By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Different between Move and Wii?

Icyedge said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Icyedge said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Icyedge said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Icyedge said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

Actually its not that he had it too close its that he tilted the Wii remote so it would lose sight of the sensor bar and then then bought it back into perspective so it wouldn't work right, it'll happen if you know how to disorient the technology, but it doesn't happen really ever if you're properly using the hardware.

No the lag in the Move is the signal of the actual motion being done is sent to the console and it takes time for that motion to be represented on screen, the video Procupine is showing is the IR camera in use and it isn't lag generally that happens when its lost track of the two IR dots and there could be interference like Zelda SS at E3 when Shiggy was playing.  

The motion on the Wii remote just doesn't lag compared to what you see on screen unlike Move, is it game breaking? No.  Is it there? Yes.

Which released Move title did you had more on screen lag than on Wii? I understand there may be more processing, but from the games I played theres very few noticeable lag. Based on what I tried on Move and Wii, I would tend to say lag is less apparent on Move. Dont know how, but the on screen lag seems lower with Move to me. Maybe its just the added accuracy that makes it look more seemless, though.

Specifically for me Tumble but I have seen other games and there are reviews to back it up.

I have Tumble too, I didnt notice more lag than the average Wii game. About reviews to back it up, did you meant previews?  Most reviews of released games are actually praising the lack of lag. Anyway, my argument wasnt that theres no lag at all.

From Craig Harris (IGN.com)

"My only issue is the lag: there's definitely a millisecond delay between your hand and the on-screen representation with Move and Sports Champions."

"That's where the Wii controller excels: there doesn't feel like there's any delay in its one-to-one motion."

That's from the full game not a preview and exactly in line with my experiences.

Have other example? There certainly is a milisecond delay with Move, theres also that on Wii. Im sure I can easily find way more reviews praising the lack of apparent lag.

Well I tend to believe myself since I don't lie and believe those that has experiences mirroring my own, so I'd ask you to find this so called lag on the Wii and give examples, since with my experience I haven't seen this lag, there can be times where a motion doesn't register right, which people and reviews back that up, but lag... no.  Given a video camera you could do frame by frame of the Move lag much like the lag in controls for KZ2 when it launched.

My point was that theres at least the same amount of lag on Wii than on Move. Which mean almost no apparent lag, thats pretty hard to prove with videos one way or another.

Frame by frame proves otherwise lol

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Icyedge said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Icyedge said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Icyedge said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Icyedge said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

Actually its not that he had it too close its that he tilted the Wii remote so it would lose sight of the sensor bar and then then bought it back into perspective so it wouldn't work right, it'll happen if you know how to disorient the technology, but it doesn't happen really ever if you're properly using the hardware.

No the lag in the Move is the signal of the actual motion being done is sent to the console and it takes time for that motion to be represented on screen, the video Procupine is showing is the IR camera in use and it isn't lag generally that happens when its lost track of the two IR dots and there could be interference like Zelda SS at E3 when Shiggy was playing.  

The motion on the Wii remote just doesn't lag compared to what you see on screen unlike Move, is it game breaking? No.  Is it there? Yes.

Which released Move title did you had more on screen lag than on Wii? I understand there may be more processing, but from the games I played theres very few noticeable lag. Based on what I tried on Move and Wii, I would tend to say lag is less apparent on Move. Dont know how, but the on screen lag seems lower with Move to me. Maybe its just the added accuracy that makes it look more seemless, though.

Specifically for me Tumble but I have seen other games and there are reviews to back it up.

I have Tumble too, I didnt notice more lag than the average Wii game. About reviews to back it up, did you meant previews?  Most reviews of released games are actually praising the lack of lag. Anyway, my argument wasnt that theres no lag at all.

From Craig Harris (IGN.com)

"My only issue is the lag: there's definitely a millisecond delay between your hand and the on-screen representation with Move and Sports Champions."

"That's where the Wii controller excels: there doesn't feel like there's any delay in its one-to-one motion."

That's from the full game not a preview and exactly in line with my experiences.

Have other example? There certainly is a milisecond delay with Move, theres also that on Wii. Im sure I can easily find way more reviews praising the lack of apparent lag.

Well I tend to believe myself since I don't lie and believe those that has experiences mirroring my own, so I'd ask you to find this so called lag on the Wii and give examples, since with my experience I haven't seen this lag, there can be times where a motion doesn't register right, which people and reviews back that up, but lag... no.  Given a video camera you could do frame by frame of the Move lag much like the lag in controls for KZ2 when it launched.

My point was that theres at least the same amount of lag on Wii than on Move. Which mean almost no apparent lag, thats pretty hard to prove with videos one way or another.

Frame by frame proves otherwise lol

Where can I see that? lol