By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Official Formula 1 2010 game thread

selnor said:
Smidlee said:
wick said:

I may have to invest in a wheel.

Any advice on a good one for the 360??

Only two options (unlike PC and PS3):

1)  a cheap X360 mircosoft wireless wheel  (you can hook up G25/G27 pedals if you have a set)

2)  a more expensive Fanatecs  911 Turbo  wheel.

Fanatec Turbo is clearly the best 360 wheel when it comes to features (clutch, gear shifter, wheel adjustablity, 900 degress turning) yet some of the fastest times on Forza3 were from those who used X360  wireless wheel.  I personally wouldn't buy the Fanatec  911Turbo unless you are planning to get more into racing sims including PC.  X360 wireless is the better option for the casual sim racer.

X360 wireless wheel has only 270 degrees of wheel turn which is perfect for a F1 game.

I'm gald you added the last sentence. As any 900 degree wheel for F1 is just plain wrong. F1 enthusiasts must own a 240 degree wheel turn as it will be the closest set up you can get. Also the official M$ wheel has great FF to. And paddle shifts.

Yeah no.. I have the Driving Force GT and while it's 900 degree, developers can limit the usable range. So having a 900 degree wheel beats not having one any day.

OT: F1 2010 will be day 1 for me.

Around the Network

I wonder if they'll get the racing line right for the new track in Korea?

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

This game looks good and I will be buying day-1.  I also want F1 to come back to Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

puffy said:
selnor said:
Smidlee said:
wick said:

I may have to invest in a wheel.

Any advice on a good one for the 360??

Only two options (unlike PC and PS3):

1)  a cheap X360 mircosoft wireless wheel  (you can hook up G25/G27 pedals if you have a set)

2)  a more expensive Fanatecs  911 Turbo  wheel.

Fanatec Turbo is clearly the best 360 wheel when it comes to features (clutch, gear shifter, wheel adjustablity, 900 degress turning) yet some of the fastest times on Forza3 were from those who used X360  wireless wheel.  I personally wouldn't buy the Fanatec  911Turbo unless you are planning to get more into racing sims including PC.  X360 wireless is the better option for the casual sim racer.

X360 wireless wheel has only 270 degrees of wheel turn which is perfect for a F1 game.

I'm gald you added the last sentence. As any 900 degree wheel for F1 is just plain wrong. F1 enthusiasts must own a 240 degree wheel turn as it will be the closest set up you can get. Also the official M$ wheel has great FF to. And paddle shifts.

Yeah no.. I have the Driving Force GT and while it's 900 degree, developers can limit the usable range. So having a 900 degree wheel beats not having one any day.

OT: F1 2010 will be day 1 for me.

You are right.  You can limit how much of the 900 degree is used in most games  ( also true with the Fanatec wheel)  yet the wheel itself will continue turning 900 dgrees while the 360 wheel will stop at 270. It's not a big problem yet it nice to have the wheel  stop around 270 degrees when it comes to F1.

I'm actually thinking about building a little monocoque to set up my wheel and pedals in and park it in front of the 50inch for this game.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

Around the Network

Well the first Officail review is in From OPM and its good news, They gave it a 9/10

Stating they love the game for the way it makes them feel,

"It's a game where first place is for a long time out of reach, and where qualifying eighth on the grid is sometimes considered a good result." also saying, "Every successful overtake is a victory and every place lost is a crushing blow." The review also flags up the rain effects, obviously, noticing how good a torrential downpour looks and how much of an effect it has on the race. "What it all adds up to is a sense of danger (and exhilaration) that's greater than we've seen in the genre before." "It's one of the most terrifying and intense racers ever made," the review concludes.

well people its time to get even more excited!! man i cant wait for this.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

I hope the PC version runs as well as console since I hoping to have triple screen running soon. I have triple monitors but my pc has trouble running them. I will be getting a new pc soon.

It sounds like it's going to be the most realistic F1 game yet.

Seriously can't wait.

wick said:

I'm actually thinking about building a little monocoque to set up my wheel and pedals in and park it in front of the 50inch for this game.

If you do this, please post some pics!

^ Oh I will for sure.

Only 3 weeks to go now!!