By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Uncharted 1 vs The best on the 360, UNC1 still ahead?

Legend11 said:

It's getting kinda ridiculous with people claiming that Uncharted 1 looks better than any Xbox 360 game.  The original poster used a cutscene to justify his claim, well here's footage of Gears of War 2 with cutscenes and actual gameplay.

Go to the 7 minute mark and watch it until the end and then come back and try to tell us that no 360 game looks better than Uncharted 1.  Also since this game is not on PC we won't have to worry about people claiming it's the PC version.

I stand by my statement.. that cutscene you showed is not impressive.. I posted one that looks far better in every single way graphicly..  Eh I'm not comparing art style here..

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:
Legend11 said:

It's getting kinda ridiculous with people claiming that Uncharted 1 looks better than any Xbox 360 game.  The original poster used a cutscene to justify his claim, well here's footage of Gears of War 2 with cutscenes and actual gameplay.

Go to the 7 minute mark and watch it until the end and then come back and try to tell us that no 360 game looks better than Uncharted 1.  Also since this game is not on PC we won't have to worry about people claiming it's the PC version.

I stand by my statement.. that cutscene you showed is not impressive.. I posted one that looks far better in every single way graphicly..  Eh I'm not comparing art style here..

You're kidding right?  Your cutscene almost looks last gen compared to what's going on in parts of Gears of War 2.  I don't mean to bash Uncharted 1 because I'm sure it's a good game but it's very overrated as far as graphics go if people are trying to say it looks better than all 360 games.

d21lewis said:
leo-j said:

yea d2lewis you caught me ...

btw I disagree... none of those games look anywhere near Uncharted 1

I mean look at the video I posted... it look sbetter than anything posted in this thread so far.. including GEARS 3 and ME2..

Not even close?  *head explodes!* Well TWO can play at this game!  That cut scene didn't impress me at all.  It looks like N64 graphics.  Wave Race had better water.  Now, YOU convince ME!

That video was pre-recorded.  If you doubt me, play as a different skin.  It'll change to normal Drake when the cutscene plays and return to your skin when the cutscene ends.

-I'm still at this?  I won't quit until Leo-J says, "d21lewis, you're right and you have obviously had sex with several women."

Ok I will convince you

Uncharted 1 is exclusive to plsatyon 3?

ok nvm

I didn't mean the "NOT EVEN CLOSE" statement, but Uncharted 1 does look better, and I haven't seen anything that proves otherwise

mM
Legend11 said:
leo-j said:
Legend11 said:

You're kidding right?  Your cutscene almost looks last gen compared to what's going on in parts of Gears of War 2.  I don't mean to bash Uncharted 1 because I'm sure it's a good game but it's very overrated as far as graphics go if people are trying to say it looks better than some of the top 360 games.

i think we need to bring this thing back...

http://kineticninja.blogspot.com/2009/01/naughty-dog-realtime-graphics-and.html 

http://kineticninja.blogspot.com/2009/01/naughty-dog-realtime-graphics-and_31.html 

you can't forget, that Gears is running in a 2008 version of the Unreal Engine 3, just like Mass Effect 2...when you play both games, like i did, there's no doubt that Uncharted: Drake's Fortune could be one of the best looking game on xbox 360 even after 3 years...

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

All I can say is the fact that Uncharted 1 is still compareable to games years after it released is enough proof that UNCHARTED 1 is one heck of a graphically stunning game.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
Legend11 said:

If you're bored enough to dig through all of my posts and went all the way back to November 2008, you'd find where I said that Gears 2 actually looked worse than Gears 1--and then some guy gave a speach and then, "Holy Shit!".  The vast majority of that posted video was of the "pre-holy shit!".  Of course, Gears 2 doesn't impress now like it did then, either.  Games like Killzone 2 and Uncharted 2 have dulled its shine, a little.  But how can all of that orchestrated chaos NOT give you a hard-on?

