By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gran Turismo 1-4 has outsold the entire Halo series!!!!

Ping_ii said:
I_THE_SANDMAN said:

Most people forget that there are more than twice as many PS2s in the world then Xboxs and 360s combined.  Another note Halo 3 did better then GT4

So? GT3 came out at the time the ps2 install base was lower than what ps3 has now and it sold 14m, MGS4 on ps3 sold more than MGS3 in ps2 that had higher installbase.

And how long did it take to reach those 14m in sales?

Around the Network

You're comparing four full games on a total userbase of 250 million to three games, a map pack, an RTS and an expansion on a total userbase of some 70 million, but that would make for a boring reply, so GO GRAN TURISMO!

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Serious_frusting said:
zgamer5 said:
Barozi said:
Serious_frusting said:

GT5 will outsel Halo reach

and i will bet on it

bet taken

i wanted to take the bet :( damn it.

you both can take the bet i dont mind

:) even though im sony fan this bet is interesting, if i win il be happy because i won, and if i loose il be happy because gt5 won. what a win win situation.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Things GT5 has going for it:

-It hasn't been seen as much on PS3 compared to the Halo series on Xbox 360
-It doesn't face the same level of competition that Halo: Reach will (COD: Black Ops, Medal of Honor, etc)
-It has been in development far longer than Halo: Reach and could push its genre further

Things GT5 has going against it:

-The decline of practically all hard core racing game series from their PS2 iterations to PS3 ones
-A smaller userbase in which to sell on (unless you believe PS3 will eventually outsell PS2)
-Some of its launch limelight might be stolen by the massive launch of Kinect just two days later

zgamer5 said:
Serious_frusting said:
zgamer5 said:
Barozi said:
Serious_frusting said:

GT5 will outsel Halo reach

and i will bet on it

bet taken

i wanted to take the bet :( damn it.

you both can take the bet i dont mind

:) even though im sony fan this bet is interesting, if i win il be happy because i won, and if i loose il be happy because gt5 won. what a win win situation.

Can I take the bet too? I'm king of in zgamer5's situation lol.

Around the Network
tuscaniman said:
FootballFan said:

Yawn. We know GT has been bigger than Halo for a long time.

GT has never been bigger than Halo. Now do a comparison between the two attach ratios and watch GT get stomped by Halo. Reach will sell 5 million more than GT5. Quote me on it.

yes i agree old GT's when released there were biger userbase of sony consoles as compared to ps3.

or we can judge by preorder numbers also its too low i doubt that it will not even sell more than million copies in its opening week.

vg79 said:

gt prologue 4

gt tokyo genevra

gt5 prologue

altro che halo

anybode quote him please lol

geddesmond2 said:
Antabus said:
BMaker11 said:
tuscaniman said:
FootballFan said:

GT has never been bigger than Halo. Now do a comparison between the two attach ratios and watch GT get stomped by Halo. Reach will sell 5 million more than GT5. Quote me on it.

GT3 on PS2 = butt rape on your attach ratios

Wasn't that bundled with every ps2 at some time?

What like how Halo 3 came bundled with every Xbox 360 sold from the games release date until a year later. Even now you can buy bundles with Halo 3 and ODST. Also Gran turismo Prologue sold over 5 million copies without being bundled and it wasn't a full GT game. Halo ODST managed to sell 5 million after being bundled since christmas last year with 5 million more so called attach rates

Halo never came bundled in the sense it was bundled free to the masses..

It was bundled in limited numbers at an additional price ( which covered the game, maybe saving 10 dollars ) meant for fans of the game as well as for those who wanted the console and game because they didn't have it for themself.. but perhaps they had played on a friends console.. 

I don't think the comparison of games on platform with over 100 million units sold with current games is of any relevance. I think Reach will outsell GT5. We can check by the end of the year and see which one is doing better by then. Perhaps we should do a poll, maybe it'll turn out like the other poll "when will 360 start to outsell ps3", where 60% of the people were wrong. 

rf40928 said:
geddesmond2 said:
Antabus said:
BMaker11 said:
tuscaniman said:
FootballFan said:

GT3 on PS2 = butt rape on your attach ratios

Wasn't that bundled with every ps2 at some time?

What like how Halo 3 came bundled with every Xbox 360 sold from the games release date until a year later. Even now you can buy bundles with Halo 3 and ODST. Also Gran turismo Prologue sold over 5 million copies without being bundled and it wasn't a full GT game. Halo ODST managed to sell 5 million after being bundled since christmas last year with 5 million more so called attach rates

Halo never came bundled in the sense it was bundled free to the masses..

It was bundled in limited numbers at an additional price ( which covered the game, maybe saving 10 dollars ) meant for fans of the game as well as for those who wanted the console and game because they didn't have it for themself.. but perhaps they had played on a friends console.. 

Halo Reach will likely come bundled with the new 360 slim this fall - xmas. and i think a lot of old 360 users will pick it up to replace older units. and i think sony will also bundle GT5 with the rumoured 360GB HDD. so it seems that there will be no dissadvantage to either game if they're both bundled. i wil be supprised if sony dosent bundle GT5 in the EU and US.