By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Put your hands up if you think Valkyria Chronicles will be a million seller

Put your hands up if you think Valkyria Chronicles will be a million seller

Yes it will 64 51.61%

No it won't 21 16.94%

Only if Sega make VC3 for PS3 16 12.90%

Don't know 9 7.26%

Don't care 6 4.84%

None of the above / I like pie 8 6.45%

Total:124

@joeorc: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oktimLrfibY

No mention of Sony anywhere. Skip to the 6:00 minute mark. You'll see Jarrod's correct.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network
jarrod said:
Carl2291 said:

Possibly.

Although I wouldn't keep my fingers crossed.

Surprised the usual suspects haven't been in here yet with the "It's overtracked!" stuff. Despite having no evidence of it.

I'm here! <3 <3

Last we heard from GAF, it was "slowly approaching 150k" according to NPD. lol.

Who was it who assurred me we'd get a Sega press release when the "franchise" had cleared a million?  Shouldn't we have gotten that by now? ;)

So where's your evidence? NPD? "lol".

Why should we? It still hasn't crossed a Million and it's hardly selling any copies weekly. IF VC3 is true, then we might get some indication to the series' sales, like i assumed we would have done with a VC2 release.

You piss me off when you put across every other tracker's numbers as fact. They aren't. We are on VGC... So use VGC. Stop trying to discredit VGC numbers at every opportunity you get. ";)"

binary solo said:

http://www.vgchartz.com/game.php?id=18897 currently sitting at 931 and a bit K

I was sort of thinking about doing a thread asking people what they think is the best game this gen that won't sell 1 million. I, of course, was going to say Valkyria Chronicles. But what do I see when I go to the game page? >900K. That means it is a possible million seller.

So I abandoned that thread for this one instead.

What do you reckon?

It certainly deserves 1 million in sales; it deserves 2 million IMO.

I agree with you on it deserving 1 million, if not 2 million sales.

You should still make your thread.  There are a good few games  I think should have hit over 1 mill this gen (Demon's Souls and Eternal Sonata come to mind)

Hopefully.  I enjoyed it and while I'm normally hesitant to ever claim something deserves more sales, in this case I think it does.

I'm always saddened that games with a melancholy atmosphere that touch on the negative aspects of war and combat don't sell as well as games celebrating combat.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Carl2291 said:
jarrod said:
Carl2291 said:

Possibly.

Surprised the usual suspects haven't been in here yet with the "It's overtracked!" stuff. Despite having no evidence of it.

I'm here! <3 <3

Who was it who assurred me we'd get a Sega press release when the "franchise" had cleared a million?  Shouldn't we have gotten that by now? ;)

Why should we? It still hasn't crossed a Million and it's hardly selling any copies weekly. IF VC3 is true, then we might get some indication to the series' sales, like i assumed we would have done with a VC2 release.

You piss me off when you put across every other tracker's numbers as fact. They aren't. We are on VGC... So use VGC. Stop trying to discredit VGC numbers at every opportunity you get. ";)"

Funny thing is, that NPD leak I linked was dead on for Demon's Souls too, which got proven out when we got the shipment numbers from Atlus.  VGC substantially overtracked that game too.

VGC's great, and I applaud their transparency and service to the public, but they're not perfect.  And they seem to have something of a track record of inflating sales  for these sorts of games...

Around the Network
jarrod said:
Carl2291 said:
jarrod said:
Carl2291 said:

Possibly.

I'm here! <3 <3

Funny thing is, that NPD leak I linked was dead on for Demon's Souls too, which got proven out when we got the shipment numbers from Atlus.  VGC substantially overtracked that game too.

VGC's great, and I applaud their transparency and service to the public, but they're not perfect.  And they seem to have something of a track record of inflating sales  for these sorts of games...

So? VGC have been right on some stuff and wrong on others before too. And they have then gone on to be adjusted. Same goes for NPD... They have also been proven wrong.

Until you have proof, you can't seriously try to make arguements that it's overtracked. When you have real proof, not another tracking agencies numbers... Then I will believe you and accept it's not sold anywhere near as well as VGC has it at right now.

Carl2291 said:
jarrod said:
Carl2291 said:
jarrod said:
Carl2291 said:

Possibly.

I'm here! <3 <3

So? VGC have been right on some stuff and wrong on others before too. And they have then gone on to be adjusted. Same goes for NPD... They have also been proven wrong.

Until you have proof, you can't seriously try to make arguements that it's overtracked. When you have real proof, not another tracking agencies numbers... Then I will believe you and accept it's not sold anywhere near as well as VGC has it at right now.

I'm just talking likelihoods, these are all just estimates.  When we get 'proof' of however much it's actually moved, if we ever get that, we'll probably see massive downward adjustments on VGC.  Like we did for Demon's Souls.

The sad thing is, reaching 150k for game like this in the US is honestly sort of great, especially considering were it started (only 33k it's 1st NPD, only 74k as of Feb 2009).  Not many JRPGs even make it to 150k in the US, and the only other ones that probably have on PS3 so far are FFXIII, Demon's Souls and maybe Disgaea 3.  150k for Valkyria should, frankly, be seen as a good thing when you really get down it.

jarrod said:
Carl2291 said:
jarrod said:
Carl2291 said:
jarrod said:
Carl2291 said:

Possibly.

I'm here! <3 <3

I'm just talking likelihoods, these are all just estimates.  When we get 'proof' of however much it's actually moved, if we ever get that, we'll probably see massive downward adjustments on VGC.  Like we did for Demon's Souls.

The sad thing is, reaching 150k for game like this in the US is honestly sort of great, especially considering were it started (only 33k it's 1st NPD, only 74k as of Feb 2009).  Not many JRPGs even make it to 150k in the US, and the only other ones that probably have on PS3 so far are FFXIII, Demon's Souls and maybe Disgaea 3.  150k for Valkyria should, frankly, be seen as a good thing when you really get down it.

Let alone SRPGs which are less popular then JRPGs.

jarrod said:
Carl2291 said:
jarrod said:
Carl2291 said:
jarrod said:
Carl2291 said:

Possibly.

I'm here! <3 <3

If we're gonna be honest Demon's Souls isn't really a JRPG. It's more like a std single character WRPG Like Dark Alliance, but with more of a Japanese vibe.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

XanderZane said:
kain_kusanagi said:

Sega should have released it on 360 and PC in addition to PS3. At this point it doesn't make any sense for a 3rd party publisher to do PS3 exclusives.

I'm thinking after the 3rd game comes out on the P#, SEGA will do an Anthology for the XBox 360 and have all 3 games bundled in for $59.99. Im surprised SEGA has made more games for the XBox 360. They were huge supporters last gen and made a ton of exclusives for the XBox. Microsoft should just buy them out. They really need a Japanese developer in their stables anyways.

Microsoft already tried to buy SEGA out during last gen.  SEGA did the smart thing be staying independent.  Being bought out can still happen, but so far, SEGA seems to be keeping a head of good sense on their shoulders.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.