By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Uncharted 1 vs The best on the 360, UNC1 still ahead?

ethomaz said:
CGI-Quality said:

Before Mass Effect 2, I would have agreed, as I thought Drake's Fortune edged out Gears 2 as well. But mass Effect 2 has it beat.

God of War III, Uncharted 2, and Killzone 2 still have yet to be topped by other consoles though, in my opinion of course.

Same opinion here... Mass Effect 2 > Uncharted > Gears 2... GoW3, U2 and K2 are another level.

this

*1000th post*

Around the Network
bad22 said:
ethomaz said:
bad22 said:
ethomaz said:
bad22 said:

Naughty dog are most shameless developers in the world they stole tombraider and made uncharted

just like scary movies.

Uncharted is Nathan drake without boobs nothing more

No comparison... Uncharted has a lot more than Tomb Raider dreamed one day to be.

And for me... they are different games.

they are same

No. Tomb Raider: Underworld stole some ideas from Uncharted because his success. Before Underworld the Tomb Raider series is a lot different (IMO).

Gameplay is different... so different games.

By the way Tomb Raider lost in the time.

lol have you ever played tombraider series the Underworld gameplay is similar to previous games

I played Tomb Raider 1, 2 and 3 for PlayStation... the first two are the best of the series IMO.

Tom Raider and Uncharted is like water and wine... gameplay different... but it is my opinion.

People are still talking about the first Uncharted? Personally I think Tomb Raider Underworld looks better, on either 360 or PS3. And the game itself is nothing special, it's a bad Tomb Raider clone with too much shooting, not enough puzzles and exploration and a pretty weak cover system that feels loose and unresponsive.

I know people like to compare it with Gears, but it's not even in the same league. Gears has an excellent cover system, and it is actually a good shooter. The shooting in Uncharted feels like something out of Kane & Lynch, it just doesn't feel good or right.

Alan Wake, Gears 2, and Mass Effect 2 all look better then Uncharted : Drake's Fortune IMO.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

PearlJam said:

People are still talking about the first Uncharted? Personally I think Tomb Raider Underworld looks better, on either 360 or PS3. And the game itself is nothing special, it's a bad Tomb Raider clone with too much shooting, not enough puzzles and exploration and a pretty weak cover system that feels loose and unresponsive.

I know people like to compare it with Gears, but it's not even in the same league. Gears has an excellent cover system, and it is actually a good shooter. The shooting in Uncharted feels like something out of Kane & Lynch, it just doesn't feel good or right.

Uncharted 1 has better lighting, character models, environments, and animations as far as I'm concerned. I'm not even sure what single area in the visual department TR: Underworld contests it.

As for it being a bad Tomb Raider clone, I think Uncharted : DF offers a better experience than any Tomb Raider game I've played.

There is definitely a bit too much repetitive shooting in the first game though, that's for sure.

Around the Network

LMAO uncharted being tomb raider clone.

Then Mass effect is just a damn startrek rip-off.

Ahh the things MS fantatics will say because they can't experience PS3 games,Funny that the best looking game they can offer is a bunch of multiplats or a 540p game.

Maybe you guys should just stick with the sales argument.

mass effect 2 and gears of war 2 looks better than UNC1.

Ping_ii said:

Ahh the things MS fantatics will say because they can't experience PS3 games,Funny that the best looking game they can offer is a bunch of multiplats or a 540p game.

http://twitpic.com/2lkrqd

Twitter pic of my current console collection (minus my first DSLite that we can't find).

--Uncharted is a Tomb Raider clone.  Well, not really.  It's got a better story, better graphics, and it's focus is more on action.  But as I posted before, there isn't a single move in Drake's repertoire that he doesn't share with Lara Croft.  In fact, I think many of them control exactly the same.  Not saying that it's a bad game.  It's a great game!  The production values are off the charts.   If you ask some people, the first game in the series looks better than any game available for any other console (which I strongly disagree with).  But it ain't original.

d21lewis said:
Ping_ii said:

http://twitpic.com/2lkrqd

Twitter pic of my current console collection (minus my first DSLite that we can't find).

--Uncharted is a Tomb Raider clone.  Well, not really.  It's got a better story, better graphics, and it's focus is more on action.  But as I posted before, there isn't a single move in Drake's repertoire that he doesn't share with Lara Croft.  In fact, I think many of them control exactly the same.  Not saying that it's a bad game.  It's a great game!  The production values are off the charts.   If you ask some people, the first game in the series looks better than any game available for any other console (which I strongly disagree with).  But it ain't original.

Right so Uncharted is a lara croft clone.

Mass effect is a startrek clone? Alan wake is a silent hill clone? Forza is a GT5 clone? Gears is a kill switch clone?

If were gonna call out games as "clones" because they used existing ideas then EVERY GAME IS A GOD DAMN CLONE OF SOMETHING?

What makes Uncharted different is it's cinematic feeling that you usually don't find in Tomb Raider games. It's pretty hard in the modern industry to come up with something wholly different. So you must make mixes of different genres and different features to create an original product and I think Uncharted did that.