I don't know what it is that you're seeing in that Uncharted cutscene, though.  I post pics and you say they "aren't even close".  Some guy posts a video and you say it's "not impressive".  Somewhere out there, there is a little boy who hasn't played Uncharted.  He's going to see this thread and buy Uncharted expecting to see the 2nd coming of 2pac.  He's going to be underwhelmed by the picture you've painted, and he's going to kill himself.  Do you want this on your head, Leo-J?  This thread has gone far enough!  Stop it before it's too late!

Well, I think it's safe to say that when Gears of War 3 drops this argument will be dead and buried. Holy shit!

leo-j said:
Legend11 said:

man your trolling is slipping, it's getting a bit obvious lol...

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

iWarMachine said:
Legend11 said:
leo-j said:
Legend11 said:

You're kidding right?  Your cutscene almost looks last gen compared to what's going on in parts of Gears of War 2.  I don't mean to bash Uncharted 1 because I'm sure it's a good game but it's very overrated as far as graphics go if people are trying to say it looks better than some of the top 360 games.

i think we need to bring this thing back...

http://kineticninja.blogspot.com/2009/01/naughty-dog-realtime-graphics-and.html 

http://kineticninja.blogspot.com/2009/01/naughty-dog-realtime-graphics-and_31.html 

you can't forget, that Gears is running in a 2008 version of the Unreal Engine 3, just like Mass Effect 2...when you play both games, like i did, there's no doubt that Uncharted: Drake's Fortune could be one of the best looking game on xbox 360 even after 3 years...

Umm scroll to the bottom of http://kineticninja.blogspot.com/2009/01/naughty-dog-realtime-graphics-and_31.html and read the third and second last posts.

Seriously instead of the smoke and mirrors BS of those links why not simply look at the video I posted?  It's actual footage from the game where you can judge for yourself instead of someone trying to pull a fast one.

d21lewis said:
leo-j said:
Legend11 said:

If you're bored enough to dig through all of my posts and went all the way back to November 2008, you'd find where I said that Gears 2 actually looked worse than Gears 1--and then some guy gave a speach and then, "Holy Shit!".  The vast majority of that posted video was of the "pre-holy shit!".  Of course, Gears 2 doesn't impress now like it did then, either.  Games like Killzone 2 and Uncharted 2 have dulled its shine, a little.  But how can all of that orchestrated chaos NOT give you a hard-on?

I don't know what it is that you're seeing in that Uncharted cutscene, though.  I post pics and you say they "aren't even close".  Some guy posts a video and you say it's "not impressive".  Somewhere out there, there is a little boy who hasn't played Uncharted.  He's going to see this thread and buy Uncharted expecting to see the 2nd coming of 2pac.  He's going to be underwhelmed by the picture you've painted, and he's going to kill himself.  Do you want this on your head, Leo-J?  This thread has gone far enough!  Stop it before it's too late!

so far in this thread you've cried, you've died (how you continue to post at this point should be the subject of scientific inquiry), and it is going to cause someone to die, anyway you can't win this argument, your going up against someone that is an expert in the unbeatable defense of nuhnt-uh, no matter what you present he'll say it doesn't look better, even if it objectively does, case in point back when games still had comments he insisted that silent hill shattered memories psp looked better than silent hill shattered memories wii, despite lowered framerate, polygon counts, resolution, lighting, and textures, but then again you've been here long enough that you should know better than to argue with leoj

I'll give you an easy out if you choose to embrace it,

NiGHTS (saturn) vs the best on the HD twins? NiGHTS still ahead, Let's all face the facts the original NiGHTS into Dreams, despite being 14 years old and on hardware designed in 1993 looks better than anything on modern hardware, and the simple fact that it is being compared to current games in and of itself is proof the game is a graphics powerhouse. now insert some abitrary video of NiGHTS and voila, an asinine argument made invincible by simply stating nope, no matter what your opposition presents

now no matter what evidence anyone posts to the contrary simply agree with my (absud) assertion, no matter what, if you waiver for a moment it won't really matter though because I won't no matter how insane I sound

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!