By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Uncharted 1 vs The best on the 360, UNC1 still ahead?

leo-j said:

again, stop throwing games out there without any videos/screens..

I've already posted the video

@legend

Yea and according to everything being shown in this thread, I have to say UNCHARTED looks far better than GEARS "3" right now.. unless you prove to me that it does not, and don't go posting inferior screenshots, because my video is one of my proofs that UNC1 is ahead of everything I've seen on the 360.

@CGI

post some videos showing me these amazing character models!

wow... just wow...

You would have to be completely blind or a fanboy to not see that Gears 3 is way better looking visually than Uncharted: Drakes Fourtune.

Around the Network
leo-j said:

@legend

Yea and according to everything being shown in this thread, I have to say UNCHARTED looks far better than GEARS "3" right now.. unless you prove to me that it does not, and don't go posting inferior screenshots, because my video is one of my proofs that UNC1 is ahead of everything I've seen on the 360.

@CGI

It's pretty easy to see that the vastly superior character models, just look at the Gears 3 video first looking at the characters and then look at the Uncharted 1 video.

CGI-Quality said:
Boutros said:
CGI-Quality said:
kiefer23 said:
Boutros said:

There's a multitude of multiplatform games better looking than Uncharted: DF.

Final Fantasy XIII is one.

I agree, and I think everybody is forgetting Uncharted 1's technical issues. Screen tear and pop in hell, I can't remember if the framerate was poor, it's been awhile since I've played it.

Drake's Fortune had some technical issues, yes, but so did XIII. I'd also say it's arguable, as XIII had enough bland environments to keep them behind Drake's Fortune's, not to mention animations weren't on Drake's Fortune's level either.

Drake's Fortune was quite underrated IMO. While Among Thieves is certainly the better game, I'd say I liked Drake's Fortune's campaign more. There was just something real special about it.

FFXIII had no technical issues...

Frame drops, yes indeed it did. It didn't have screen tearing, no, but frame drops are still a programming issue.

Frame drops? Or are you talking about the 360 version? Because I never experienced frame drops on the PS3 version.

masschamber said:
d21lewis said:

They didn't have any of the set pieces like trees blowing in the wind and being torn down, Alan inside of a cabin as it gets destroyed, and such but here ya go:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wq0RYDDCuU

I never learned how to embed.  :(

pfft, alan wake runs at subHD resolution, and we all know how a game looks is less important then the number of dots making up the image, especailly when you can't tell the difference, but then again clicking on a button and copying and pasteing is too difficult for you so we'd expect you to think how game looks is more important than unseen and inconsequential technical details

plus his wife looks like some sort of horrible gremlin

Damn, dude.  If you wanted to hurt my feelings, consider yourself successful.

*cries*

leo-j said:

If mass effect has better character models than this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kde4suIi4s0&feature=related

color me impressed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuO3KNZP9NY
Impressed?  If not, you'll see soon enough when you play it for PS3!

*edit*Beaten by CGI by a longshot!!

Around the Network

-And I know pics/videos of actual gameplay for Uncharted has been shown.  I just want you to keep in mind that almost all of the cutscenes in Uncharted (and even Uncharted 2) are video of optimized gameplay footage.  It's not running in real time and it usually has sharper effects that aren't found in actual gameplay.

The games are still visually stunning but different people find different things impressive.  Maybe some people like colorful graphics.  Maybe others like a cell shaded style.  Others may like realistic textures and even others may be fond of humongous characters like those found in God of War or Gears of War.  What I'm trying to say is that nobody can prove to you that anything looks better than Uncharted 1 because nobody can change your opinion.  I have Uncharted 1 and 2 in my room right now.  I'm just not as impressed as some people seem to be.  Beautiful games, true.  I find Heavy Rain, Valkyria Chronicles, and Alan Wake (shut up) to be as beautiful or even more beautiful. 

I'm not wrong and neither are you.  This debate will always come down to personal preference, opinion, and--dare I say it-console preference.  So be it.

21 has spoken.

Lazthelost said:
leo-j said:

@legend

@CGI

wow... just wow...

You would have to be completely blind or a fanboy to not see that Gears 3 is way better looking visually than Uncharted: Drakes Fourtune.

I personally think he just needs to go to an eye doctor and get his eyes looked at.....i'm thinking some glasses or contacts would definitely help him out.

Boutros said:
CGI-Quality said:
kiefer23 said:
Boutros said:

There's a multitude of multiplatform games better looking than Uncharted: DF.

Final Fantasy XIII is one.

I agree, and I think everybody is forgetting Uncharted 1's technical issues. Screen tear and pop in hell, I can't remember if the framerate was poor, it's been awhile since I've played it.

Drake's Fortune had some technical issues, yes, but so did XIII. I'd also say it's arguable, as XIII had enough bland environments to keep them behind Drake's Fortune's, not to mention animations weren't on Drake's Fortune's level either.

Drake's Fortune was quite underrated IMO. While Among Thieves is certainly the better game, I'd say I liked Drake's Fortune's campaign more. There was just something real special about it.

FFXIII had no technical issues...

The 360 version did :P Just some terrible framerates at gameplay sequences involving lots of A.I, like the time you visit the Chocobo Circus place, that part was horrendous. There is also minor framerate issues in the Pulse main field with all the A.I monsters running around. Personally I think it's just down to Square's shoddy extra $ making port. A person with very little  experience could have encoded the pre-rendered scenes better to.

d21lewis said:
leo-j said:

color me impressed

Mass Effect 2's characters are awesome graphically. Uncharted 1's characters are very high poly but their texture resolution is lacking.

Mass Effect 2 adds High poly and Mega textures into the mix and they hold up superbly when viewed up close. Personally I find Grunt to look the most impressive, you can see each individual scale on his head when up close. Thane also looks very good and he suits Mass Effect 2's shading style.

Can't find a 720p close up shot of Grunt. I'll show it squished and at 720p so you can see his scales.

kiefer23 said:
d21lewis said:
leo-j said:

color me impressed

Mass Effect 2's characters are awesome graphically. Uncharted 1's characters are very high poly but their texture resolution is lacking.

Mass Effect 2 adds High poly and Mega textures into the mix and they hold up superbly when viewed up close. Personally I find Grunt to look the most impressive, you can see each individual scale on his head when up close. Thane also looks very good and he suits Mass Effect 2's shading style.

Can't find a 720p close up shot of Grunt. I'll show it squished and at 720p so you can see his scales.

Haha , destroyed. Uncharted 1 has nothing against so many games on the 360. Here is more evidence. But i'm guessing LeoJ will just keep denying the truth.