mjk45 said:
Herbie95 said:

In the UK:

Phone line 

500KBPS download 

100KBPS upload

Unlimited download

For 15 GBP a month (24 USD)

We cannot get faster internet speed as we live in a remote location.

can't you get at least  a satellite connection

We use free view, can't afford and don't need Sky etc

I play PC and PS3. The best of both worlds.

Around the Network

cable my own modem, advertised as 16 down 3 up. get normally around 14.5 down 2.5 up, though all time speed record down is 22.5 and up is 3.25. seem to be seeing more time in the 18-20 down recently.no real cap though i hear if you go over 200gb a month you get a warning (which is strange as they see a back up web based service that is 200 gb)

no cable tv no other service 67.00 usd a month. 

i will note this service has changed greatly since i first got it from 03 to 04 it was 3-6 megs great connection then in 05-mid 06 the speed went to 8 but latency and dropped packets made it unusable after they "fixed the connection. then late 06 and on its been slowly getting faster, but without the crippling latency.

i need to move lived to long in the same place... last two years of college and 4 years since

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

binary solo said:

Loads of unlimited data plans out there, though some at pretty low speeds.

So it seems to me that in order of best to worst service for price it's:

Europe

South America/Middle East

North America/Asia

Aus/NZ

Africa (though that's only based on one sample from South Africa)

I say we all beat up on the Europeans!!

Pretty small sample size for Asia and Africa with vastly different countries.

I know both the Aus and NZ governments are working on getting ultrafast broadband around the country to improve internet speeds, but I doubt it will improve price, hopefully it will allow unlimited data plans (you can get unlimited data plans if you go for 56Kbs dial-up, but that ain't broadband). Aus, NZ and USA are looking at laying another transpacific telecommunications cable which should also help with international communications speed and quality. But all that comes at a cost to the user.

You should check out TPG.  I'm on ADSL2 (24mbps), 500 gig a month, with shaping to 1mbps when you go over your limit.  All for the relatively reasonable price of $60.  

Herbie95 said:
mjk45 said:
Herbie95 said:

In the UK:

Phone line 

500KBPS download 

100KBPS upload

Unlimited download

I'm not talking about tv but satelite delivered broadband a lot of remote locations in australia use satellite delivered broadband  with speeds equivelant to adsl and a government subsidy

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

mjk45 said:
Herbie95 said:
mjk45 said:
Herbie95 said:

In the UK:

Phone line 

500KBPS download 

100KBPS upload

Unlimited download

I'm not talking about tv but satelite delivered broadband a lot of remote locations in australia use satellite delivered broadband  with speeds equivelant to adsl and a government subsidy

If you want that in your area, you need about 15 people to sign up to it within a certain radius ... I read something like that anyway, could be completely wrong!

Around the Network

Dominican Republic: [that thing next to Haiti]

1.5 Mbit download / 0.2 Mbit upload for around USD$70

Stupid third world country.

Seece said:
mjk45 said:
Herbie95 said:
mjk45 said:
Herbie95 said:

In the UK:

Phone line 

500KBPS download 

100KBPS upload

Unlimited download

If you want that in your area, you need about 15 people to sign up to it within a certain radius ... I read something like that anyway, could be completely wrong!

interesting here in Australia  certain telco's advertise satellite delivered broadband deals quite aggressively

and the marketing seems to be directed at any one with substandard access regardless of remoteness ,then again that might have something to do with the different geographical spread between Australia and the UK , PS  bring on the ashes.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

15 mbs download speed

cable tv with about 150 channels.

price- 75 USD

Here in Colombia we have:

2000K unlimited speed

Unlimited fixed-local line phone

TV with 100 channels

They charge you U$45 : (

You may find a mirror trying to find the other side of the world

Australia: $50 a month for 180GB ADSL2 which realistically I only get between 100kb/s - 250kb/s although a friend of mine living nearby gets up to 650kb/s...

Australia is currently getting fiber optic cable installed though so I'm looking forward to that!