or is waiting for christmass and seeing the offering in games an option?

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

kfd056 said:

Basically, PS move has slight lag and Wiimotion Plus doesnt have. Hope that answers your questions.

Wow. That's not even really trolling, it's just lying.

Firstly, every control input has lag, and secondly, Move's lag is no higher than that of WM .

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
kfd056 said:

Basically, PS move has slight lag and Wiimotion Plus doesnt have. Hope that answers your questions.

Firstly, every control input has lag, and secondly, Move's lag is no higher than that of WM .

Actually, it is.

If you take the lag of the Move controller alone then you're right, the lag should be pretty much exactly as high/low as a Wii Remote.

But since probably all games use the feature of locating the XYZ position of the controller by the use of the glowing ball and the camera, the lag is indeed a bit higher, because the video from the PS Eye comes in at only 60Hz and must be analyzed for glowing spheres before the XYZ location can be reported to the game.

Would be interesting to know if games that do not need XYZ location can turn this feature off to reduce lag and processing overhead.

It's far from being as bad as Kinect's lag (only 30Hz video and lots of processing required before the skeleton data can be delivered to the game), but when XYZ locating is used lag is indeed a bit higher than that of a Wii remote.

ArnoldRimmer said:
Kantor said:
kfd056 said:

Actually, it is.

If you take the lag of the Move controller alone then you're right, the lag should be pretty much exactly as high/low as a Wii Remote.

But since probably all games use the feature of locating the XYZ position of the controller by the use of the glowing ball and the camera, the lag is indeed a bit higher, because the video from the PS Eye comes in at only 60Hz and must be analyzed for glowing spheres before the XYZ location can be reported to the game.

Would be interesting to know if games that do not need XYZ location can turn this feature off to reduce lag and processing overhead.

Which means 60 frames would be processed every second. Depending on how long the PS Eye actually takes to process the data (in fact, I think, but I'm not certain, that the PS3 still processes, unlike Kinect), that lag would be...miniscule. It's one extra dimension, so one extra co-ordinate, so...in theory, half as long again? Assuming, of course, that the PS3 and Wii processed at the same speed, which they don't.

So the technical side is still a mystery, but the fact remains that no recent reviews speak of any significant (game-breaking or visible) lag.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective