By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New PS Move Ad Trash Talks The Wii

I expect nothing less from Sony

Around the Network
leo-j said:
novasonic said:

I still don't understand this. It can't do anything WMplus can't do. So hoooow is it going to be better? But I guess Nintendo fans thought the Wiimotes would be perfect too. After it's released to the public, the problems will start showing themselves. Same with Kinect. Low budget games that don't impliment the motion controls very well will pop up everywhere for PS3 and 360 owners. Light sources will cause interfirence. And the games that do provide true 1:1 movements won't be very popular because people will discover very quickly that they don't want to be up and moving around every time they play games. Nintendo has learned this, which is why a lot of games don't even use WMplus. Motion controled gaming doesn't need to be anything more than an IR pointer and a wrist flick. I personally prefer the wrist flick. It's quick and easy, and I don't look like an idiot doing it. That being said, I could be eating my words in a couple weeks here, but I doubt it.

it does more than WM .. and has the PS EYE for full body tracking.. also MOVE tracks into the Z axis.. wii does not

Um actually yes, Wiimote can track depth

iWarMachine said:

LOL @Nintendo fans! guys, it's a fact that a controller released 4 years later will be BETTER than yours! why is this so difficult to understand? is not like the Wii will stop being successful....check out some Move reviews and you'll see EVERYONE is saying that is head and shoulders above the WiiMote W/Motion Plus...

And what about the Move is better IYO?

Sony fans are hilarious. Nintendo uses motion = gay, kiddie, gimmick.

Sony uses motion  = revolutionary!

mM
Metallicube said:
leo-j said:
novasonic said:

I still don't understand this. It can't do anything WMplus can't do. So hoooow is it going to be better? But I guess Nintendo fans thought the Wiimotes would be perfect too. After it's released to the public, the problems will start showing themselves. Same with Kinect. Low budget games that don't impliment the motion controls very well will pop up everywhere for PS3 and 360 owners. Light sources will cause interfirence. And the games that do provide true 1:1 movements won't be very popular because people will discover very quickly that they don't want to be up and moving around every time they play games. Nintendo has learned this, which is why a lot of games don't even use WMplus. Motion controled gaming doesn't need to be anything more than an IR pointer and a wrist flick. I personally prefer the wrist flick. It's quick and easy, and I don't look like an idiot doing it. That being said, I could be eating my words in a couple weeks here, but I doubt it.

it does more than WM .. and has the PS EYE for full body tracking.. also MOVE tracks into the Z axis.. wii does not

What game shows that?

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network
BMaker11 said:

"Stop flicking your wrists and hoping for the best"...is true though, in terms of the differences between the Wiimote and Move.

I bet if I played Wii Sports online (i know that doesn't exist) and played boxing, I'd lose at least 50% of my matches to people just flailing about and doing "waggle"

I hit "pro" level score without losing a single match by jooking the remote and nunchuck back and forth constantly to automatically dodge and set up a power counter punch. The kids who were watching thought it looked funny ('monkey style"), since it looks absolutely nothing like real boxing (I actually train at a boxing/muay thai center), but you can't lose.

When I originally played Wii boxing for the first time in 2007, I tried to box for real and lost handily when the competition reached a certain level since the game doesn't reflect the player's actual punching speed or precision among many things. Got a good work out by throwing real punches, but that's not how you play Wii Boxing to win.

Tilt both controllers back and forth, wait for the automatic dodge animation to start when your opponent throws a punch and the screen slows down and then tip either controller forward and you score a counter punch which are the most effective punches in the game.

leo-j said:

This is an video made with the agenda of proving one controller is 'better' than the other.   It is a horrible comparison.

The person playing this clearly hasn't played WSR table tennis or has simply chosen to ignore the facts .  The person makes no attempt to actually even produce or replicate the shots he performs in the PS version of the game, all of which are accessible in WSR (topspin, underspin, sidespin direction etc.)

I have no doubt that the Move controller is better than the Wii Mote with Wii motion plus, it is newer technology but this video doesn't prove it. 

Severance said:
Metallicube said:
leo-j said:
novasonic said:

What game shows that?

I dont know about what specific game, but it can do it

Metallicube said:
iWarMachine said:

LOL @Nintendo fans! guys, it's a fact that a controller released 4 years later will be BETTER than yours! why is this so difficult to understand? is not like the Wii will stop being successful....check out some Move reviews and you'll see EVERYONE is saying that is head and shoulders above the WiiMote W/Motion Plus...

And what about the Move is better IYO?

Sony fans are hilarious. Nintendo uses motion = gay, kiddie, gimmick.

Sony uses motion  = revolutionary!

IMO and 99% of the Gaming Journalism...and what about the WiiMote is better IYO?

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

hsrob said:
leo-j said:

This is an video made with the agenda of proving one controller is 'better' than the other.   It is a horrible comparison.

The person playing this clearly hasn't played WSR table tennis or has simply chosen to ignore the facts .  The person makes no attempt to actually even produce or replicate the shots he performs in the PS version of the game, all of which are accessible in WSR (topspin, underspin, sidespin direction etc.)

I have no doubt that the Move controller is better than the Wii Mote with Wii motion plus, it is newer technology but this video doesn't prove it. 

the video is showing how it doesn't track depth

mM