By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PSOne console sold 130 million!

wfz said:

Do we know for certain whether this is sell-through or not? That would mean VGC is extremely off on its numbers... which would be strange.

Even if it's shipped the console has been off the market for so long it must be sell-through by now anyway. It probably comes from numerous launches in dozens of small territories in the twilight of it's life.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Around the Network

Something is completely off here.

Sony's financial documents state 102.49 million.  As per FCC laws and regulations, you can't lie about these figures.  130 must be a mistake on Dille's part.   Sounds like he added the total number of consoles plus the total number of PSOnes.

Total PS - 102.49.  Of the 102.49, 28.15 million are PSones.  Add them, you get 130 million. 

Peter Dille just goofed up really bad.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:

Sony's financial documents state 102.49 million.  As per FCC laws and regulations, you can't lie about these figures.  130 must be a mistake on Dille's part.   Sounds like he added the total number of consoles plus the total number of PSOnes.

Total PS - 102.49.  Of the 102.49, 28.15 million are PSones.  Add them, you get 130 million. 

Looking at how boldly close the PS sales are to 103m, I can't help but wonder if he accidentally typed "103" in the wrong order.

Was Sony's report written or spoken?

Viper1 said:

The problem with incorrect quotations is they rarely get fixed, because no one ever double checks very old data. Maybe someone should actually contact sony for clarity.  

Sony themselves have recently posted that they reached 100 million on 5.18.2004.

wfz said:
Viper1 said:

Looking at how boldly close the PS sales are to 103m, I can't help but wonder if he accidentally typed "103" in the wrong order.

The 102.49 figure is what has been liste din the quarterly and annual fianncial documents since 2005.

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/data/bizdataps_e.html

Around the Network
Viper1 said:
wfz said:
Viper1 said:

The 102.49 figure is what has been liste din the quarterly and annual fianncial documents since 2005.

I added this as well Sony themselves have recently posted that they reached 100 million on 5.18.2004.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=115962&page=1

Posted by the same Gilgamesh.

Viper1 said:
wfz said:
Viper1 said:

While I understand there are laws, wouldn't that be an IRS or SEC regulation instead of FCC? I'm not clear on the whole of their powers and jurisdictions, so there is likely something there that gives them that authority.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
Viper1 said:
wfz said:
Viper1 said:

While I understand there are laws, wouldn't that be an IRS or SEC regulation instead of FCC? I'm not clear on the whole of their powers and jurisdictions, so there is likely something there that gives them that authority.

Sorry, meant FEC. 

Wfz, that figure would also fit right in line with their reported production figures.  Further refuting 130 million.

The 30 million extra PS1s were purchased by Sony themselves as coasters for the annual Christmas Investor Parties.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
A Bad Clown said:

The 30 million extra PS1s were purchased by Sony themselves as coasters for the annual Christmas Investor Parties.

Correction 27 million extra PS1s!