By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New PS Move Ad Trash Talks The Wii

jneul said:
hsrob said:
leo-j said:

This is an video made with the agenda of proving one controller is 'better' than the other.   It is a horrible comparison.

The person playing this clearly hasn't played WSR table tennis or has simply chosen to ignore the facts .  The person makes no attempt to actually even produce or replicate the shots he performs in the PS version of the game, all of which are accessible in WSR (topspin, underspin, sidespin direction etc.)

I have no doubt that the Move controller is better than the Wii Mote with Wii motion plus, it is newer technology but this video doesn't prove it. 

lol actually it is showing the truth here they are showing how wm fails at true 1:1 and showing how move does it, the only thing i see here is people in denial either post proof that wm does 3d tracking like move or please just accept that move is better like all the reviews say

Don't worry. People already adapted the good old rhetorics of how HD gaming degrades experience compared to SD and how they don't need it :)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

I wonder how much money Sony misses out on because of their bullshit advertising.

I know I am turned off buying their products because of their constant ranting and raving about the competition.

Maybe if they just shut the fuck up and concentrated on their own thing they wouldn't be in last place this gen.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

leo-j said:

This is an interesting video and it does show some limitations of the motionplus, but he completely undid everything with his choice of mini-game on the Wii table tennis clip. Notice how he's never hitting the cans, which is how you get a high score in that particular game (for those who don't know because they've never played it, it's a return mini-game, you get one point for every successful return, but you get an extra three points for each hit of a can, so if you want a high score, aim for the cans...). If you want to show that you can successfully play it by 'waggling' then you kind of need a video of him doing that and hitting each can every time. Which you can do when you actually attempt to play the game properly and make use of the motionplus functions to get the appropriate spin and direction on each shot...

VGChartz

Severance said:
scottie said:
Severance said:
Metallicube said:
leo-j said:
novasonic said:

I still don't understand this. It can't do anything WMplus can't do. So hoooow is it going to be better? But I guess Nintendo fans thought the Wiimotes would be perfect too. After it's released to the public, the problems will start showing themselves. Same with Kinect. Low budget games that don't impliment the motion controls very well will pop up everywhere for PS3 and 360 owners. Light sources will cause interfirence. And the games that do provide true 1:1 movements won't be very popular because people will discover very quickly that they don't want to be up and moving around every time they play games. Nintendo has learned this, which is why a lot of games don't even use WMplus. Motion controled gaming doesn't need to be anything more than an IR pointer and a wrist flick. I personally prefer the wrist flick. It's quick and easy, and I don't look like an idiot doing it. That being said, I could be eating my words in a couple weeks here, but I doubt it.

it does more than WM .. and has the PS EYE for full body tracking.. also MOVE tracks into the Z axis.. wii does not

Um actually yes, Wiimote can track depth

What game shows that?

Wii Play - the pool game

thats using the accelometers and Gyros not the Z axis , thats why it asks you to hold the button when you pull it , and release it when you push it. so it knows that you are making different movements. 

The z axis, as defined by Sony and Nintendo documents, is merely the distance of the controller from the tv.

Why does it matter whether it tracks you in the z axis using the IR sensor or the accelerometers?

Regardless, it can be done very easily with the IR sensor - you know the length of the sensor bar, and the angle made by each end of the sensor bar with the remote, which is all you need to determine distance. So it is possible to do it using the Sensor bar as well.

Now, I suspect your next response will be - if it is possible, give examples of it.

To which I shall reply, I cannot. I doubt they exist because there are very few examples of where large movements in the z axis are suitable from a gameplay perspective, and for small movements, the tech used in Wii Play is superior anyway

scottie said:
Severance said:
scottie said:

Wii Play - the pool game

thats using the accelometers and Gyros not the Z axis , thats why it asks you to hold the button when you pull it , and release it when you push it. so it knows that you are making different movements. 

