By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Official Formula 1 2010 game thread

woohoo finally i F1 2010 game thread, nice one wick.

This will be a day 1 buy for me it looks amazing, but i think for any F1 follower this game is going to look amazing. Theres one think ive noticed though, on the few gameplay videos ive seen have you noticed the HUD that shows race positions isnt the same as how its displayed on actual Race days? i know this isnt a major problem at al,l but it would be nice to have it look as real as possible with minor details like this.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Around the Network
wick said:

I may have to invest in a wheel.

Any advice on a good one for the 360??

To be honest the official wheel from M$ would be perfect. It has the same 240 degree give that an actual F1 car has and has great FF. Also includes paddle shifts just like F1 cars in real life. Any other wheel, wont really cut it for the true F1 experience as they have a 900 degree give. Which is not realistic to F1.

StokedUp said:

woohoo finally i F1 2010 game thread, nice one wick.

This will be a day 1 buy for me it looks amazing, but i think for any F1 follower this game is going to look amazing. Theres one think ive noticed though, on the few gameplay videos ive seen have you noticed the HUD that shows race positions isnt the same as how its displayed on actual Race days? i know this isnt a major problem at al,l but it would be nice to have it look as real as possible with minor details like this.

Then again it would depend on which country you view F1 in. As different braodcasters would show that differently.

Smidlee said:
wick said:

Only two options (unlike PC and PS3):

1)  a cheap X360 mircosoft wireless wheel  (you can hook up G25/G27 pedals if you have a set)

2)  a more expensive Fanatecs  911 Turbo  wheel.

Fanatec Turbo is clearly the best 360 wheel when it comes to features (clutch, gear shifter, wheel adjustablity, 900 degress turning) yet some of the fastest times on Forza3 were from those who used X360  wireless wheel.  I personally wouldn't buy the Fanatec  911Turbo unless you are planning to get more into racing sims including PC.  X360 wireless is the better option for the casual sim racer.

X360 wireless wheel has only 270 degrees of wheel turn which is perfect for a F1 game.

I'm gald you added the last sentence. As any 900 degree wheel for F1 is just plain wrong. F1 enthusiasts must own a 240 degree wheel turn as it will be the closest set up you can get. Also the official M$ wheel has great FF to. And paddle shifts.

palancas7 said:

No demo, no buy.

For this kind of game a demo is IMPORTANT!

Get DiRT or GRID demo and you know how awesome this game will be.

Around the Network
Barozi said:
palancas7 said:

No demo, no buy.

For this kind of game a demo is IMPORTANT!

Get DiRT or GRID demo and you know how awesome this game will be.

If F1 plays like those games, then I'm out.

selnor said:

Then again it would depend on which country you view F1 in. As different braodcasters would show that differently.

Yeah i Suppose your right there.

I hope that they keep realism of the cars true to how it is aswell.

For instance when you start your 7 year career in this game i take we're going to have to start off in one of the "lower" teams like, Hispania Racing, Virgin Racing or Lotus, and lets face it those teams do not stand a chance of finishing anywhere above 16th position. So hopefully it will be exactly like this in the game and you have to basically race it out with you partner, do your best and beat him consistenly and work your way up the teams by gaining their attention and getting contracts with them at the end of the seasons.

StokedUp said:

selnor said:

For instance when you start your 7 year career in this game i take we're going to have to start off in one of the "lower" teams like, Hispania Racing, Virgin Racing or Lotus, and lets face it those teams do not stand a chance of finishing anywhere above 16th position. So hopefully it will be exactly like this in the game and you have to basically race it out with you partner, do your best and beat him consistenly and work your way up the teams by gaining their attention and getting contracts with them at the end of the seasons.

You got your wish. Watch all the dev diatres on Youtube. In one of them, they tell that the career mode starts you off on one of the low teams. Because you cant compete for the win, it's about outperforming your teammate and other equivelent teams around you. Then better teams may approach you.

Confrimed by Codemasters.

selnor said:
StokedUp said:

selnor said:

You got your wish. Watch all the dev diatres on Youtube. In one of them, they tell that the career mode starts you off on one of the low teams. Because you cant compete for the win, it's about outperforming your teammate and other equivelent teams around you. Then better teams may approach you.

Confrimed by Codemasters.

Thats awesome news! The last thing i wanted to be doing was racing a HRT and beating the likes of RedBull, Mclaren andFerrari and thinking to myself, "well this just would never happen". But obviously thats not going to be the case. It seems like Codies are really going out to make this as real as they can and that can only be a good thing. Man im excited about this.

selnor said:
wick said:

To be honest the official wheel from M$ would be perfect. It has the same 240 degree give that an actual F1 car has and has great FF. Also includes paddle shifts just like F1 cars in real life. Any other wheel, wont really cut it for the true F1 experience as they have a 900 degree give. Which is not realistic to F1.

Yeah I was looking at them last night. I'll probably get that one cause I don't play any racing games apart from Formula 1 games anyways.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron