By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PSOne console sold 130 million!

joeorc said:
Viper1 said:
joeorc said:

March 31

(PS one® only)

(4.19)

(12.70)

(11.26)

(28.15)

there is the A:

even your link provides it...in so from 2000 to 2007 the Mini PS1 sold 28.15 more units the small PS1 was still a playstation one. which is 130 million playstaion 1's sold to the consumer ..thus their chart is what they have sold through to the consumer. that answer's that.

You are reading the chart incorrectly.  102.49 is the cumulative total of all models.  28.15 is the total of just the PSone model.

does it freakin matter..the PS1 is still a playstation 1, it only played playstation one games.

no the slim ps1 was released in 2000, thus as of 2000 to 2007 the Slim ps1 sold 28.15 million unit's world wide.

Sony themselves stated that reached 100 million PS1 back in 2004. In fact it is part of the fact sheet they released recently. 

You know what, it doesn't really matter, because people are acting like this is fact, because of a statement by one of the VPs.  

Around the Network
Viper1 said:

Which is what I just said.  28.15 million of the total 102.49 million are PSone models.

no it's 130 million world wide..they cannot lie about that it's sold through number...they are saying 102.49 was for the fat ps1 while 28.15 was for the slim ps1 together the PS1 sold through to the consumer a total of 130 million world wide.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

I'm in the media.  I speak with guys at Sony.  It's 102.49.    The 28.15 is only the PSone model.  I just told you that you are reading that chart wrong.   if you were suppsoed to add the total together, the first number would say (PS only).  But it doesn't because that's a cumulative figure.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

once again:

Mar 23, 2006

Sony entered the global gaming industry with the Japanese release of the original PlayStation in December of 1994. More than 11 years and two more consoles later, the electronics giant has pulled the plug on its first console, ceasing all production of PS units. Last September, Sony announced that the original PlayStation and its PSOne redesign had surpassed the 100 million units sold milestone.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6146549.html

I AM BOLO

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Viper1 said:

I'm in the media.  I speak with guys at Sony.  It's 102.49.    The 28.15 is only the PSone model.  I just told you that you are reading that chart wrong.   if you were suppsoed to add the total together, the first number would say (PS only).  But it doesn't because that's a cumulative figure.

It doesn't matter, this is already being treated as fact by people. You could argue all day, but I doubt some people would agree with you.

Around the Network
joeorc said:

once again:

Mar 23, 2006

Sony entered the global gaming industry with the Japanese release of the original PlayStation in December of 1994. More than 11 years and two more consoles later, the electronics giant has pulled the plug on its first console, ceasing all production of PS units. Last September, Sony announced that the original PlayStation and its PSOne redesign had surpassed the 100 million units sold milestone.

Do you read your own thing? "Last September, Sony announced that the original PlayStation and its PSOne redesign had surpassed the 100 million units sold milestone."

joeorc said:
Viper1 said:

Which is what I just said.  28.15 million of the total 102.49 million are PSone models.

no it's 130 million world wide..they cannot lie about that it's sold through number...they are saying 102.49 was for the fat ps1 while 28.15 was for the slim ps1 together the PS1 sold through to the consumer a total of 130 million world wide.

No, it is 103 million across all models with the slim accounting for roughly 28% of total sales.  The key word in that graph you are bandying about is ONLY.

joeorc said:

once again:

Mar 23, 2006

Tell me, what sounds more plausible?  They sold 2 million units from Sept 2005 to 2007 or that they sold 30 milion units in that time frame?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Acevil said:
joeorc said:

once again:

Mar 23, 2006

Do you read your own thing? "Last September, Sony announced that the original PlayStation and its PSOne redesign had surpassed the 100 million units sold milestone."

and did you read the date..so

Last September that would be sep 2005

so they still produced the PS1 slim until march 2006 that's 7 months if you notice they were shipping how many ps1's per quarter?

the PS1 and the PS1 slim passed 100 million combined upto 2005 so from the tale end of 2005 to 2007 the PS1 slim sold an added 27 million more PS1's.

I AM BOLO

ps:

Viper1 said:
joeorc said:

once again:

Mar 23, 2006

Tell me, what sounds more plausible?  They sold 2 million units from Sept 2005 to 2007 or that they sold 30 milion units in that time frame?

notice how many they were shipping of ps1' slims per Quarter?

I AM BOLO

ps: