By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft: 3 millions for Kinect this holiday

Honestly dont find this all that surprising.  With the 360 Kinect Bundle and the Kinect standalone sales I think this is to be expected.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Around the Network

I think 3 million is a very reasonable goal. I mean 10 weeks from launch, americas pre-orders are 100k, and most Wii like causla games (say Wii Fit), don't get many pre-orders.  The peripheral has 2 month to do it, and I think week 1 sales will be in surplus of 1 million. Then are are also $300 kinect/Arcade bundles.

This looks very possible to me.

P.S. What do you mean Greenburg is very bullish on Kinect?

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

BenVTrigger said:

After the announcements of awesome core stuff like Steel Battalion and Panzer Dragoon this doesn't seem far fetched at all.  

I know I was gonna wait till probably next year to get one but now I'm for sure getting one at launch.

Panzer Dragoon and Steel Battalion were announced for Kinect? WHEN!?!?!?!? Now I want one.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

welshbloke said:
AnveL said:

trust me kinect is a cheating gaming device

just perform some action will get what the command needed in the game

not necessary to do so much movement

it will work just like Wii remote not so fun after all

it just a trick to cheat people that is not aware of technology

sad for anybody who don't really know it who get mentally cheated

Fanboy ricochet!

Do you own a Wii? I doubt it. Wii is fun as hell! The controls are awesome for almost every game, it just needs some non-Nintendo blockbusters

I'm familar with Kinect technology, I think Dance Central is a cool game for casual gamers, same with Kinect Adventures. Now that I heard Panzer Dragoon is comming out to kinect, I may get one.

I hope some of these future kinect titles don't require me to buy a kinect because I would still rather play Forza Motorsport 4 and Panzer Dragoon with a controller. I think Kinect is best for Dance, action, or miscellaneous titles.

As sceptic as I am about Kinect, I would easily expect even more sales, considering the ridiculous amounts of money they spend on marketing. "Hundreds of millions of dollars" - Even if "hundreds" is only 200, that would be 66 dollars spent on marketing for every single one who buys Kinect in the holiday season!

Around the Network

I don't think it will (2 million is more likely IMO), but they need it to be to counteract the massive marketing push and their otherwise lackluster line-up for Christmas (Discounting Reach, there's only Black OPS and New vegas which could be big IMO)

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

welshbloke said:

That will be my Kinect bundle I have on pre order. The Kinect bundle with the 250GB 360 is now only £279 on which is a saving of £50 over buying the console and kinect system seperately.

So I expect to form a small hardware bump all by myself in November.

WHAT?!

KINECT IS GETTING A PANZER DRAGOON?!?!?!?!?!

I LOVE ICELAND!

KungKras said:
welshbloke said:

That will be my Kinect bundle I have on pre order. The Kinect bundle with the 250GB 360 is now only £279 on which is a saving of £50 over buying the console and kinect system seperately.

So I expect to form a small hardware bump all by myself in November.

WHAT?!

KINECT IS GETTING A PANZER DRAGOON?!?!?!?!?!

Yup sure is, here's the thread

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=116305&page=1&str=430518758#

It sounds FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!

Who cares how much it sells during a holiday period where people buy lots of things, after that it's going to have less than 10% of the consistency of the Wii. Even Move will do much better in the long run. All this is just My Opinion.

and what makes them so confidence...... xDDD