By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Official Formula 1 2010 game thread

StokedUp said:
Munkeh111 said:

Well I have had mixed feelings with this game

I got the game on Thursday and started my career as Toro Rosso, and much to my surprise, I won the first race by 45 seconds... I then came 4th in Melbourne, so I realised that I should probably adjust the difficulty from medium to hard

But then it all went wrong. My problem is that I keep on spinning and I don't really know how to avoid it, and so I finished 24th in the 3rd race and then 23rd in the next because of a puncture. I need to find a middle ground!

if you've gone from medium to hard, then your traction control would of also been turned off or maybe turned to medium and thats what your most probably struggling with. so just go to your options leave the game difficulty on hard but change your traction control to on. that could help.

Well I've got the traction control on medium, I have fiddled with setting since I put it on hard, but I want to avoid putting it back up to full, because that kind of feels like cheating...

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:

I got the game on Thursday and started my career as Toro Rosso, and much to my surprise, I won the first race by 45 seconds... I then came 4th in Melbourne, so I realised that I should probably adjust the difficulty from medium to hard

But then it all went wrong. My problem is that I keep on spinning and I don't really know how to avoid it, and so I finished 24th in the 3rd race and then 23rd in the next because of a puncture. I need to find a middle ground!

haha I know EXACTLY what you mean.

Joined Toro Rosso, won the first race by over 30 seconds (1st in qualifying), won the second race by over 30 seconds (5th in qualifying without really trying) (both on medium difficulty).
Then I decided to increase the AI difficulty to hard and to enable fuel and tire simulation. Tried as hard as I could in the qualifying and came in at number 12 I think.
Then in the race I needed to restart several times, cause I was always spinning in one of the first 3 corners, because someone "touched" me from the side (I use the cockpit camera in the game so I don't even notice when someone touches my sides).
Anyway after the 10th attempt I cleared the first corners and at the end of the race I was 8th which I think was still a bit too good for a team like Toro Rosso ^^

Liuzzi won btw LOL.

But yeah your spinning could also be the disabled traction controls.

Barozi said:
Munkeh111 said:

haha I know EXACTLY what you mean.

Joined Toro Rosso, won the first race by over 30 seconds (1st in qualifying), won the second race by over 30 seconds (5th in qualifying without really trying) (both on medium difficulty).
Then I decided to increase the AI difficulty to hard and to enable fuel and tire simulation. Tried as hard as I could in the qualifying and came in at number 12 I think.
Then in the race I needed to restart several times, cause I was always spinning in one of the first 3 corners, because someone "touched" me from the side (I use the cockpit camera in the game so I don't even notice when someone touches my sides).
Anyway after the 10th attempt I cleared the first corners and at the end of the race I was 8th which I think was still a bit too good for a team like Toro Rosso ^^

Liuzzi won btw LOL.

But yeah your spinning could also be the disabled traction controls.

Hehe, I have always struggled to start, though I normally spin because I am so scared of anyone touching me

Having said that, I have been happier with more Red Bull dominance as of late in my game, but what does confuse me is tires. I keep on talking to myself about fresh tires, but is all that stuff taken into account in the lower difficulty settings or am I just imagining cold tires handling worse?

Also, Toro Rosso did win Monza a few years ago, so 8th is certainly not entirely out of the question

Skeeuk said:
haxxiy said:

Serious news guys. It seems like Codemasters totally scammed the whole gaming community and the early reviews were just a reaction to a mislead first impressions that very much change when you've played enough.

Not only the game is full of bugs and incomplete compared to what you'd get on a racing simulator like Forza or Gran Turismo, but the AI is simply a lie in every way possible.

It turns out that even a game like F-Zero GX on a previous gen and much inferior hardware was actually more convincing. Some are being smart and trying to get refunds or resell the game while you can.

