By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Uncharted 1 vs The best on the 360, UNC1 still ahead?

Even when digitised Yvonne Strahotski looks hot! Even Elena can't compete with those polygons, ME2 wins!

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
masschamber said:
d21lewis said:

They didn't have any of the set pieces like trees blowing in the wind and being torn down, Alan inside of a cabin as it gets destroyed, and such but here ya go:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wq0RYDDCuU

I never learned how to embed.  :(

pfft, alan wake runs at subHD resolution, and we all know how a game looks is less important then the number of dots making up the image, especailly when you can't tell the difference, but then again clicking on a button and copying and pasteing is too difficult for you so we'd expect you to think how game looks is more important than unseen and inconsequential technical details

plus his wife looks like some sort of horrible gremlin

Damn, dude.  If you wanted to hurt my feelings, consider yourself successful.

*cries*

mission accomplished, now your tears shall go to fuel the genesis device

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lazthelost said:
kiefer23 said:
d21lewis said:
leo-j said:

If mass effect has better character models than this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kde4suIi4s0&feature=related

color me impressed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuO3KNZP9NY
Impressed?  If not, you'll see soon enough when you play it for PS3!

*edit*Beaten by CGI by a longshot!!

Mass Effect 2's characters are awesome graphically. Uncharted 1's characters are very high poly but their texture resolution is lacking.

Mass Effect 2 adds High poly and Mega textures into the mix and they hold up superbly when viewed up close. Personally I find Grunt to look the most impressive, you can see each individual scale on his head when up close. Thane also looks very good and he suits Mass Effect 2's shading style.

Can't find a 720p close up shot of Grunt. I'll show it squished and at 720p so you can see his scales.

Haha , destroyed. Uncharted 1 has nothing against so many games on the 360. Here is more evidence. But i'm guessing LeoJ will just keep denying the truth.

uhm...yep, ME2 wins in the character model department, what else? Mass Effect 1/2 looks great when we talk about character models, but the rest, it's, without trying to downgrade the great graphics, above average when we talk about best looking games...i don't know if i'm expressing correctly, i'm sorry.

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

Tomb Raider Underworld, Resident Evil 5 (not even a good representative of how good the game looks), Alan Wake, Lost Planet 2.

Sometimes, I think people like Leo-J make threads like this and laugh at our efforts to dispute them.  There's no prize for winning and the whole thing makes no sense.  I mean, everybody knows that technology didn't just stand still since 2007.  How are games getting 9/10 or 10/10 in graphics from reviewers if no game ever improved on something released 3 years ago?  What have developers been doing all of this time?  And despite all common sense--despite the fact that I own U1 and U2 and I still continue to be impressed by the graphics in new games--I STILL fell into this "debate". 

And the whole thing is futile.  I could put a screenshot of a game designed by Jesus himself that makes people weep at the sight of it.  All Leo-J or anybody in this thread has to say is "Yeah.  It looks good.....but Drake's shirt is half tucked in."  And I'd have to find a game that has A.Better Environments, B.Better character models, C.a half tucked shirt, D.Sully's moustache.  There is no way to win.  There is NO winning!

And yet, here I am-a 30 year old man looking for screenshots of videogames to prove to a teenager that he's wrong!  I should be in bed spooning my girlfriend right now!!  Meanwhile, the guy who made this whole thread (which has somehow stressed me out) is probably at some Lady GaGa themed rave party right now.  And the sad thing is I OWN UNCHARTED.  I'm trying to prove that a game I OWN is inferior to other games I OWN.  I can't figure.....how did I......why....wha......

*has stroke*

*dies*

Around the Network

LMAO!!! the sad thing is this actually might be true.

I thought Alan wake was gonna trash uncharted??????? AHAHA!

@d21lewis

By your pictures...

Tomb Raider Underworld = MEH
Resident Evil 5 = MEH
Alan Wake = GOOD
Lost Planet 2  = MEH

yea d2lewis you caught me ...

btw I disagree... none of those games look anywhere near Uncharted 1

I mean look at the video I posted... it look sbetter than anything posted in this thread so far.. including GEARS 3 and ME2..

mM

^at home early after the GaGa rave party? lol

lol! 3:36AM in here, usually we don't come back at home until 7:00-9:00 AM...today was the exception to play some Uncharted 2 @Night W/Friends!

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!