By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Put your hands up if you think Valkyria Chronicles will be a million seller

Put your hands up if you think Valkyria Chronicles will be a million seller

Yes it will 64 51.61%

No it won't 21 16.94%

Only if Sega make VC3 for PS3 16 12.90%

Don't know 9 7.26%

Don't care 6 4.84%

None of the above / I like pie 8 6.45%

Total:124

I'll buy and help the million sales if they patch trophies :)

Around the Network

Possibly.

Although I wouldn't keep my fingers crossed.

Surprised the usual suspects haven't been in here yet with the "It's overtracked!" stuff. Despite having no evidence of it.

Hopefully

And I think SO4 will be too

so 3 console JRPG's will be million sellers then!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:

Hopefully

So4? you mean conbined sales for 360 and ps3?

Mad55 said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Hopefully

Yup

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
Mad55 said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Hopefully

Yup

oh yeah im hopeful of that also. same for vesperia if the ps3 version was released stateside.

Hero_time88 said:
kain_kusanagi said:

Sega should have released it on 360 and PC in addition to PS3. At this point it doesn't make any sense for a 3rd party publisher to do PS3 exclusives.

For Japanese publishers who's games aren't that commercial it sure does

I for example don't see any point in Resonance of Fate for the 360 after the lackluster sales, and it probably would have sold more on the PS3 if had been an exclusive, because the fanbase would have hyped a lot more, like with Yakuza 3.

Resonance of Fate did poorly becuase it was mediocre. With multiplatform game engines so common and how cheaply and quickly ports can be done. There is no reason for a publisher to NOT port to everything the game can run on becuase the investment is small and it yield higher profit.

As for the notion that PS3 fans hype exclusives. That is rediculas. How can you suggest Yakusa would not have sold as much if it had been ported to PC and Xbox 360? YOu don't know the effect it would have had. I'm pretty sure it would have sold just as well on PS3 as it has and it would have sold additionaly on PC and Xbox 360. It would have cost little to port and increased sales. Only the extremely bias care about exclusives. Everyone else buys the games on the shelf without looking to see if it's a port or not.

3rd party exclusives are a thing of the past. For some reason Japanese developers and publishers think they can get away without supporting western markets. But some like Capcom and Square have realised that for the small cost of a port they can tap the rich Xbox 360 market in the west. FF13 may have sold more on PS2, but it only set records because it was on Xbox 360.

It deserves to. More people need to buy this game... Im such a hypocrite, I havent bought it yet lol, I will in the future tho, deffinatly :D

I have (or have/had in the household): ZX Spectrum, Commodore 64, Amiga, NES, Sega Master System, Super Nintendo, Sega Megadrive, Gameboy, Playstation, Nintendo 64, Windows 95, Gameboy Colour, Windows 98, Sega Dreamcast, Gameboy Advance, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox, Windows XP, Nintendo DS, Xbox 360, Wii, PS3, Windows Vista, iPhone, Windows 7, 3DS, Wii U, PS4, Windows 10, PSVR, Switch, PS5 & PSVR2. :D

and I Don't have: Magnovox Odyssey, Any Atari's, Any Macintosh computers, Sega Gamegear, Virtual Boy, Sega Saturn, N-gage, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PSP, PSVita & Andoid Phone. Plus any non-main-stream consoles/platforms I haven't mentioned.

Buy this game. 

Blue, Flamed, Valkyrie bewbs ...

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

I hope it does become one. It deserves every sale out there. I think sales could've been higher had it included trophies.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!