By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Uncharted 1 vs The best on the 360, UNC1 still ahead?

masschamber said:
d21lewis said:
leo-j said:
Legend11 said:

It's getting kinda ridiculous with people claiming that Uncharted 1 looks better than any Xbox 360 game.  The original poster used a cutscene to justify his claim, well here's footage of Gears of War 2 with cutscenes and actual gameplay.

Go to the 7 minute mark and watch it until the end and then come back and try to tell us that no 360 game looks better than Uncharted 1.  Also since this game is not on PC we won't have to worry about people claiming it's the PC version.

I stand by my statement.. that cutscene you showed is not impressive.. I posted one that looks far better in every single way graphicly..  Eh I'm not comparing art style here..

If you're bored enough to dig through all of my posts and went all the way back to November 2008, you'd find where I said that Gears 2 actually looked worse than Gears 1--and then some guy gave a speach and then, "Holy Shit!".  The vast majority of that posted video was of the "pre-holy shit!".  Of course, Gears 2 doesn't impress now like it did then, either.  Games like Killzone 2 and Uncharted 2 have dulled its shine, a little.  But how can all of that orchestrated chaos NOT give you a hard-on?

I don't know what it is that you're seeing in that Uncharted cutscene, though.  I post pics and you say they "aren't even close".  Some guy posts a video and you say it's "not impressive".  Somewhere out there, there is a little boy who hasn't played Uncharted.  He's going to see this thread and buy Uncharted expecting to see the 2nd coming of 2pac.  He's going to be underwhelmed by the picture you've painted, and he's going to kill himself.  Do you want this on your head, Leo-J?  This thread has gone far enough!  Stop it before it's too late!

so far in this thread you've cried, you've died (how you continue to post at this point should be the subject of scientific inquiry), and it is going to cause someone to die, anyway you can't win this argument, your going up against someone that is an expert in the unbeatable defense of nuhnt-uh, no matter what you present he'll say it doesn't look better, even if it objectively does, case in point back when games still had comments he insisted that silent hill shattered memories psp looked better than silent hill shattered memories wii, despite lowered framerate, polygon counts, resolution, lighting, and textures, but then again you've been here long enough that you should know better than to argue with leoj

I'll give you an easy out if you choose to embrace it,

NiGHTS (saturn) vs the best on the HD twins? NiGHTS still ahead, Let's all face the facts the original NiGHTS into Dreams, despite being 14 years old and on hardware designed in 1993 looks better than anything on modern hardware, and the simple fact that it is being compared to current games in and of itself is proof the game is a graphics powerhouse. now insert some abitrary video of NiGHTS and voila, an asinine argument made invincible by simply stating nope, no matter what your opposition presents

now no matter what evidence anyone posts to the contrary simply agree with my (absud) assertion, no matter what, if you waiver for a moment it won't really matter though because I won't no matter how insane I sound

But if I say I like really thin pancakes then everybody will know that I meant crepes.  No.  He's just going to have to break my arm.  You hear me, Leo-J?  Put a crack in my arm like a crack in the Liberty Bell!!

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
masschamber said:
d21lewis said:
leo-j said:
Legend11 said:

It's getting kinda ridiculous with people claiming that Uncharted 1 looks better than any Xbox 360 game.  The original poster used a cutscene to justify his claim, well here's footage of Gears of War 2 with cutscenes and actual gameplay.

Go to the 7 minute mark and watch it until the end and then come back and try to tell us that no 360 game looks better than Uncharted 1.  Also since this game is not on PC we won't have to worry about people claiming it's the PC version.

I stand by my statement.. that cutscene you showed is not impressive.. I posted one that looks far better in every single way graphicly..  Eh I'm not comparing art style here..

If you're bored enough to dig through all of my posts and went all the way back to November 2008, you'd find where I said that Gears 2 actually looked worse than Gears 1--and then some guy gave a speach and then, "Holy Shit!".  The vast majority of that posted video was of the "pre-holy shit!".  Of course, Gears 2 doesn't impress now like it did then, either.  Games like Killzone 2 and Uncharted 2 have dulled its shine, a little.  But how can all of that orchestrated chaos NOT give you a hard-on?

I don't know what it is that you're seeing in that Uncharted cutscene, though.  I post pics and you say they "aren't even close".  Some guy posts a video and you say it's "not impressive".  Somewhere out there, there is a little boy who hasn't played Uncharted.  He's going to see this thread and buy Uncharted expecting to see the 2nd coming of 2pac.  He's going to be underwhelmed by the picture you've painted, and he's going to kill himself.  Do you want this on your head, Leo-J?  This thread has gone far enough!  Stop it before it's too late!

so far in this thread you've cried, you've died (how you continue to post at this point should be the subject of scientific inquiry), and it is going to cause someone to die, anyway you can't win this argument, your going up against someone that is an expert in the unbeatable defense of nuhnt-uh, no matter what you present he'll say it doesn't look better, even if it objectively does, case in point back when games still had comments he insisted that silent hill shattered memories psp looked better than silent hill shattered memories wii, despite lowered framerate, polygon counts, resolution, lighting, and textures, but then again you've been here long enough that you should know better than to argue with leoj

I'll give you an easy out if you choose to embrace it,

NiGHTS (saturn) vs the best on the HD twins? NiGHTS still ahead, Let's all face the facts the original NiGHTS into Dreams, despite being 14 years old and on hardware designed in 1993 looks better than anything on modern hardware, and the simple fact that it is being compared to current games in and of itself is proof the game is a graphics powerhouse. now insert some abitrary video of NiGHTS and voila, an asinine argument made invincible by simply stating nope, no matter what your opposition presents

now no matter what evidence anyone posts to the contrary simply agree with my (absud) assertion, no matter what, if you waiver for a moment it won't really matter though because I won't no matter how insane I sound

But if I say I like really thin pancakes then everybody will know that I meant crepes.  No.  He's just going to have to break my arm.  You hear me, Leo-J?  Put a crack in my arm like a crack in the Liberty Bell!!

