By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New PS Move Ad Trash Talks The Wii

M.U.G.E.N said:
SamuelRSmith said:

This is SCEE, so Americans will get the "dubious" comments from Kevin Butler...

Thing is, they're supposed to be differentiating the product, and make it look superior in some way. The whole Wii-waggle thing has become such a cliché that even non-gamers have picked up on it, this is a flaw in the Wii-image, and it's something that any smart marketing company would pick up on when advertising a competitor.

"Not very nice"?? It's business, and it's good business. When I see an ad for detergent that says "unlike Persil, this doesn't leave stains", I don't think "poor Persil", I think "fuck Persil, and fuck stains, I'm gonna go for this other product."

0_0 wow that's like the best answer to a thread I have seen all week (maybe month) tbh, well said there Samuel, props!

Haha, perhaps I should post in gaming threads more often...

Around the Network
adsl said:
BHR-3 said:

how do you play when charging ur wiimote?

No, I replace the batteries... I think now you got what I was trying to say =)

Dual Shock and Sixaxis last for over 25 hours and take like an hour to charge. I'm sure the PSMove will do atleast 20 before it needs to charge. That good enough for you?

adsl said:

I have been playing sword fighting, boxing, tennis and archery in the same way they as they are doing in this add and in the gameplay for at least one year. Sony is releasing only rehashes  of Wii games but with anti-aliasing and sometime blood.

Moreover I have some technical complains about Move (please correct me if I'm wrong):

1) No motion sensor in its "nunchuk" (decreases immersion)

2) No 4 players playing any game like FPS in a split screen mode. (remember local multi-player in one of the keys of the Wii success)

3) No speaker in the controls  (decreases even more immersion)

4) No memory internal memory to carry my avatar in the control

5) No removable batteries (I will have to change the control every time the battery's energy goes down?)

Until Sony release something completely revolutionary and different from anything else like the Wii Remote/ Wii sports was in the past I'm not going to support Move and the PS3.

1) Camera tracks body. Not as precise but as shown in Eyepet it's pretty good enough.

3) Speaker.... for what? It's in your hands... Why does the Wii have a speaker there? Anyway, PS3 supports 7.1. Or just get a gaming headset. How's that?

4) Save files that aren't restricted can be backed up and transfered to another PS3 on any usb flash drive. If you have an older ps3 with the ports or adapter for the following they can be used to:
SD card
Memory Stick
Compact flash
External HDD

Then there's stuff that connect through USB and can store stuff like iPods, Zunes, Cameras, etc. Can the Wii support all of these?

IMU1808 said:
adsl said:
BHR-3 said:

Dual Shock and Sixaxis last for over 25 hours and take like an hour to charge. I'm sure the PSMove will do atleast 20 before it needs to charge. That good enough for you?

Remember the "ball" in the move controller.

MY ZELDA COLLECTION
MasterZack said:
IMU1808 said:
adsl said:
BHR-3 said:

Which is why I said 20. DS3 and Sixaxis are stated as 30hour battery life. Mines go for around 28. When I'm playing a lot of heavy rumble games I get around 25. Really don't think that light will bring it down to less than 20. it's been 4 years since the PS3 released, if anything they improved battery life especially considering they have to support rumble, sixaxis and a glowing ball now. My point still stands and if 18-21 hours isn't enough, takes breaks in between sessions and during those breaks leave your controller charging.

Around the Network

Eh, it's a common "loser" add mentality.  Look at Sega.  It's great at carving out your niche at the expense of the whole, which you probably weren't going to get anyway.

It's just good marketing.  It's what makes the Butler add's so good.   They've stopped with the Illusion of "front runner" adds they used to have.

MasterZack said:
IMU1808 said:
adsl said:
BHR-3 said:

I'm guessing the light in the ball is an LED which will reduce the battery life by very little.

Pipedream24 said:
MasterZack said:
IMU1808 said:
adsl said:
BHR-3 said:

I'm guessing the light in the ball is an LED which will reduce the battery life by very little.

I'm guessing 3. (RGB)

Even stating that battery life drops to 20 hours from 30 feels like low balling it but I'm just being conservative.

IMU1808 said:
Pipedream24 said:
MasterZack said:
IMU1808 said:
adsl said:
BHR-3 said:

I'm guessing 3. (RGB)

Even stating that battery life drops to 20 hours from 30 feels like low balling it but I'm just being conservative.

It could be three, but there are single bulb LED's that color shift. I don't think using a seperate bulb for each color would produce a uniform color in the globe. 

Edit:  I guess we'll find out when someone rips one apart.  Either way, they will consume very little power.

"Stop flicking your wrists and hoping for the best"...is true though, in terms of the differences between the Wiimote and Move.

I bet if I played Wii Sports online (i know that doesn't exist) and played boxing, I'd lose at least 50% of my matches to people just flailing about and doing "waggle"