By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the Xbox ever outsell the PS3 in Others or Japan ever again?

leo-j said:
@eugene

Are you on something?

Sony can take america back. With those huge AAA games next year.

Are you sure you're not the one who's on something? Xbo360 beat PS3 last week by 10,000. The results are right there on the front page of this web site if you don't believe me.

Around the Network
slicktrick said:
Maybe if they keep the same price and bundle the HD-DVD drive with it. Elite would be $50 more, 3 times the hard drive space, hd movies, 2 free games, and a better game library than the $399 ps3. Add the 5 or 10 or however many free movies with it and sales will soar.

Yeah but your "game library" argument is only right now. IF things pan out the way the release schedule has it going, which has been the case lately with first party games, then the PS3 library could be as good or better than the 360 by next summer, as far as exlusives are concerned.

UT3-Gears of War

Haze+Killzone- Halo3

Uncharted- Mass Effect

MGS4-Bioshock

LBP

R&C

White Knight Story

With the release of in-game XMB and PSHome, the only advantage left would be price. Thats only 6 months away.

Even if it will , not enough to actually count ... so I say no ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

others, early next year for sure

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

You can continue to dream kirby007.
I dont see why others will suddenly switch and buy more Xbox360 than PS3.

Time to Work !

Around the Network

first christmas

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I gonna simplify a lot ...... you do realize that MS has virtually 14 time the financial power to push any of there product than sony ??? the net income of sony is around the billion annually when MS is seating on 14 of them..... MS had an net income increasing the past 5 year Sony has its going down.....

to sum it up and turn it in ridiculous MS could give away 46 million unit for free (admitting the production cost is 300) and still be in the positive if everything else stay as it is... where PS can barely give away more than 2 million for free (admitting a prod cost of 450 for the PS) and rest staying the same on other Sony's market.... and Sony markets are way more competitive than MS monopolistic software empire.... so financially as whole Sony is playing a dangerous game at cutting the price.... if they continue too much they could destroy the brand name PS if they sink to much money and can't get the market back and jeopardized themself for the next gen.... but at the same time it can save it big time... it's just a question of balance between the size of the risk against the benefits they can pull out of it.... where MS as virtually all the margin they want to strike..... it's kind of a David and Goliath fight MS being Goliath and in real life trust me David is not the usual winner at that level...

and for the X time XB is still having the others market in front of WII.... you might be in front of XB right now but the market shares total are still in XB hands and by 2 million in front of PS... and to catch up by the end of 2008 PS3 must do at least 38,000 unit a week more than XB.... to be equal in market shares with XB.... a simple price drop in XB's price could be enough to slow that shrinking greatly enough....