By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Uncharted 1 vs The best on the 360, UNC1 still ahead?

Ping_ii said:
d21lewis said:
Ping_ii said:

LMAO uncharted being tomb raider clone.

Then Mass effect is just a damn startrek rip-off.

Ahh the things MS fantatics will say because they can't experience PS3 games,Funny that the best looking game they can offer is a bunch of multiplats or a 540p game.

Maybe you guys should just stick with the sales argument.

http://twitpic.com/2lkrqd

Twitter pic of my current console collection (minus my first DSLite that we can't find).

--Uncharted is a Tomb Raider clone.  Well, not really.  It's got a better story, better graphics, and it's focus is more on action.  But as I posted before, there isn't a single move in Drake's repertoire that he doesn't share with Lara Croft.  In fact, I think many of them control exactly the same.  Not saying that it's a bad game.  It's a great game!  The production values are off the charts.   If you ask some people, the first game in the series looks better than any game available for any other console (which I strongly disagree with).  But it ain't original.

Right so Uncharted is a lara croft clone.

Mass effect is a startrek clone? Alan wake is a silent hill clone? Forza is a GT5 clone? Gears is a kill switch clone?

If were gonna call out games as "clones" because they used existing ideas then EVERY GAME IS A GOD DAMN CLONE OF SOMETHING?

Ping ii is a clone of Ping i.

*edit* notice that I said "not really" in my post after I said "Uncharted is a clone".  That's just my style.  Didn't mean to offend.  It's a well done game that has a lot of elements from another game.  Nothing wrong with that.  I love Crash Team Racing but it borrows a lot from Mario Kart.  As long as it's fun, who cares who borrowed what from who?

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Ping_ii said:
d21lewis said:
Ping_ii said:

Ahh the things MS fantatics will say because they can't experience PS3 games,Funny that the best looking game they can offer is a bunch of multiplats or a 540p game.

Twitter pic of my current console collection (minus my first DSLite that we can't find).

--Uncharted is a Tomb Raider clone.  Well, not really.  It's got a better story, better graphics, and it's focus is more on action.  But as I posted before, there isn't a single move in Drake's repertoire that he doesn't share with Lara Croft.  In fact, I think many of them control exactly the same.  Not saying that it's a bad game.  It's a great game!  The production values are off the charts.   If you ask some people, the first game in the series looks better than any game available for any other console (which I strongly disagree with).  But it ain't original.

Mass effect is a startrek clone? Alan wake is a silent hill clone? Forza is a GT5 clone? Gears is a kill switch clone?

If were gonna call out games as "clones" because they used existing ideas then EVERY GAME IS A GOD DAMN CLONE OF SOMETHING?

And Im a clone of you! I copied your idea of having eyes,nose,ears, How dare I.

Ping_ii said:
d21lewis said:
Ping_ii said:
d21lewis said:
Ping_ii said:

And Im a clone of you! I copied your idea of having eyes,nose,ears, How dare I.

The font of your typing is awfully familiar, too..................

All of this really makes ya wonder: which console will be the most powerful next generation?

The most powerful console specs seem to be one of the few things that is never exclusive to a single console manufacturer, and yet the fanbases easily jump on the spec wagon (I blame the Genesis fans for starting this! But every fanbase has been part of it one time or another), touting its greatness until the next console generation comes in, and there's a literal shift in power.

Not saying that comaring graphics is a bad thing, as its a fun little distraction for the fans... but I just think it'll be funny when Nintendo fans are touting their insane Super Wii specs while PS4 fans insist that it's all about the gameplay.

@Topic

Who needs the 360 when the PS3's predecessor, the PS2, has a game that looks better than Uncharted!*

Behold!

Just beautiful.

*imo (hehehe!)

It's getting kinda ridiculous with people claiming that Uncharted 1 looks better than any Xbox 360 game.  The original poster used a cutscene to justify his claim, well here's footage of Gears of War 2 with cutscenes and actual gameplay.

Go to the 7 minute mark and watch it until the end and then come back and try to tell us that no 360 game looks better than Uncharted 1.  Also since this game is not on PC we won't have to worry about people claiming it's the PC version.

Around the Network

Some Xbox 360 looks better than Uncharted (first one) like Mass Effect 2... but Gears 2 don't.

