By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Uncharted 1 vs The best on the 360, UNC1 still ahead?

leo-j said:

yea d2lewis you caught me ...

btw I disagree... none of those games look anywhere near Uncharted 1

I mean look at the video I posted... it look sbetter than anything posted in this thread so far.. including GEARS 3 and ME2..

Not even close?  *head explodes!* Well TWO can play at this game!  That cut scene didn't impress me at all.  It looks like N64 graphics.  Wave Race had better water.  Now, YOU convince ME!

That video was pre-recorded.  If you doubt me, play as a different skin.  It'll change to normal Drake when the cutscene plays and return to your skin when the cutscene ends.

-I'm still at this?  I won't quit until Leo-J says, "d21lewis, you're right and you have obviously had sex with several women."

Around the Network

I never realised how much Uncharted 2's visuals had dated until I saw them again in this thread. Such a short space of time and yet your expectations just increase exponentially it seems as soon as you get to play visually more impressive games.

Tease.

Squilliam said:

I never realised how much Uncharted 2's visuals had dated until I saw them again in this thread. Such a short space of time and yet your expectations just increase exponentially it seems as soon as you get to play visually more impressive games.

Yeah I was kind of shocked too! I remembered Uncharted 1 looking great, but with so many new games outshining it I guess some people just can't let go of the past.

Lazthelost said:
Squilliam said:

Yeah I was kind of shocked too! I remembered Uncharted 1 looking great, but with so many new games outshining it I guess some people just can't let go of the past.

It doesn't help that I have been checking out a bunch of engine tech demos on my PC recently, for instance Heaven DX11 demo which puts the visuals into a certain perspective.

Tease.

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Around the Network

TC using a pre-rendered cutscene to prove their point?

Uncharted 1 has poor graphics even for the time, that's why IGN only gave it a 9.0

RAZurrection said:

TC using a pre-rendered cutscene to prove their point?

Uncharted 1 has poor graphics even for the time, that's why IGN only gave it a 9.0

Alan Wake is considered to be the best looking game on the 360, it's only got an 83 on metacritic. See how stupid that sounds?

OT: This thread should have never been made, Uncharted looked the best back in it's day, but it's been three years and Mass Effect 2, Alan Wake and Resident Evil 5 edge it out.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

kiefer23 said:
d21lewis said:
leo-j said:

If mass effect has better character models than this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kde4suIi4s0&feature=related

color me impressed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuO3KNZP9NY
Impressed?  If not, you'll see soon enough when you play it for PS3!

*edit*Beaten by CGI by a longshot!!

Mass Effect 2's characters are awesome graphically. Uncharted 1's characters are very high poly but their texture resolution is lacking.

Mass Effect 2 adds High poly and Mega textures into the mix and they hold up superbly when viewed up close. Personally I find Grunt to look the most impressive, you can see each individual scale on his head when up close. Thane also looks very good and he suits Mass Effect 2's shading style.

Can't find a 720p close up shot of Grunt. I'll show it squished and at 720p so you can see his scales.

does that frog-man has trees growing on his head?

What the hell?

I edit (adding one line of text) and the entire thing disappears????

Several games on 360 look better than Uncharted 1, but I give PS3 the SLIGHT edge with Uncharted 2.

In reality though, the graphics are so close that it's completely irrelevent.