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/f1-2010-game-1316/431006-confirmed-race-ai-phoney.html

just read much of that thread, it seems shameful imo. if i had bought the game and spent time with it only to find issues like that id take it back.

I wouldn't waste my time reading from codemaster forum as  I  think  most of those posting there wouldn't be happy no matter what Codemaster did. I can see why most racing game aim more toward casual gamers than hardcore since they are extremely hard to please.  They nitpick about everything. ( it's the same with games like Civilization where some complains the AI cheats)

The bottom line is even with F1 2010 short comings and bugs , it still a fun game.

Every sim I've ever play had problems with the AI. When it comes to racing,  no AI is a subsitution to real players.

The game has been ejected out of my ps3 and I'm thinking of getting rid of it. And the reason is I think the gAme is fixed to whether it'll let u win a race or not. I was in Montreal and my lap times in practices were 2 seconds faster than anyone else. I finished in pole position in the qualifying. But the game would NOT let me win the race. The first problem was when I came into pit for no reason whatsoever it kept me in the pits for 20seconds! I was the only person in the pit lane. So I restarted because it simply wasn't my fault that I was going to finish in 10th or so. Then the second incident I'm in 1st 2 laps to go I get a puncture, I restart this the pit lane keeps me in for 10seconds but I still manage to come out the lane in 3rd tAke back 1st an guess what, puncture. This happened in every restart, everytime I managed to get in first after a stupidly long pitstop my tyre would blow out, almost as if it is planned that I will not be finishing in 1st before the race even began.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Around the Network
StokedUp said:

The game has been ejected out of my ps3 and I'm thinking of getting rid of it. And the reason is I think the gAme is fixed to whether it'll let u win a race or not. I was in Montreal and my lap times in practices were 2 seconds faster than anyone else. I finished in pole position in the qualifying. But the game would NOT let me win the race. The first problem was when I came into pit for no reason whatsoever it kept me in the pits for 20seconds! I was the only person in the pit lane. So I restarted because it simply wasn't my fault that I was going to finish in 10th or so. Then the second incident I'm in 1st 2 laps to go I get a puncture, I restart this the pit lane keeps me in for 10seconds but I still manage to come out the lane in 3rd tAke back 1st an guess what, puncture. This happened in every restart, everytime I managed to get in first after a stupidly long pitstop my tyre would blow out, almost as if it is planned that I will not be finishing in 1st before the race even began.

There are just too many blow outs. I set flashbacks to 4 just because of the blow outs. Do you use flash backs to see if the tire blow again? So far flaskbacks works for me. Hopefully we get a patch soon to fit the pits and blow outs.

I've chilled out a bit now, I'm not getting rid of the game I was just a little pissed that it seemed the game might actually have had fixed races. But I've done the course again and managed my first and probably only win this season with lotus, the pit stop was a good 4 seconds and I had no blow outs. I've also now got sauber and torro Rosso interested in me. Just gotta get my reputation to 15 and I'll be signing with sauber.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Ok I haven't spent much time on the timetrials yet but Melbourne/ dry 1:26.513

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Some news on the upcoming patch from the Codemasters forums:

Hi everyone,

It’s been a while since we last updated on the forthcoming F1 2010 patch so here is where things are at currently…

The team are hard at work, and have been since launch, building the patch. We’ve focussed on both fixes to the game and a number of gameplay improvements based on your feedback. Once the process has finished, we can then release the patch for submission which will take an additional couple of weeks until it is available for release. Here is a quick overview of the main issues which we’re addressing:

1. Corrupt Save Games - We have identified an over-zealous anti-cheating check that manifested as falsely identified corrupt saves, specifically the ones relating to practice and R&D upgrades, the save-games should now load without issue. However if any of you are experiencing corrupt saves outside of this then please continue to send your PS3 save game files to us (Xbox360 & PC saves aren’t of any use to us) and we can test these against the latest patch to see whether all instances of this issue have now been fixed

2. AI not pitting in dry races where a mandatory pit stop was required (20% or more) – This has been fixed.

3. Player held in pit-stop too long – We’ve improved exit logic so that it isn’t too cautious in holding players during a pit-stop.

