By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If you think GTA 4 is overrated then you should play Mafia 2

mafia 1 was great now I don't know if i'll get this game they can't even make decent grass on the ps3, this show how professional they are at 2k

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network
Akvod said:
Garnett said:
Akvod said:
Garnett said:
Akvod said:

1. No autoaim, why doesn't this have auto aim? Its the most basic feature for a shooting game.... It only makes shooting tedious.

>.< I'm so confused

Fixed it, thanks for the notice.

Hate typing and talking to people >_<

... what'd you fix? Did you meant to put in sandbox game or something?

Before-"No autoaim, why doesn't this have auto aim? Its the most basic feature for a shooting game.... It only makes shooting tedious."

Now- No autoaim, why doesn't this have auto aim? Its the most basic feature for a shooting game.... without it the  shooting is tedious.

Yeah, cool, but the part I was pointing out is still the same... how can you call something a shoot game when the game does the most crucial part of shooting for you... aiming.

fpS and tpS.

Shooters. and you know what i ment.

badgenome said:

You forgot:

Sorry is that meant to be bad thing?

But I am not going to get into an argument about GTA IV, because people are going to call it abysmal for no real reason... I also don't really agree with the OPs points, the thing which convinced me not to get the game is the very extended checkpoints and pointless driving

Rockstar does sandbox best.  Everyone else screws it up in some way.  Also, I think GTA IV is very deserving of it's high scores.

Garnett said:
Zkuq said:

1. No auto-aim...? YEAH!!! A bit more towards skill, it is.

2. People have different tastes. I, for one, don't mind more realistic gameplay.

3. What did you expect? At least I didn't expect a proper sandbox game, I expected a somewhat linear game with an open world.

4. Too bad... Well, unless you're just stupid and missed something obvious, the game really is buggy. I suspect the latter.

5. Can't say much about this, I've only tried Godfather 2 and haven't even tried Mafia II.

6. There are funny games, there are serious games, but both can be fun to play in their own way. Here, GTA IV is the funny game and Mafia II is the serious game.

Despite not having played Mafia II, I had to share my own view on the issue. All in all: you were expecting a different type of a game than you should have. The game probably is good but it's not a game for you. You like different games. Apples and oranges, you know.

1. Skill has nothing to do with bad shooting mechanics.

2. I love realistic games, except when the game is supposed to be fun..

3. More stuff to do? Thats what i expected, why make an open world with nothing to do?

5- There we  go, your points have no value because you havent played Mafia 2, story is good for a game but the gameplay mechanics are shit.

6. The  funny/serious aspects only matter in the story. The gameplay is below average.

1. Is the issue with no auto-aim or simply bad shooting mechanics? Or do you simply dislike having to aim yourself? I like aiming, not having the game aim for myself. Even on consoles, even though I mainly play games on PC.

2. And realistic games can't be fun...? I think I missed your point.

3. To not make the game feel so linear? Why are you so upset they made the world open?

5. I know... Some of those arguments just seemed ridiculous. "I wanted an apple but got an orange instead."

6. I don't know if gameplay really is below average or what, but otherwise I disagree. A serious game is often a more realistic one, while a 'funny' game is often more unrealistic.

Around the Network
Garnett said:
Akvod said:
Garnett said:
Akvod said:
Garnett said:
Akvod said:

1. No autoaim, why doesn't this have auto aim? Its the most basic feature for a shooting game.... It only makes shooting tedious.

>.< I'm so confused

Fixed it, thanks for the notice.

Hate typing and talking to people >_<

... what'd you fix? Did you meant to put in sandbox game or something?

Before-"No autoaim, why doesn't this have auto aim? Its the most basic feature for a shooting game.... It only makes shooting tedious."

Now- No autoaim, why doesn't this have auto aim? Its the most basic feature for a shooting game.... without it the  shooting is tedious.

Yeah, cool, but the part I was pointing out is still the same... how can you call something a shoot game when the game does the most crucial part of shooting for you... aiming.

fpS and tpS.

Shooters. and you know what i ment.

No...

That's why I was asking you, did you mean Sandbox rather than shooter???

A shooter is a shooter man. TPS and FPS are shooters in different perspectives.

Red Dead Redemption is clearly the king of the sandbox these days.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Munkeh111 said:
badgenome said:

You forgot:

Sorry is that meant to be bad thing?

But I am not going to get into an argument about GTA IV, because people are going to call it abysmal for no real reason... I also don't really agree with the OPs points, the thing which convinced me not to get the game is the very extended checkpoints and pointless driving

No. In fact, it's convinced me that in Uncharted 3, Nolan should play all the characters.

Garnett said:
Zkuq said:

1. No auto-aim...? YEAH!!! A bit more towards skill, it is.

2. People have different tastes. I, for one, don't mind more realistic gameplay.

3. What did you expect? At least I didn't expect a proper sandbox game, I expected a somewhat linear game with an open world.

4. Too bad... Well, unless you're just stupid and missed something obvious, the game really is buggy. I suspect the latter.

5. Can't say much about this, I've only tried Godfather 2 and haven't even tried Mafia II.

6. There are funny games, there are serious games, but both can be fun to play in their own way. Here, GTA IV is the funny game and Mafia II is the serious game.

Despite not having played Mafia II, I had to share my own view on the issue. All in all: you were expecting a different type of a game than you should have. The game probably is good but it's not a game for you. You like different games. Apples and oranges, you know.

1. Skill has nothing to do with bad shooting mechanics.

Lol so why are you listing auto-aim which is worst shooting mechanism ever as advantage? :)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

To be honest, it kind of depends on what system you play the game. If you play it on PC both point one and six(auto-aim and poor physics) become obsolete. And because of the better shooting point two isn't true aswell, i actually find the PC version to easy. Also Mafia II actually runs decently on a average pc, oppossed to the terrible port that's called GTAIV.

Also Mafia II has a few advantages over GTAIV aswell, like a better atmosphere and story.(although this has more to do with taste).