By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the Xbox ever outsell the PS3 in Others or Japan ever again?

@eugene

The ps3 stil cost more.

mM
Around the Network
Sqrl said:
Japan: No
Others: Yes

Another question is if the PS3 will ever outsell the 360 in the US again? (It happened for 3 weeks in July of '07 during the "price cut" and it hasn't happened since.)

Yes but Halo 3 brought up 360 sales quite a lot and held them steady until the Christams hype, I think we'll see a pretty big drop in the next months to come.

I dont know, with the Xbox already reaching 10 million in America alone, there is too much of xbox community there and with word of mouth, price cuts, etc. Its gonna be a very difficult market for Sony. This is the month of their 40 gig price cut launch, and yet they didnt make a dent in the 360's sales or 2-1 lead.

@cool48

Have you gotten your ps3 yet?

mM
leo-j said:
@cool48

Have you gotten your ps3 yet?

*Sigh*

No not yet. But when I will you'll know. 

Around the Network
eugene said:
I dont know, with the Xbox already reaching 10 million in America alone, there is too much of xbox community there and with word of mouth, price cuts, etc. Its gonna be a very difficult market for Sony. This is the month of their 40 gig price cut launch, and yet they didnt make a dent in the 360's sales or 2-1 lead.

2-1?

More like 5k..

mM

Again? when it outsold say me, LOL.
It was on PAIR with ps3. But REALLY didn`t outsell.
500-700 units is in statistical fault level.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

leo-j said:
eugene said:

2-1?

More like 5k..

Im going to quote myself, they are = Until NPD is in.

mM

I finally agree with eugene. I think Sony is getting smashed in America right now, but America is the most hyped based country. A few bad reviews can cause a game to completely flop in America, and since Sony bashing is a trend, they follow that as well.

The timing of titles, and quality is a huge hit or a huge miss for Sony next year. In the event that all those AAA titles get delayed and come out with graphical issues, the PS3 would be done for.

However, if KZ2 is as good as it was shown off to be, along with MGS4 and all the other titles the PS3 will have the most amazing year in gaming history, miles better than the 360's this year.

What I've been seeing, being such a Sony fanboy, is that these delays allow for an almost month to month AAA titles next year. DMC in Jan, LBP in Feb, MGS4 in March or April SOCOM/White Knight Story in may/june Killzone in August, Infamous in September, Resistance 2 in October, God of War 3 in November GT5 and FF13 (Japan) in December.

That would be best case scenario of course, but if all games came out living up to the hype, with relatively no issues, I could realistically see the PS3 selling 15 million consoles next year alone at a $299 price point. It would cut the lead in America to atleast 2 million.

Theres a potential it could happen. It all depends on whether or not Sony's consoles really has that many issues, and whether or not these developers can handle the massive projects laid out

yes if MS has a good price drop and sony doesnt we could easily see it in others.

Japan highly unlikely though possible

Yes sony has two markets to one, but 360 also has the biggest market. Also sony has to really dominate others for this to happen

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.