By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Million sellers

nordlead said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
a non-troll/sexually oriented thread. i'm proud of you.

it looks like mario party is gonna pass zelda soon, thats dispicable.

people seem to forget that zelda was on the GC too, so the total game sales is roughly

1.33 - GC
3.84 - Wii

5.17 - Total

So MP8 has another 2m to go before it catches zelda. Even though they are on different platforms, I'm sure that GC Zelda hurt the Wii Zelda sales. I would have bought the GC version if I didn't find a Wii back in Feburary.

yeah alot of people i know bought the gc zelda because they coundnt find a wii plus zelda

Around the Network
Freestyler said:
Only one EA game and rightfully so, it is so dumb that there is no Burnout for the Wii since it won't have to compete with other games except their own NFS games.

Its rumoured that burnout will be coming out next eyar on the wii :P hope so tbh. Meh, its looking good for the Wii, but there still aint enough 3rd party games up there!

tk1989 said:
Freestyler said:
Only one EA game and rightfully so, it is so dumb that there is no Burnout for the Wii since it won't have to compete with other games except their own NFS games.

Its rumoured that burnout will be coming out next eyar on the wii :P hope so tbh. Meh, its looking good for the Wii, but there still aint enough 3rd party games up there!

I think the question is, what 3rd party game other then Zack and Wiki actually deserves to be on that list? I can't think of any myself... so when you find one please let me know.

Also, that's a pretty good year. The DS never saw that many million sellers in it's first year. I believe it might have had a max of 5? Can anyone find that out somehow? So the Wii software selling as well as it is, is a huge plus for it.

It's also interesting to see that Wii games don't start off particularly strong but end up having great sales.  That can lead a lot of companies in to doing the wait and see game.  Release a game, wait for sales... evaluate... then release another game rather then shooting games out constantly. 

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

tk1989 said:
Freestyler said:

Let's hope it turns out better then that crappy DS version... ugh...

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Go Cooking Mama!

Around the Network
endurance said:
nordlead said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
a non-troll/sexually oriented thread. i'm proud of you.

it looks like mario party is gonna pass zelda soon, thats dispicable.

people seem to forget that zelda was on the GC too, so the total game sales is roughly

1.33 - GC
3.84 - Wii

5.17 - Total

So MP8 has another 2m to go before it catches zelda. Even though they are on different platforms, I'm sure that GC Zelda hurt the Wii Zelda sales. I would have bought the GC version if I didn't find a Wii back in Feburary.

yeah alot of people i know bought the gc zelda because they coundnt find a wii plus zelda

Yes. I was one of them.

well and RE UC just abt to hit 500k

weezy said:

i cant believe 500K ppl bought Excite truck

ROFL

Excite Truck is amazingly fun.  To quote an SA goon, "Excite Truck is an awesome simulator.  By that, I mean it is a simulator of awesome."

So far, Resident Evil: UC, Guitar Hero 3 and Mario and Sonic at the Olympics are all on their way to million sellers.

But one million isn't the mark of commerical success. It's just a big easy number to understand.

I'm fairly sure that Sega is happy with Sonic and the Secret Rings sales (especially considering their other next gen sonic effort), EA should be pretty pleased with Tiger 07(if not Tiger 08), Majesco must be thrilled with Cooking Mama sales and plenty of other games are seeing fairly decent sales right now.

So far there are plenty of reasons for third parties to be happy with their Wii game sales. There are also plenty of reasons for third parties to be hanging their heads in shame. Is anyone at Ubisoft saying "You know guys, I'm not so sure the Wii will be successful for us... I mean look at Far Cry sales! I spent all night developing that game and it flopped!"

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

the sales are definitly respectable for the wii's first year games cycle - as the Wii get it's own popular franchises, they learn from their mistakes and the install base gets larger then I think there's nothing to worry about for the third parties.

I reckon 2008 should see some stellar titles getting announced for the Wii.

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony