By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New PS Move Ad Trash Talks The Wii

leo-j said:
hsrob said:
leo-j said:

This is an video made with the agenda of proving one controller is 'better' than the other.   It is a horrible comparison.

The person playing this clearly hasn't played WSR table tennis or has simply chosen to ignore the facts .  The person makes no attempt to actually even produce or replicate the shots he performs in the PS version of the game, all of which are accessible in WSR (topspin, underspin, sidespin direction etc.)

I have no doubt that the Move controller is better than the Wii Mote with Wii motion plus, it is newer technology but this video doesn't prove it. 

the video is showing how it doesn't track depth

It could also be showing that the game isn't coded to animate the hands of the character spinning the disc around on the spot so it tries to interpret that information the best way it can.

Some of the issues we see in Wii games are certainly because of hardware limitations (of the controller), but many of them are due to issues with software design and the inherent difficulty and still relative inexperience that developers have in implementing motion control.

1:1 sounds great in theory but I think we are going to find pretty soon, and perhaps some developers have realised already, that it isn't necessarily going be the holy grail of motion control.

Around the Network

Hm, wasn't so bad - I think the ad is good. Its "trash talk" is just a small comment criticizing the competition like any standard commercial, as opposed to being annoying and obnoxious like the Kevin Butler ones.

As for the Move vs Wiimote, forget it. The Move can obviously track more due to the camera, but remember, we only buy the hardware for the games, so that's where the comparisons should be.

Cool ad...

It shows a whole bunch of experiences that already exit on the Wii, mostly with WM but half of them that dont even need that.

Sony can insult the Wii as much as they want, it aint gonna change anything though

Companies do this....it's just what they do....It's not a fault of Sony or anyone, it's just smart marketing...

Just waiting for that PS Vita to come out so I can play some full featured games on the go with that beautiful screen and control scheme...

leo-j said:

Lol at the end hahaha. Cool video, still would have been good to see how the guy playing with the move used his hands.

It does prove though that Wii's 1:1 is not really true.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
Maynard_Tool said:
Severance said:
Metallicube said:
leo-j said:
novasonic said:

I still don't understand this. It can't do anything WMplus can't do. So hoooow is it going to be better? But I guess Nintendo fans thought the Wiimotes would be perfect too. After it's released to the public, the problems will start showing themselves. Same with Kinect. Low budget games that don't impliment the motion controls very well will pop up everywhere for PS3 and 360 owners. Light sources will cause interfirence. And the games that do provide true 1:1 movements won't be very popular because people will discover very quickly that they don't want to be up and moving around every time they play games. Nintendo has learned this, which is why a lot of games don't even use WMplus. Motion controled gaming doesn't need to be anything more than an IR pointer and a wrist flick. I personally prefer the wrist flick. It's quick and easy, and I don't look like an idiot doing it. That being said, I could be eating my words in a couple weeks here, but I doubt it.

it does more than WM .. and has the PS EYE for full body tracking.. also MOVE tracks into the Z axis.. wii does not

Um actually yes, Wiimote can track depth

What game shows that?

I dont know about what specific game, but it can do it

i need proof , because i don't it can do it, since there is no way it can track it.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Severance said:
Maynard_Tool said:
Severance said:
Metallicube said:
leo-j said:
novasonic said:

I still don't understand this. It can't do anything WMplus can't do. So hoooow is it going to be better? But I guess Nintendo fans thought the Wiimotes would be perfect too. After it's released to the public, the problems will start showing themselves. Same with Kinect. Low budget games that don't impliment the motion controls very well will pop up everywhere for PS3 and 360 owners. Light sources will cause interfirence. And the games that do provide true 1:1 movements won't be very popular because people will discover very quickly that they don't want to be up and moving around every time they play games. Nintendo has learned this, which is why a lot of games don't even use WMplus. Motion controled gaming doesn't need to be anything more than an IR pointer and a wrist flick. I personally prefer the wrist flick. It's quick and easy, and I don't look like an idiot doing it. That being said, I could be eating my words in a couple weeks here, but I doubt it.

it does more than WM .. and has the PS EYE for full body tracking.. also MOVE tracks into the Z axis.. wii does not

What game shows that?

I dont know about what specific game, but it can do it

i need proof , because i don't it can do it, since there is no way it can track it.

You act as if you can convince anyone one way or the other, Severence...There have been like 30 threads about this since e3's Move showings...it always ends in the exact same way

Just waiting for that PS Vita to come out so I can play some full featured games on the go with that beautiful screen and control scheme...

hsrob said:
leo-j said:

This is an video made with the agenda of proving one controller is 'better' than the other.   It is a horrible comparison.

The person playing this clearly hasn't played WSR table tennis or has simply chosen to ignore the facts .  The person makes no attempt to actually even produce or replicate the shots he performs in the PS version of the game, all of which are accessible in WSR (topspin, underspin, sidespin direction etc.)

I have no doubt that the Move controller is better than the Wii Mote with Wii motion plus, it is newer technology but this video doesn't prove it. 

lol actually it is showing the truth here they are showing how wm fails at true 1:1 and showing how move does it, the only thing i see here is people in denial either post proof that wm does 3d tracking like move or please just accept that move is better like all the reviews say

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Severance said:
Metallicube said:
leo-j said:
novasonic said:

What game shows that?

Wii Play - the pool game

scottie said:
Severance said:
Metallicube said:
leo-j said:
novasonic said:

What game shows that?

Wii Play - the pool game

thats using the accelometers and Gyros not the Z axis , thats why it asks you to hold the button when you pull it , and release it when you push it. so it knows that you are making different movements.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.