By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide weekly sales discussion

^ naz

I agree with you, but how is the porting of okami a major developmental effort. Its a port, of a great game, with waggle.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

"The new blood has been rejected"

(The Pain talking about the box360 in PAL, from MGS3)

PS3 is more expensive, have less good game, and ... sell better.

In Japan, well, the Xbox360 is dead, as expected.

In NA, it will be a lot harder for Sony to outsell the Xbox360, A LOT.

I believe that, since NA consumers buy a lot of things, they have bought the Xbox360 and they will buy the PS3 to play some PS3 exclusive like GT5 or FF later (remember the PS2 hardcore users from NA that also bought the Xbox during the last gen).That is what will save the PS3 in NA according to me.
The BR player of the PS3 may have a role to play in this story too ...

Time will tell.

Time to Work !

@Outlaw,

Maybe not a great NEW effort, but the game is being handled by a good studio and Capcom is putting a lot of effort in the Wii in general and they will try to deliver a quality product and learn from Zack and Wiki and have more publicity for it. Not many people bought the game for PS2, so we can consider it a fairly new game. Curious how such a hardcore game will sell. If it sells more than the PS2 version I hope we can stop the B*llSh*t of no Wii 3rd party games/hardcore games selling. RE4/RE:UC/SonicSR/ZeldaTP/GH3 already proved otherwise and I really hope FF, NMH, Okami, Fragile, ProjectO and Monster Hunter will do really well as well.

Looking at R &C sales still makes me sad, the game deserves MUCH MORE!!

Uncharted has picked up tho...

PS3 sales are VERY GOOD...only imagination can say how they will be next year now WITH great exclusives & maybe a more reasonable price

360 I feel isn't doing "that" well for what it has had & what it is this year, there is NO DOUBT it has the best lineup by far and a VERY resonable price rang (30$/£30 more than wii in NA/EU) YET it is doing on par with the PS3 ---- thats not too hot in my eyes

WII sales....well what can we say..PHENOMENAL!

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

@darth

Ratchet's box art was a complete turn off.

mM
Around the Network

@leo-j

Which one, US or EU??

& if people are starting to judge games by just box arts then I am shocked...

I know this is very cliche but:

"never judge a book by its cover"

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Good for Wii.

I think all 3-D console platformers sell poorly today because the majority of gamers are whiny brats who want to run around and shoot things.

2-D portable platformers sell like crack though. Look at New SMB. What the eff?

I WANT MY PLATFORMING BACK DAMMIT. Remember the NES days when we got 3 Mario platformers? That was amazing. You think Mario's getting whored out now, when we only get one game per console... why I oughtta...

Also, booyahs to Wii software.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

Why is everyone talking about Uncharted showing legs, it is essentially only it's second week in the US, and it was launched today in EU (on amazon uk uncharted at 12 and 40GB at 7 last I checked and top of game pre-order charts for like a week) so hopefully it should get some good sales.
I wonder what will get the PS3 going in the US, could it be KZ2, could it be another huge price drop. In Japan it is doing well, and with MGS4 (and FF XIII) it should get some good sales there. In Europe Singstar was just released, so that could have an effect, and MGS4 and GT 5 should have a good effect to