By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Obama throws support behind controversial Islamic Center

I can't believe this is even an issue.

I'm sometimes so ashamed of how fucking idiotic my own country is.

THE CONSTITUTION ISNT FUCKING SITUATIONAL. IT'S WORKING ALL THE TIME. Even if they built the church ON Ground Zero, as long as they obtained the land legally and zoning-wise, it's safe, then GOOD FOR THEM.

The constitution wasn't made to make hurt people feel better, it was made to promote freedom for all.

Around the Network

A small victory against terrorism. Terrorist claim the US to be an enemy is Islam, and this show exactly the opposite.

Also, I too believe in the right to express one's religion.

Good, but one thing I don't get....If an country without democracy do something that 70% of the population doesn't want it is a bad thing....But now in the biggest supporter of democracy the 70% people who didn't wanted the mosque have lost;;;;and that is a good thing?

Don't take me wrong I belong to the 30% who don't see a real problem with building the mosque...but that is now the second time that the president supports something very undemocratic?

And I disagree with Obama that this will win the fight against terrorims...In fact many fanatics groups see this as an victory that they not only can bring Europe down but also bring USA to his knees...

And religion freedom am I fine with this but what if it is against the rights of the people?
I see it in Europe myself like my city where I live in...Almost 30% are muslims and under 20 it is more than 50% every day I have to hear how someone get murdered because her bf was not a muslim, or got raped because she was no muslim...The reactions of the youth?  'Well it is simple if she was muslim she would not be raped what is the problem that is her own faulth'...and where did the youth learn that?  Sure not from school... *

It is a fact that that between now and 50 years a lot of the smaller EU countries will have a moslim majority population that is for me not the problem but I only see the fanatics getting stronger with every year and how people are losing their rights...Freedom of speech is one of them...

Brave move i have to say, this isn't going to help him in the next ellection. Although i think Obama shouldn't have done this since he is a muslim himself thereby having the risk off looking biased. Personally i think they should call the construction off. I mean everybody is saying that people should be free in expressing their religion and i'm for that, but why does that Mosque have to be on that particulair location, why not a few blocks away. You know your going to piss alot of people off by doing that.

Also i have the feeling something is going to go terribly wrong this 11 September with all the protests and demonstrations.

jedians said:

yes respecting all religion is a very good thing.in past years all president in USA have shown their hate against muslims.

But good job from obama.

hate, thats being overly dramatic.  They would have ignored it 

Around the Network

people are to scared and judgemental. this is the land of the free and home of the persecuted.

i haft to say this was a bad move, but it shows equality. Obama is so outside of the box, and it could hurt him if it already hasn't. but on the other hand if you can't stop the KKK (who are terrorist in there own right)from doing whatever it is they do then how and why would you stop people from building a mosques.

if we can't build mosques then lets tear down every church that ever existed! thats fare right?

tehsage said:

I can't believe this is even an issue.

I'm sometimes so ashamed of how fucking idiotic my own country is.

THE CONSTITUTION ISNT FUCKING SITUATIONAL. IT'S WORKING ALL THE TIME. Even if they built the church ON Ground Zero, as long as they obtained the land legally and zoning-wise, it's safe, then GOOD FOR THEM.

The constitution wasn't made to make hurt people feel better, it was made to promote freedom for all.

agreed, but this could get ugly but i say bring on.

A muslim admits it's a slap,

So while some think its good then the other side of the coin should be presented

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/08/09/muslim-columnists-yes-the-ground-zero-mosque-is-a-deliberate-provocation/

@MARCUSDJACKSON: Indeed something tells me things are going to take a turn for the worse on September 11.

There is a  big difference in believe the government shouldn't step in (I agree 100%) and someone supporting this move/group. KKK is protected under free speech yet I refuse to support this group and will stand against their racism. This is not an good example of how wonderful  freedom of religion and free speech is but a bad side effect.