The z axis, as defined by Sony and Nintendo documents, is merely the distance of the controller from the tv.

Why does it matter whether it tracks you in the z axis using the IR sensor or the accelerometers?

Regardless, it can be done very easily with the IR sensor - you know the length of the sensor bar, and the angle made by each end of the sensor bar with the remote, which is all you need to determine distance. So it is possible to do it using the Sensor bar as well.

Now, I suspect your next response will be - if it is possible, give examples of it.

To which I shall reply, I cannot. I doubt they exist because there are very few examples of where large movements in the z axis are suitable from a gameplay perspective, and for small movements, the tech used in Wii Play is superior anyway

i was just clearing things up to the guy who said the wiimote can track the Z axis.

and about the sensors able to track the distance.....not really the sensor bar doesn't track the distance, thats like saying that all normal controller consoles can track the gamer's distance from the console which it doesn't with the normal sensor.

the gyros and accelometers are the same tech used in the Sixaxis controller , the Z Axis is just a dimension , the right name for it would be 3D tracking, which is when the controller able to track X , Y and Z Axis so not only does it track movement for up and down left and right it also tracks forward and backward

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network

I don't even know why people are discussing here if Move or Wii Motion Plus is the more accurate system.

It's the games that matter and WSR alone sold 143.000 copies last week in its 63rd week on the market and 17.56 million copies overall worldwide so far.

We will see if any of Sony's Move games comes even remotely close to the success of Nintendo's Wii series games.

[BTW: I'm not really interested in any Wii series or Move enabled mini games collections]

Severance said:
Metallicube said:

What game shows that?

Off the top of my head, PangYa! Golf with Style uses it to zoom in and out on the overhead map. It's quite a natural feeling to point at a part of the fairway and gradually magnify the bit you want.

House of the Dead: Overkill also uses the Z-axis in the unlockables section to zoom in and out on 3D models.

In both cases I partly hid the sensor bar (to remove a point of triangulation, and to confirm that it's not the accellerometers doing it), and the effect broke. I also noticed that there seemed to be "hard limits" where pushing or pulling the Wiimote away would no longer cause the effect, as if the end of the game's implied "zoom range" had been reached.

I haven't noticed any other games using the feature in any meaningful way, and that's a cryin' shame.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

okr said:

I don't even know why people are discussing here if Move or Wii Motion Plus is the more accurate system.

It's the games that matter and WSR alone sold 143.000 copies last week in its 63rd week on the market and 17.56 million copies overall worldwide so far.

We will see if any of Sony's Move games comes even remotely close to the success of Nintendo's Wii series games.

[BTW: I'm not really interested in any Wii series or Move enabled mini games collections]

And probably around 140k of those copies were bundled with console ;)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Gnac said:
Severance said:
Metallicube said:

What game shows that?

Off the top of my head, PangYa! Golf with Style uses it to zoom in and out on the overhead map. It's quite a natural feeling to point at a part of the fairway and gradually magnify the bit you want.

House of the Dead: Overkill also uses the Z-axis in the unlockables section to zoom in and out on 3D models.

In both cases I partly hid the sensor bar (to remove a point of triangulation, and to confirm that it's not the accellerometers doing it), and the effect broke. I also noticed that there seemed to be "hard limits" where pushing or pulling the Wiimote away would no longer cause the effect, as if the end of the game's implied "zoom range" had been reached.

I haven't noticed any other games using the feature in any meaningful way, and that's a cryin' shame.

i explained those in the above post, i'd add another example of those in the Trauma Team game that game uses it a lot in the endoscope sections, which reminds me.... i need to play that game!

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Seriously? That's supposed to be trash-talking? They're just advertising the differences compared to the competition - that's what you need to do with products that similar in functionality.

@Nintendo fans: Will you comment in the same fashion when Nintendo starts advertising the 3DS's glassless 3D? I mean, that's clearly trash-talking Sony. How dare they?! Nintendo and their dirty tactics!