By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gran Turismo 1-4 has outsold the entire Halo series!!!!

Mummelmann said:

Grimes and ymeaga1n; are you two of those typical folks who don't realize there's a world outside of the US? If something is released or available for purchase in Europe but not in the US, a lot of people pretend it doesn't exist. The original Halo 3 bundle did quite well here in Norway and was available day one at the games release.

I'm not saying the guy didn't make an ass of himself in his posts but get your head out of the clouds on this one thing; he did not lie about that bundle. There is a whole world out there outside the United States, learn about it.

The gist of his argument was that Halo 3 had lots of bundle sales while GT5 had none. If you look at Halo 3's sales, 2/3 were in the US where no bundle was available for a very long time. I'm not ignoring Europe, but the reality is that Halo 3 has a much larger base in the US.

The Halo 3 bundle is more or less a sidetrack anyways to the main argument which was that Halo 3 could attribute most of its sales to bundles while GT5 had none, and even if you accept that Europe had a bundle, that is simply not proof to base the argument on.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Around the Network
Serious_frusting said:

GT5 will outsel Halo reach

and i will bet on it

bet taken

Barozi said:
Serious_frusting said:

and i will bet on it

bet taken

i wanted to take the bet :( damn it.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Most people forget that there are more than twice as many PS2s in the world then Xboxs and 360s combined.  Another note Halo 3 did better then GT4

Also the best selling exclusive on the PS3 has less then half of Halo 3

Around the Network

gt prologue 4

gt tokyo genevra

gt5 prologue

altro che halo

I_THE_SANDMAN said:

Most people forget that there are more than twice as many PS2s in the world then Xboxs and 360s combined.  Another note Halo 3 did better then GT4

So? GT3 came out at the time the ps2 install base was lower than what ps3 has now and it sold 14m, MGS4 on ps3 sold more than MGS3 in ps2 that had higher installbase.

zgamer5 said:
Barozi said:
Serious_frusting said:

and i will bet on it

bet taken

i wanted to take the bet :( damn it.

you both can take the bet i dont mind

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Ping_ii said:
I_THE_SANDMAN said:

So? GT3 came out at the time the ps2 install base was lower than what ps3 has now and it sold 14m, MGS4 on ps3 sold more than MGS3 in ps2 that had higher installbase.

How much do you expect GT5 sell in first month? ;) How about Halo reach?

Why are there still so many people who say that GT5 won't sell as much as previous GTs because of a lower userbase? This gen has shown pretty clear that the userbase of a console doesn't really matter. God of War 3 for example will definitly outsell GoW 1 and 2, and MGS4 already outsold MGS3.

What I want to say is that it isn't clear that Halo Reach will sell more. It probably will IMO, but mainly because FPS games are way more mainstream than 5-10 years ago.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3