By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Any initial reports on PS3 MOVE sales?? anecdotal surveys/reports/incidence

It was sold out in walsall but they had a few in wolverhampton. (UK)

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

are we going to get Sport Champion sales number on VGC?

is VGC going to track all MOVE games??

http://www.geek.com/articles/games/sony-expects-playstation-move-sales-to-be-slow-but-momentum-to-make-it-the-winner-20100827/

Just reasurring anyone who will have a meltdown if Move doesn't sell a billion copies day one.  Sony Senior Vp's don't expect it to rocket out of the gate, but sell well over time, a reasonable approach. 

Guys keep the feedback coming! It sounds good so far!

Sony is advertising the hell out of Move.

Too bad they don't do that when their big games release.

I checked the texlon today. we only sold 5 starter packs, but some workers didn't restock it, and haven't done today either. we have 24 out in the warehouse at asda at the moment

Around the Network
sully1311 said:

I checked the texlon today. we only sold 5 starter packs, but some workers didn't restock it, and haven't done today either. we have 24 out in the warehouse at asda at the moment

thats quite low.. wots the average u sales u do for a big selling game, average selling game and a bomba game..

by big selling game i mean something of the level of Assassin creed or  like

average selling game is something like Heavy Rain 

and bomba game is something like ModNation Racer. 

just want to have some rough estimate.

Was in Amsterdam and Eindhoven (the Netherlands) in the Media Markt.. Lot's of stock.. decent exposure but nobody seem to be interested in it.. More people where looking at a Halo Reach Bundle with 50 euro discount from Microsoft.. Instore advertesing is so so.. there is a big TV but strangly the DS3 are attached to it instead of Move controllers..

It seems that Sony isn't advertsing Move in the Netherlands.. our number 1 game magazine Power Unlimited came out yesterday and there isn't 1 single Move ad which is really strange.. haven't seen ads for it on TV, have seen some Reach ads but I don't watch that much TV..  I'll ask around within the dutch ad agency's but I'm expecting they are saving money and ain't gonna push it till November December with 5th December as one of the biggest children holiday days in the Netherlands..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I didn't even know it was released already. Where is the advertising?

They've been advertising quite a bit on PSN leading up to launch. And while it's good that they're targetting current customers, they probably should be buying more ad time for their current Kevin Butler Move*s in with the family series of ads. Maybe arranging more public demonstrations/events.

But the thing is SCE is not taking the marketing blitz approach to Move as the success or failure of Move will not be gauged by the launch, but in the longevity and future software support.

It's going to be somewhat hard to guage where the sales are going since not everyone is buying the Move Starter pack. Some only need a Move controller. Some are buying the Move/320GB bundle.

Ultimately its success can only be gauged by how Move exclusive games sell although even that data would be skewed by the fact that most of the biggest Move titles offer the controls as an optional control scheme. This is arguably the best of both worlds if the motion based controls turn out to be poorly designed or implemented for a particular game (like Lair).

I bought the 320Gb Move bundle today to replace my broken 40Gb model from Gamestation in Manchester (UK). Both Game and Gamestation had staff members giving live demonstrations in store which were attracting quite a lot of attention, although I didn't actually see anyone go and buy anything whilst I was there!