Uncharted 2 Graphics > 360 Exclusives (Uncharted had a strong art style but I think Gears 2 is just as good if not better)

Gears Sound Track > Uncharted Series

Gears Gameplay (Wins because of the Lancer saw and better cover system) > Uncharted Series

Uncharted Puzzles > 360 Exclusives (Because most 360 exclusives don't any)

Lost Odyssey Story Telling > Uncharted Story Telling

Halo Multiplayer > Uncharted 2 Multiplayer

Assessment...  Uncharted Series is a strong all around game.  But (like almost all Sony exclusives) the only category where they are truely superior is in graphical presentation.  As far as I'm concerned, Uncharted is what Tomb Raider should be by now.  Unfortunately, Eidos/Square Enix did not evolve the series enough and was to focused on milking their action/adventure monopoly.  I am happy Uncharted took the crown.  Hopefully Tomb Raider will respond with some of its own innovation going forward.

PS:  The worst thing in Uncharted is the jet skiing.  Being a jet skier myself, I found it highly unrealistic and very annoying to play.  (Took the game from and 9.5 to a 9.0 in my books).  But still a very good overall game.

Ping_ii said:

you mean despite having near identical core gameplay, settings, goals, and characters, the only similarity between startrek and Mass Effect is space opera story genre

Is it really that hard to admit the game is derivative? it doesn't preclude being done better, but it they clearly lifted quite a few gameplay mechanics from tomb raider legends

it's like refusing to admint Shadow Complex is derivative of Super Metroid, it is, but it doesn't make the game any worse, it is something good developers do,

dead space is an resident evil 4 clone,  heavenly sword borrows from god of war,okami shows heavy influence from zelda, does it make any of them any worse? no, why is it so hard to admit a game is stongly influenced by another game, I know king of fighters, and shining force two of my favorite series, borrow heavily from street fighter and fire emblem respectively, doesn't make them anything less for it,

developers use good ideas from others, gears of war's gameplay is derived from killswitch and resident evil 4, which in turn has influenced all sorts of games,including uncharted

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NeoRatt said:

Uncharted 2 Graphics > 360 Exclusives (Uncharted had a strong art style but I think Gears 2 is just as good if not better)

Gears Sound Track > Uncharted Series

Gears Gameplay (Wins because of the Lancer saw and better cover system) > Uncharted Series

Uncharted Puzzles > 360 Exclusives (Because most 360 exclusives don't any)

Lost Odyssey Story Telling > Uncharted Story Telling

Halo Multiplayer > Uncharted 2 Multiplayer

Assessment...  Uncharted Series is a strong all around game.  But (like almost all Sony exclusives) the only category where they are truely superior is in graphical presentation.  As far as I'm concerned, Uncharted is what Tomb Raider should be by now.  Unfortunately, Eidos/Square Enix did not evolve the series enough and was to focused on milking their action/adventure monopoly.  I am happy Uncharted took the crown.  Hopefully Tomb Raider will respond with some of its own innovation going forward.

PS:  The worst thing in Uncharted is the jet skiing.  Being a jet skier myself, I found it highly unrealistic and very annoying to play.  (Took the game from and 9.5 to a 9.0 in my books).  But still a very good overall game.

Although that's a very strange and odd post, the one point that I really disagree with is the soundtrack. Uncharted 2's soundtrack is one of my favorite of all time (surely in top 5). I really don't remember any good music from the Gears of War series other than the two trailers which had amazing musics but can't really be considered part of the soundtrack.

I don't want to comment on the rest as it is extremely subjective.

Legend11 said:

It's getting kinda ridiculous with people claiming that Uncharted 1 looks better than any Xbox 360 game.  The original poster used a cutscene to justify his claim, well here's footage of Gears of War 2 with cutscenes and actual gameplay.

Go to the 7 minute mark and watch it until the end and then come back and try to tell us that no 360 game looks better than Uncharted 1.  Also since this game is not on PC we won't have to worry about people claiming it's the PC version.

Legend, I don't know what kind of freaky mojo is going on but I played this part of Gears 2, a few hours ago (you can check d21lewis on Xbox.com, if you think I'm making this up) and as soon as I finished (around 9pm, tonight), I see this video posted.  I haven't played Gears 2 in months!  I have guests at my house and we've been playing Smackdown, Peggle, RE5, and GeoW2.  What are the odds?

And as I played this level, I thought holy fuck, this game still looks good.  So many explosions, enemy characters, Brumacks running around, Corpsers, and all and out chaos.  I said to myself, "If I post this video on VGChartz, I'll win that thread!"  But you posted it and it accomplished nothing.  I wish that video included some crazy Brumack action but yeah.  Gears of War 2 still has it.  I plan to go back and play it a little later on after I watch Monday Night Raw.