By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Million sellers

I don't know why you are bitching about 3rd party sales on the Wii.
All 3rd party have done are wiimakes/ports of PS2 or PSP games and some low budget original games.
Zack & Wiki is far to hardcore for the Wii owner, and it had almost no advertising.
Guitar Hero 3 is a good game and it is selling very well, if you consider that it is the first game in the series to come out on a Nintendo console.
RE UC is also selling well for what it is.
When 3rd parties start taking seriously the Wii, their games will sell fine.

Around the Network

If the 360's second year was this good, I can't wait to see what the Wii's does, but then again let's not forget the PS3's poor launch has given the 360 more games than it could have ever hoped for.

There's a few more 3rd party games destined to exceed 500k soon too, namely RE:UC, MySims, and RR2. plenty more which can put up a good fight too.

My reckoning is there is two sides of it. Firstly the third parties need to make better games to improve sales, which seems to be happening as time goes by. There is also the fact they need to learn how to market their games, marketing a game on the Wii seems more important then it has on any console before (Except the DS), and with this new and different userbase companies are experimenting and learning.

I'm sure monkey ball is also in the 500k+ category, it's got 350k in NA and 40k in Japan, no data for europe.
Call of Duty 3 is 340k in America alone, no data for europe/japan. Probably sold over 500k.
DQS is 10k away from 500k and is selling 900 units a week in Japan. Still awaiting release outside of Japan.

The thing you should be asking is if there is any other 3rd party games that SHOULD be on that list. I don't really think so. Zack and Wiki deserves it but it never had any chance because of the type of game it is, and wouldn't have on any other system.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

I too must also state my love of Excite Truck. It was my favorite Wii game untill I played Zack and Wiki and Mario Galaxy. Yes more than Twilight Princess, Super Paper Mario, and even Metroid Prime 3. I'd kill for a sequel, espeically one with a more expanisve multiplayer component. Even the one mode two player splitscreen was great, and had a healthy set of checks and balances to ensure you strive to trick out and make for the finish line quickly. I just wanted to play it with more people.

Plus if you're going to laugh at anything on that list, I'd pick Cooking Mama. No this isn't some "ZOMG casual games!" bash, I thought it was just very poorly made. I have no idea if the DS version is any good or not, but the Wii version was just annoying. Poorly translated and explained insutrctions, lot of the things you did just seemed tedious or annoying, controller would seem to stop responding for a lot of the games for me. How the hell am I suppose to know which ingredidents burn when? Maybe you should give me something to study, like a damn cook book. Didn't feel so much like a cooking game as a crummy game with cooking themes. =P 

Around the Network

9 out of 21 games from third party is good considering there are few good third party titles on it. Also I hardly see third party commercials anyways they seem not to really push them. IMO

"Like you know"

johnsobas said:
I'm sure monkey ball is also in the 500k+ category, it's got 350k in NA and 40k in Japan, no data for europe.
Call of Duty 3 is 340k in America alone, no data for europe/japan. Probably sold over 500k.
DQS is 10k away from 500k and is selling 900 units a week in Japan. Still awaiting release outside of Japan.

The thing you should be asking is if there is any other 3rd party games that SHOULD be on that list. I don't really think so. Zack and Wiki deserves it but it never had any chance because of the type of game it is, and wouldn't have on any other system.

Basically, how i feel.  Heck i mean some of that stuff shouldn't even be selling as much as it has.  

johnsobas said:

I agree there are some missing, the European figures certainly will help push some more games up there provided we get them.

Also I'm not giving up on Zack and Wiki yet. 500k is horribly ambitious but I think it can do it. I mean, Point n click games still sell here in Europe, and Nintendo are publishing the game in Europe, so maybe just maybe they can pull a miracle. I'm sure they'll give it the TV advertising and retailer front row stacks it deserves, just a shame it's release in January I guess.

from third parties guitar hero3,mario and sonic,re:uc will soon appear on the million list

3 of those 11 titles are 3rd party

23 of the 28 or whatever the 360 has are 3rd party

see the difference?

Wii needs to have some steller 3rd party support if it wants to dominate like the ps2 did, which wont happen unless 3rd party sells pick up

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.