By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft dev: "Wii is a refurbished Gamecube"

Antabus said:
Metallicube said:

Makes me laugh how these tech whores get their panties in a bunch that such an underpowered console is kicking the taints of the "amazing" powerful HD consoles.

I am not following your logic there. Where did the guy say anything like that?

He's stating that is the cause of their comments.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
Antabus said:
Metallicube said:

Makes me laugh how these tech whores get their panties in a bunch that such an underpowered console is kicking the taints of the "amazing" powerful HD consoles.

He didn't.

But you should know by now that everyone dislikes the Wii because it's outselling the HD consoles. This also automatically makes the Wii better.

Not because (for example) Ubisofts 2 best selling games ever are on those said HD consoles.

Somebody gotta say it

MY ZELDA COLLECTION

Usually game designers / graphical artists don't the Wii, back in 2007 I was talking with one of contacts in the game industry (a game designer) and she told me: "I have already played the tree consoles of this gen and the Wii is the worst"

Carl2291 said:
Antabus said:
Metallicube said:

He didn't.

But you should know by now that everyone dislikes the Wii because it's outselling the HD consoles. This also automatically makes the Wii better.

Not because (for example) Ubisofts 2 best selling games ever are on those said HD consoles.

The problem is assuming it's because those games are on the HD consoles made them sell, not that they are actually good and marketed well. NSMBWii didn't sell well just because it was on the Wii. It sold because it's also good and marketed well.

BTW, reviews don't make a game good, nor are a substitute for marketing.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
adsl said:

Usually Game designers / graphical artists don't the Wii, back in 2007 I was talking with one of contacts in the game industry (a game designer) and she told me: "I have already played the tree consoles of this gen and the Wii is the worst"

Yup, my friend who is a 3D artist in the games industry told me how the Wii games department artists were hurting from all the constraints imposed on them. Actually, any time visual fidelity is lost we'll be unhappy, which only makes sense.

Currently playing: Gran Turismo 5
Just finished:
Infamous 2

LordTheNightKnight said:
Carl2291 said:
Antabus said:
Metallicube said:

He didn't.

The problem is assuming it's because those games are on the HD consoles made them sell, not that they are actually good and marketed well. NSMBWii didn't sell well just because it was on the Wii. It sold because it's also good and marketed well.

BTW, reviews don't make a game good, nor are a substitute for marketing.

You think a consoles demographic doesn't come into how a certain game sells?

Do you honestly think that Carnival Games would sell over 3.5 Million units on either HD console? Honestly?

And just so you know. Assassin's Creed wasn't a good game. It was slow, repetitive and dull. The only good thing about it was the introduction of Parkour into games and the graphics.

Ok whatever Ubisoft.

The Wii is a refurbished Gamecube, I don't really see the problem. If the Gamecube was the 9500 Pro then the Wii is the 9800 XT. Things look better because its faster but its fundamentally the same technology with the same strengths and weaknesses relative to itself. Why does this need over 100 posts on something we've understood since 2006?

Tease.

I don't understand why, but in instead of focusing in the Wii unique capability to make true unique games they just don't stop complaining about its limitation when you don't need it to make a god game the sells well. For example, Just Dance is a extremely simple game but it is also extremely  fun because it has focused on "how do we use the motion controls to make a dancing game?" and result we know, Just Dance sold more than GoW3, Uncharted 2 and most of the HD titles that they "love" so much.