4. Puncture frequency reduced – The likelihood of players suffering punctures has been reduced.

5. Pit-stop lock-ups - Fixed several instances which caused the pit crew to lock-up and not be able to service the cars.

6. Automatically updating race strategy – Selecting prime tyres from the tyre menu (over default option) now updates the strategy so that the pit-crew assign options during the pit stop as opposed to re-attaching another set of primes (in a dry race of 20% or more).

7. First lap calculates correctly – The lap time for the first lap of the race now calculates correctly, from the lights going out as opposed to the cars crossing the start line.

In addition to these fixes we’ve also made improvements to the game based on your forum feedback:-

1. OSD changes – showing split times rather than gap to leader – We’ve changed how the OSD timing information functions so that split times are now displayed on the OSD, showing race time and race time differences to the other cars – I.e. how far ahead/behind are at a sector boundary.

2. AI affected more by damage received – Damage sustained by an AI’s car will have a greater effect their handling characteristics, effectively slowing damaged AI down more. AI cars that cannot maintain a racing speed will naturally yield to faster cars & come into the pits for repairs. As before, If they receive too much damage, they will retire from the race.

3. AI yielding to other cars when not on flying lap in qualifying - Improved AI behaviour to move off the racing line or out of the player’s way when the player is on a flying lap.

4. Increased wheel support – Increased wheel support and force feedback tweaks (where applicable) for the following wheels; Thrustmaster Ferrari F430 Force Feedback (officially supported), Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience (officially supported), Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Pro Clutch (not officially supported but will work), Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S & GT3 RS2 (both officially supported).

5. Wet weather improvements - Rebalanced graphical and handling effect of cars driving on a wet track - the level of wetness has been increased as well as tyre trails being made more prominent.

6. Improved Damage Modelling – Tweaks to the damage system so that more damage is visible / received during lesser impacts.

7. Next lap invalidated time trial logic - In time trial the next lap is no longer invalidated for any offence committed in the 3rd sector. It is calculated per track and is predominantly based on the final corner.

8. AI: Driver Behaviours - Addressed some issues in driver behaviour balancing that were causing occasionally unrealistic finishing positions.

There have also been several PC specific improvements as well:-

1. PC 'replay saving' and playback – You will be able to save out the files to replay them later or share them with others.

2. DX11 – The F1 2010 patch will enable the game to run on DX11. All of the graphical improvements are configurable from graphical options when in DX11. Specifically, "ultra" settings for 'shadows' and 'postprocess'. (These options require a lot of processing power, and are only recommended for high-end graphics cards.

3. Eyefinity Support – F1 2010 now supports 3 x 1 or 3 x 2 monitor display setups (minimum requirement of 3 x monitors)

4. Optimisations – We have made better use of multi-core processors in general, which will lead to better framerates on higher end machines.

5. Additional Support - Support for SandyBridge processors, which also adds support for currently available 'modern' processors, like Core i7, which wasn't correctly detected previously.

This list is not exhaustive of the issues being addressed in the patch but a snap shot of the key improvements. Please keep your feedback coming though as it is invaluable both for the work on the patch and for the design of F1 2011.

Once the patch goes into submission, we’ll try to give you guys a heads up as to when it will be live and ready to download as soon as we know.

Thanks for your continued support & feedback.

The F1 2010 Development Team.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

Sorry for the triple post guys but just wanting to keep everyone up to date with the patch news........

Update: The team have been hard at work and as a result we have now completed all internal testing on the patch.

The patch is now in submission with Microsoft and Sony for all 3 platforms, and once this process has been successfully completed the patch will be released, ready for you to download. Keep an eye out on the forums, facebook, and twitter, as we’ll let you know as soon as it’s ready to download.