I see

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As has been said multiple times already, it doesn't matter what evidence is presented, leo-j will just shrug it off and say that Uncharted 1 still looks better anyway. This thread should've been locked awhile ago for the epic waste of time it is.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Well done Leo, you got people going gaga for useless belief. Uncharted looks good, but to compare to games coming in 2011 is even funnier.

Wait till we see Killzone 3 next year.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Ping_ii said:

LMAO uncharted being tomb raider clone.

Then Mass effect is just a damn startrek rip-off.

Ahh the things MS fantatics will say because they can't experience PS3 games,Funny that the best looking game they can offer is a bunch of multiplats or a 540p game.

Maybe you guys should just stick with the sales argument.

I love this post. Lemme see if I can sum this up. When someone says something you don't like, you:

1. Make a statement intended to make the enemy (360 fans) mad.

2. Go into your PS3 > 360 montra when it doesn't even apply to this thread.

3. Imply that anyone who thinks Uncharted is derivative of Tomb Raider is a 360 fanboy.

Now go ahead and explain to me how that post wasn't completely uncalled for and created for the sole purpose of flaming people.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Around the Network
themanwithnoname said:

As has been said multiple times already, it doesn't matter what evidence is presented, leo-j will just shrug it off and say that Uncharted 1 still looks better anyway. This thread should've been locked awhile ago for the epic waste of time it is.

but it is ever so mu.... is your name a zapp branigan reference or a Bill "Blondie" Manko reference?

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--OkeyDokey-- said:

Well, I think it's safe to say that when Gears of War 3 drops this argument will be dead and buried. Holy shit!

This argument is still going on? I mean I know the Original poster is close to the biggest fanboy on this site, but gosh how many pictures and videos have been posted that crumbled his small world? I can't wait to see what he says about this picture above. Gears of War 2 to this day still looks absolutely incredible, but this shot alone has to be one of the most beautiful screenshots I have ever seen in my life.

As much as the PS3 fanboy in me would like to say there isn't anything, but Mass Effect 2 has better graphics than Uncharted 1 but certainly not Uncharted 2 or Killzone 2 or God of war 3 or Metal Gear Solid 4.

For me the last Gears 2 video posted here is not better than Uncharted... but this is my opinion.

At one point, I thought I was losing my mind.  This thread began to haunt me.  I couldn't eat.  I couldn't sleep.  All I could think of was leo-j and his undying belief that Uncharted 1 for the PS3 looked better than anything on the Xbox 360.  I debated, I offered photos, I offered video, and I even tried to say it was a matter of taste.  Despite any argument that I had, leo-j would counter with a video or something.  Could it be true?   I began to doubt myself.  I began to doubt my relationships, and my religion.

So, after so much debating, I decided I needed to fire up Uncharted.  As a matter of fact, it's on my PS3 right now.

I played until I got to the "amazing" submarine scene from leo-J's videos.  I didn't find any of the flawless hair or skin textures with razor bumps that some people linked to.  I didn't find any of the amazing explosions that gave off amazing lighting.  I dindn't see any impressive flaslight effects or the incredible flora and fauna that looked so amazing in 2008 (when I played it for the first time).  All I saw was clothing that looked like modeled clay, animations that jarred me with their lack of realistic movement, and environments that featured objects that looked like they were placed randomly with the Little Big Planet level editor.  The game is below average.  Don't take my word for it.  Get your copy of the game, put it in your PS3, and play it yourself, right now!

The game I remembered looked so much better.  I probably would have gone to my grave with found memories of Uncharted's graphical presentation.  What this thread did was make me dig out an old game that time has passed by, look for flaws I probably never would have even thought about looking for, and see the game for what it really was:  a game that was ahead of the curve in 2007 but looks like nothing special at all in 2010.  Like I said, PLAY IT.  Dead Space, RE5, Batman AA, etc. look much better and they're 3rd party games.  I'm going to fire up Gears of War 1.  I may remember that game wrong, too but I think that even that game is going to end up looking better than Uncharted 1!!

I've lost 22 pounds, haven't slept in days, and punched a baby because of the stress this thread has caused me.  All I had to do was play the game.  I will say this:  Uncharted 2 looks stunning.  So does Killzone 2 (even though it doesn't blow everything away like it used to).  Little Big Planet is magnificent.  Any of these games, I can see this argument standing--but even then, I would probably dispute it.  Uncharted 1 doesn't hold up to the scrutiny.  With my own eyes, on my own TV, on my own PS3, I see it.  Now, with counseling, I can finally move on with my life.

-leaves thread, never to return again.