By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Uncharted 1 vs The best on the 360, UNC1 still ahead?

iWarMachine said:
Lazthelost said:
kiefer23 said:
d21lewis said:
leo-j said:

If mass effect has better character models than this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kde4suIi4s0&feature=related

color me impressed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuO3KNZP9NY
Impressed?  If not, you'll see soon enough when you play it for PS3!

*edit*Beaten by CGI by a longshot!!

Mass Effect 2's characters are awesome graphically. Uncharted 1's characters are very high poly but their texture resolution is lacking.

Mass Effect 2 adds High poly and Mega textures into the mix and they hold up superbly when viewed up close. Personally I find Grunt to look the most impressive, you can see each individual scale on his head when up close. Thane also looks very good and he suits Mass Effect 2's shading style.

Can't find a 720p close up shot of Grunt. I'll show it squished and at 720p so you can see his scales.

Haha , destroyed. Uncharted 1 has nothing against so many games on the 360. Here is more evidence. But i'm guessing LeoJ will just keep denying the truth.

uhm...yep, ME2 wins in the character model department, what else? Mass Effect 1/2 looks great when we talk about character models, but the rest, it's, without trying to downgrade the great graphics, above average when we talk about best looking games...i don't know if i'm expressing correctly, i'm sorry.

Everything else average for consoles? Hardly.

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/digitalfoundry-mass-effect-2-environments

Don't think it's possible to embed Eurogamer videos.

Can't wait to see Mass Effect 3 using the new Unreal Engine technology featured in Gears of War 3 with MUCH more advanced vegetation rendering and a much better lighting system.

Around the Network

Yes... it's possible because Eurogamer uses YouTube for video.

Nothing fanboyish about this at all.

d21lewis said:

Sometimes, I think people like Leo-J make threads like this and laugh at our efforts to dispute them.  There's no prize for winning and the whole thing makes no sense.  I mean, everybody knows that technology didn't just stand still since 2007.  How are games getting 9/10 or 10/10 in graphics from reviewers if no game ever improved on something released 3 years ago?  What have developers been doing all of this time?  And despite all common sense--despite the fact that I own U1 and U2 and I still continue to be impressed by the graphics in new games--I STILL fell into this "debate". 

And the whole thing is futile.  I could put a screenshot of a game designed by Jesus himself that makes people weep at the sight of it.  All Leo-J or anybody in this thread has to say is "Yeah.  It looks good.....but Drake's shirt is half tucked in."  And I'd have to find a game that has A.Better Environments, B.Better character models, C.a half tucked shirt, D.Sully's moustache.  There is no way to win.  There is NO winning!

And yet, here I am-a 30 year old man looking for screenshots of videogames to prove to a teenager that he's wrong!  I should be in bed spooning my girlfriend right now!!  Meanwhile, the guy who made this whole thread (which has somehow stressed me out) is probably at some Lady GaGa themed rave party right now.  And the sad thing is I OWN UNCHARTED.  I'm trying to prove that a game I OWN is inferior to other games I OWN.  I can't figure.....how did I......why....wha......

*has stroke*

*dies*

lol epic, I love you.

that video is all cutscenes.........

Around the Network
bRoKeN said:

that video is all cutscenes.........

Yeah... but ingame engine.

ethomaz said:

Yes... it's possible because Eurogamer uses YouTube for video.

see? thank you, now that's not impressive compared to games with much more detailed environments like uncharted 1! compared to graphically great games, it's nothing groundbreaking...remember we're comparing a 2007 game vs a 2010 game...of course it'd be much better if ME2 wouldn't be a open world game...

and remember we're seeing pc gameplay in that video...

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

leo-j said:

For those that are ganna come in and say "No, it's not, this is as stupid as the "GT PSP LOOKS AS GOOD AS FORZA 3 ON 360" thread.. blah blah blah" or.. " I HAS A PS3 AND 360, UNCHARTED 1 LOOK LIKE SHIT NEX TO GEAR 23 AND 3 LOOK WAY EBTTER(even though the only think they did in gears 3 was up the contrast.. suddenly it looks like the best looking game to a lot of people here..) AND UC1 LOO BAD COMPAR TOO VERY MULTI PLA LIKE FF XIII"

but guess what on a graphical stand point U1 imo is ahead of anything on the 360, and I made this thread to be PROVEN WRONG, but CAN I BE PROVEN WRONG?? I DOUBT IT!!!!

CGI-Quality said:

It's a testament to Drake's Fortune's visuals if it's being compared with the likes of games that will be nearly 4 years newer than it. Crysis surely knows the feeling

***This is all that leo-j wanted, i assure you. Clearly this thread has accomplished what it set out to

It's like this thread i remember where one VGChartz member was going on about how the "ICO series" had overtaken the entire Zelda series or something. He got people arguing over which of the two game series was better. for a game to even be mentioned in the same sentence as such a distinguished and respected series was enough for it to be considered great. But to go and claim it better than that game sereis is just ludicrous, not to mention the whole opinion part of the argument

Same thing here, for someone to say something like UNC1 graphics >> all on X360 , though probably untrue, still puts the game on the map in the minds of people here as a game with supposedly unbeatable graphics. In other words, he's saying "this near 3-year-old PS3 exclusive has better graphics than any 360 game nevermind its sequel! That thing is lightyears ahead of anything on 360"

- Bolded statements in leo-j's opening post: just for us to laugh at, and to open peoples' eyes as to how rational and resonable you really are. Haven't any of you guys been here long enough to know this guy's history with laughably ridiculous posts like this one?

Hmmm....I just played Uncharted 1 for the first time earlier this year and I didn't think the graphics looked special at all. I guess my expectations were too high, because of all the praise I had heard about it for such a long time.

Though you can really fault the developers as U2 had already been released by the time I played U1, so I should've expected that the graphics would be quite dated. I still need to try out U2, I've had it sitting in here for a few months now (I bought the U1/U2 double pack).

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Naughty dog are most shameless developers in the world they stole tombraider and made uncharted

just like scary movies.

Uncharted is Nathan drake without boobs nothing more