By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Put your hands up if you think Valkyria Chronicles will be a million seller

Put your hands up if you think Valkyria Chronicles will be a million seller

Yes it will 64 51.61%

No it won't 21 16.94%

Only if Sega make VC3 for PS3 16 12.90%

Don't know 9 7.26%

Don't care 6 4.84%

None of the above / I like pie 8 6.45%

Total:124

If Microsoft had bought Sega during the last generation Sega wouldn't exist anymore. All of its exclusive games bombed hard: (Panzer Dragoon Orta, Jet Set Radio Future, Crazy Taxi 3, House of the Dead 3 or Sega GT 2002)

Around the Network

I'm not so sure actually... 

Valkyria Chronicles (PS3)
Sega
95 141 688,836

This is what is sold last week.Sure the sales are wrong (hey don't include JP #s)....but take a look at all the PS3 Sega games that charted in JP -

End of Eternity (PS3)
エンド オブ エタニティ
Sega
30 1,419 229,535
Ryu Ga Gotoku 4: Densetsu wo Tsugumono (PS3)
龍が如く4 伝説を継ぐもの
Sega
23 767 562,708
Ryu Ga Gotoku 3 (PS3)
龍が如く3
Sega
78 724 606,467
Bayonetta (PS3)
ベヨネッタ
Sega
43 77 212,236
Power Smash: Live Match! (PS3)
Power Smash ライブマッチ
Sega
22 66 8,811

They could always make a GOTY edition with trophy support.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Bruno Muñoz said:

If Microsoft had bought Sega during the last generation Sega wouldn't exist anymore. All of its exclusive games bombed hard: (Panzer Dragoon Orta, Jet Set Radio Future, Crazy Taxi 3, House of the Dead 3 or Sega GT 2002)

I dunno, I go both ways on this... had Xbox gotten things like VF4 or Shinobi or Sonic Heroes exclusive, I think they'd have done pretty well.  Consolidating Sega's base on one system might've raised sales on those other Xbombs too.  Of course, I also kind of doubt Monkey Ball would've been the breakout success it was on GameCube.

Sega themselves too would do better concentrating on one platform imo.  Their own studios always excelled on their own hardware... I miss Sega consoles. :(

jarrod said:
Bruno Muñoz said:

I dunno, I go both ways on this... had Xbox gotten things like VF4 or Shinobi or Sonic Heroes exclusive, I think they'd have done pretty well.  Consolidating Sega's base on one system might've raised sales on those other Xbombs too.  Of course, I also kind of doubt Monkey Ball would've been the breakout success it was on GameCube.

Sega themselves too would do better concentrating on one platform imo.  Their own studios always excelled on their own hardware... I miss Sega consoles. :(

I dunno.  It was all about Monkey Flight really.  Monkey Ball was HUUUGE in college dorms.

Around the Network
jarrod said:
Bruno Muñoz said:

Have any of their internal studios developed any exclusives besides Yakuza 3 and Valkyria Chronicles this generation? I can't think of any. Chromehounds was developed by From Software, so that doesn't count...

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

huaxiong90 said:
jarrod said:
Bruno Muñoz said:

Have any of their internal studios developed any exclusives besides Yakuza 3 and Valkyria Chronicles this generation? I can't think of any. Chromehounds was developed by From Software, so that doesn't count...

Lots of DS and PSP games (Hatsune Mika 1-2, Love & Berry, PS0, Feel the Magic, Rub Rabbits, Valkyria 2, New Yakuza, Love Scanner, etc), and various Wii Sonic games (Secret Rings, Black Knight, Colors).  Also Sega started doing various arcade-to-console ports internally again, and a few were exclusive (rail shooters for Wii, Virtual On for 360).