By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft: 3 millions for Kinect this holiday

Why are they openly projecting such crazy numbers? This will backfire so hard if Kinect only has moderate sales.

Even half of that, 1.5 million would be a big success and much higher sales than what I expect.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:

I don't think it will (2 million is more likely IMO), but they need it to be to counteract the massive marketing push and their otherwise lackluster line-up for Christmas (Discounting Reach, there's only Black OPS and New vegas which could be big IMO)

It's not fair to discount Reach. As for 360's christmas lineup, there is also Fable 3 (yea.... forgot about that one didn't cha?), Assassin's Creed (Which will still sell well due to name), Medal of Honor, Star Wars: TFU 2, Dead Rising 2, Rock Band 3, Guitar Hero, FIFA 2011, and Castlevania.

Looks like an amzing fall line-up IMO.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

I doubt it.  But I bet they will ship 3 million.

And why not spend a little less in marketing and cut the price to $100?

whatever said:

I doubt it.  But I bet they will ship 3 million.

And why not spend a little less in marketing and cut the price to $100?

That's actually a pretty good cop out.  Even if they don't sell 3 mil, they did "sell" 3 mil.  To stores that is.

no good games, unless you count the dancing game or some other one where you are the only character, and there are no environmental hazards, basically the only good games are yoga and dancin or track n field

Around the Network

MS ususally says some off th wall things, but this seems pretty reasonable. 360 sells alright already

Depends what's in the pipeline. I can see titles like Zumba catching a few impulse eyes. I'd like to see tai-chi or something.

Counting bundles maybe. Not many people will buy them standalone IMO.

Michael-5 said:
Conegamer said:

I don't think it will (2 million is more likely IMO), but they need it to be to counteract the massive marketing push and their otherwise lackluster line-up for Christmas (Discounting Reach, there's only Black OPS and New vegas which could be big IMO)

It's not fair to discount Reach. As for 360's christmas lineup, there is also Fable 3 (yea.... forgot about that one didn't cha?), Assassin's Creed (Which will still sell well due to name), Medal of Honor, Star Wars: TFU 2, Dead Rising 2, Rock Band 3, Guitar Hero, FIFA 2011, and Castlevania.

Looks like an amzing fall line-up IMO.

Yes...i forgot about Fable :(

None of the others though (bar Castlevania) are outside the normal "once-a-year" release cycle really.

Anyway, I don't think those games will sell much hardware, and I doubt even more they'll sell Kinect :)

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

The trick to meeting and beating expectations is to have low expectations to start with. I surmise this is what Microsoft is saying so that if Kinect sells in the 4 to 6 million range this holiday, then they will act surprised. Now if they do not meet expectations, then...You get the picture.