By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If you think GTA 4 is overrated then you should play Mafia 2

pezus said:

Guys, play it on PC. It is really a much smoother and more polished experience than on consoles.

And also, I don't understand what's so bad about GTAIV? I thought it was a very good game and the physics were great!

every other person who played rdr disagrees with you

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Around the Network
Garnett said:
zgamer5 said:
badgenome said:

You forgot:

you are officialy the funniest person on vgchartz, passing the legendary nikkom, unless darths lies/lame jokes about rolstopabble being funny and you being his padawan are true.

I forgot about RDR....mmm

I used to take GTA4 for granted, until i played Mafia 2. THen i realise how good GTA4 is.

yes, and its not like developers didnt put equal amount of time and money in those games...

I beat it, and almost platinumed it. Should have that done today. 

Got Edited out: The story, the atmosphere and the gameplay (PC version), make this a much better game than GTA4 ever could. 

Zkuq said:
Garnett said:
Zkuq said:

1. No auto-aim...? YEAH!!! A bit more towards skill, it is.

2. People have different tastes. I, for one, don't mind more realistic gameplay.

3. What did you expect? At least I didn't expect a proper sandbox game, I expected a somewhat linear game with an open world.

4. Too bad... Well, unless you're just stupid and missed something obvious, the game really is buggy. I suspect the latter.

5. Can't say much about this, I've only tried Godfather 2 and haven't even tried Mafia II.

6. There are funny games, there are serious games, but both can be fun to play in their own way. Here, GTA IV is the funny game and Mafia II is the serious game.

Despite not having played Mafia II, I had to share my own view on the issue. All in all: you were expecting a different type of a game than you should have. The game probably is good but it's not a game for you. You like different games. Apples and oranges, you know.

1. Skill has nothing to do with bad shooting mechanics.

2. I love realistic games, except when the game is supposed to be fun..

3. More stuff to do? Thats what i expected, why make an open world with nothing to do?

5- There we  go, your points have no value because you havent played Mafia 2, story is good for a game but the gameplay mechanics are shit.

6. The  funny/serious aspects only matter in the story. The gameplay is below average.

1. Is the issue with no auto-aim or simply bad shooting mechanics? Or do you simply dislike having to aim yourself? I like aiming, not having the game aim for myself. Even on consoles, even though I mainly play games on PC.

2. And realistic games can't be fun...? I think I missed your point.

3. To not make the game feel so linear? Why are you so upset they made the world open?

5. I know... Some of those arguments just seemed ridiculous. "I wanted an apple but got an orange instead."

6. I don't know if gameplay really is below average or what, but otherwise I disagree. A serious game is often a more realistic one, while a 'funny' game is often more unrealistic.

1. Both, its annoying to have to use an awful shooting system and not be able to lock onto a target.

2. Mafia 2 isnt realistic in 99% of the areas, but the shooting is supposed to be realistic? Bull.  As for realistic games, thats all i play on PC and i even played OPF on 360, whcih is realistic to the max.

3. Why even make an open world if you cant do stuff, its just a waste of time driving around to place  that the story will never be at.

5.When you think  mob, you think of the godfather movies, you think you would have some sense of really being in a mob, not just a 5 man squad of guys who claim to be the mob. Its like if in CoD that 4 guys were the entire US army, its like what the hell happened to the rest of the guys?

Another thing that sucks is you get money to do nothing with besides pay the other "mob" members. Wow that makes me feel like a mobster....

Also if you guys really complain about the open world stuff, you should have got Betrayal of Jimmy. Looks like you got the xbox360 version which is the worse version of the game. 

Around the Network
Garnett said:

1. No autoaim, why doesn't this have auto aim? Its the most basic feature for a shooting game.... without it the  shooting is tedious.

2. You die super fast... I mean seriously, how the hell is this fun?

Shit man! Does this mean I actually have to put in some effort?!

Dear Mafia II devs:

Please had a beefed up Juggernaut perk with Stopping Power.

. . .

. . . .

ok I'll be serious:

Deal with it.

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

Your first points cearly show you need to stop playing game. The game itself is already dumbed down and noobed up plenty and it would be just too sad to see it being even more noobed up for the chobs out there.

The rest is kind of valid I guess though.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Parasitic said:
Garnett said:

1. No autoaim, why doesn't this have auto aim? Its the most basic feature for a shooting game.... without it the  shooting is tedious.

2. You die super fast... I mean seriously, how the hell is this fun?

Shit man! Does this mean I actually have to put in some effort?!

Dear Mafia II devs:

Please had a beefed up Juggernaut perk with Stopping Power.

. . .

. . . .

ok I'll be serious:

Deal with it.

If you actually played the game, then you would know how hard it is, and how shitty the gameplay mechanics are.

What also makes the game even harder is the glitchy ass AI can shoot through walls and boxes, so your never safe, oh and they have  amazing accuracy....

pezus said:
zgamer5 said:
pezus said:

Guys, play it on PC. It is really a much smoother and more polished experience than on consoles.

And also, I don't understand what's so bad about GTAIV? I thought it was a very good game and the physics were great!

every other person who played rdr disagrees with you

Why? You do realise that RDR has the same physics engine as GTAIV, right?

im saying that gta4 isnt a "very good game" compared to rdr.

and no its not exactly the same physics engine. i think they made a new one just for the horses, or they tweaked the one of gta4.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good