By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Any initial reports on PS3 MOVE sales?? anecdotal surveys/reports/incidence

Grimes said:
Spedfrom said:

Sony representatives have said recently that they expect WORD OF MOUTH to carry Move into people's homes. They've also stated this week that they won't be outspending Microsoft in marketing spending.

Many journalists have also reported that Move feels like a great controller when you try it for yourself. Add 1 plus 1 and you can understand why the marketing hype isn't a 10 eyed dragon spewing fire all around him.

I've seen Sony buy some very expensive NFL advertising spots, so it's quite a bit more than word of mouth. They are the most expensive  commercials you can buy. I'm going to call BS on not outspending MS when they are buying NFL ads on an ongoing basis.

You did see where M$ said they were spending hundred of millions of dollars on Kinect marketing.  There is no way Sony will even approach this, no matter how many ads you see during NFL games.  So I call BS on your BS.

Around the Network

I was at walmart and they seem to be sold out of the move bundle.

How long until we get some real numberssss? I just wanna know, so curious....

NYANKS said:

Next NPD

the stores in my area are sold out

Around the Network
NYANKS said:

about 5/6 days!!!

All new products need a strong lift off..Sony is taking a risky path..Theres almost no hype for Move IMO.

Amazon's back log on Move controllers has been pushed back to the 21st currently, which means they're definitely selling.

I suspect many of these controllers are now going to current PS3 owners who are now buying extra controllers after playing Sports Champions or whatever demos they downloaded from PSN.

While picking up some sundries at Target, I saw they had a small display in front of the PS3 game section for Move peripherals and games. They were out of controllers, had a couple of the starter packs left, no hardware bundles and a bunch of navi-cons.

Not much hype really, but it's looking like there will be consistent sales of peripherals as the games continue to roll out.

I was at EB-Games (Gamestop) today because my friend was in the mall and he called me about Uncharted 2 and I so happened to be in the same mall so I went down and met him there. I had to really look to find Move anywhere, it was on the shelf with hardly any promotion at all. It was just a couple of dummy boxes and that was all.

Anyway as an aside I got him to buy the used copy of Uncharted 2 for $48 rather than the new one for $59 because it was cheaper and he had a longer period to return the game if he didn't like it or finished it quickly.

Tease.

Squilliam said:

I was at EB-Games (Gamestop) today because my friend was in the mall and he called me about Uncharted 2 and I so happened to be in the same mall so I went down and met him there. I had to really look to find Move anywhere, it was on the shelf with hardly any promotion at all. It was just a couple of dummy boxes and that was all.

Anyway as an aside I got him to buy the used copy of Uncharted 2 for $48 rather than the new one for $59 because it was cheaper and he had a longer period to return the game if he didn't like it or finished it quickly.

*raised eyebrow* Ah, well played sir.  About 20 less moniez going to Sony.  Well done.  lol just kiddin, I'm surprised U2 still cost 48, wtf.